Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 9

4 hours ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Rivalry week. And then there weee no more weeks of the regular season. 

Bosse over Harrison

North rolls Central

Reitz beats MD comfortably

Castle beats Memorial as struggles continue

Jasper holds on to beat Lincoln

This really does a doozy to the standings. Reitz goes 9-0 and wins conference by three games, while five teams (Lincoln, Jasper, Castle, Memorial, North) all tie for second with three losses. 

I agreed Jasper and Castle likely take care of business, and Reitz wins the SiAC by  three again.  Hard to imagine that but…

Edited by GrayingPanther
Grammar

1 hour ago, GrayingPanther said:

Here go my picks for this week.  Hoping to do better on the scores this time around.  

Harrison 14 Bosse 45 - Daily screenings of “Rudy” fail to propel the Warriors to victory.  Elijah Wagner, Royal Elliott, and Arron Finnot give the visitors a guided tour of every yard mark and end zone at Enlow.

Mater Dei 7 Reitz 35 - Both offenses sluggish in their first series as they shake off the after-effects of excessive consumption of Kuchens, Pork Chop on a Stick, and Ski at last week’s West Side Nut Club Fall Festival. The panthers eventually come to life to easily handle the wildcats, prompting Coach Goebel to quip, paraphrasing Al McGuire, “The best thing about underclassman is that they become upperclassmen.”

Memorial 6 Castle 27 - The Knights take advantage the Tigers absences and win comfortably at home. Coach Hurley nixes his plan to tell reporter the following in response to critics of his coaching this year,“In sixteen years of coaching, I’ve come up with two hard, incontrovertible facts: there is a God, and, I’m not him.”

Jasper 28 Vincennes 26 - Jasper staff meets with Dr. Rick to discuss their fear of the forward pass.  He notes that may teams have had success with the new-fangled innovation since its introduction in 1906. Further stating that it will add a wrinkle to your offense since your opponents know you run the ball nearly 93% of the time.

49-7 Central 0 North 42 - Cainen Northington channels former Huskies great Cornell Garrett and runs for 200+ yards. Central boosters seeking IHSAA approval to give free dinners at Wolfs to the first 20 new players who come out next year.  Hopefully Coach Artis can start turning things around with a little more time and a few more athletes coming out.

Sorry, the copy and paste from my phone made the font too large.  Take 2:

Harrison 14 Bosse 45 - Daily screenings of “Rudy” fail to propel the Warriors to victory.  Elijah Wagner, Royal Elliott, and Arron Finnot give the visitors a guided tour of every yard mark and end zone at Enlow.

Mater Dei 7 Reitz 35 - Both offenses sluggish in their first series as they shake off the after-effects of excessive consumption of Kuchens, Pork Chop on a Stick, and Ski at last week’s West Side Nut Club Fall Festival. The panthers eventually come to life to easily handle the wildcats, prompting Coach Goebel to quip, paraphrasing Al McGuire, “The best thing about underclassman is that they become upperclassmen.”

Memorial 6 Castle 27 - The Knights take advantage the Tigers absences and win comfortably at home. Coach Hurley nixes his plan to tell reporter the following in response to critics of his coaching this year,“In sixteen years of coaching, I’ve come up with two hard, incontrovertible facts: there is a God, and, I’m not him.”

Jasper 28 Vincennes 26 - Jasper staff meets with Dr. Rick to discuss their fear of the forward pass.  He notes that may teams have had success with the new-fangled innovation since its introduction in 1906. Further stating that it will add a wrinkle to your offense since your opponents know you run the ball nearly 93% of the time.

49-7 Central 0 North 42 - Cainen Northington channels former Huskies great Cornell Garrett and runs for 200+ yards. Central boosters seeking IHSAA approval to give free dinners at Wolfs to the first 20 new players who come out next year.  Hopefully Coach Artis can start turning things around with a little more time and a few more athletes coming out.

Quick Picks, as I almost forgot:

Reitz over Mater Dei

Bosse over Harrison

Jasper over VL

Castle over Memorial

North over Central

Just now, TransplantedPanther said:

Welcome to the rainiest day of the year. Rivalry Friday. A light rain is starting to fall at the bowl. Hopefully it blows over for the rest of the night since it is actually a nice evening otherwise. 

The weather keeps on changing over the last hour, hopefully it isn’t as bad as it was a couple of years ago

2 hours ago, GrayingPanther said:

93% of the time? We gotta get that number up. 

Jasper 13

VL 0

half time 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21-7 Castle at HT

Tigers barely got the ball off on time, but overthrown out of bounds. So far, all Castle offensively in this half

Just now, TransplantedPanther said:

Not expecting a friendly locker room on the home side. 10-7 MD at half. 

Whoa, haven’t paying attention to that one, how has the game been?