Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 28: Tippecanoe Valley @ Bishop Chatard

6 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Love Kyle and think he’s great at what he does but a paywall for high school content?  Embarrassing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Love Kyle and think he’s great at what he does but a paywall for high school content?  Embarrassing.

Pony up, rich man.  If you complain enough you can get around that paywall for only $1 a month.  That's what I currently pay and all I will pay.

12 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Pony up, rich man.  If you complain enough you can get around that paywall for only $1 a month.  That's what I currently pay and all I will pay.

Principle.  What was Kyle’s winning percentage picking games this year out of curiosity?

Edited by temptation

9 minutes ago, temptation said:

Principle.  What was Kyle’s winning percentage picking games this year out of curiosity?

Not sure what the current % is but gleaned this from last week's week #9 preview by Mr. Neddenriep:

I was 37-5 again last week to improve to 270-69 (79.6%) on the season. Here is look at predictions on all of the Central Indiana games:

5 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

What is the Principal behind not being a GID booster?  Waiting on another bet to pay it off>?   Appreciate all who choose to contribute.  

if I become a booster do I acquire free reign to say whatever I want

Also do I get my negative 10 million back

technically its -9,999,950 or something but im willing to start over at 10 million

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Psycho.

Your solution to that should be to stop tagging me in any comment you might make. I don't know how many times you've done it other than the 1 @Coach Nowlinquoted yesterday, but just stop. I have no desire to engage you in any conversation whatsoever and I don't want to see my name in your mouth again.

• Disdain 1

4 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Your solution to that should be to stop tagging me in any comment you might make. I don't know how many times you've done it other than the 1 @Coach Nowlinquoted yesterday, but just stop. I have no desire to engage you in any conversation whatsoever and I don't want to see my name in your mouth again.

It’s ok.  I’ll let you win the pick em contest one day.  Maybe 2025.

Back on topic:  Chatard in a running clock…sorry TV.

Edited by temptation

22 hours ago, Punttheball said:

Valley has a 60 man roster.  They will play between 7-8 players both ways.  

This must be the typical "team of the decade" that 99% of government school football programs cycle through, where p/p's usually have a much lower drop off in athletic talent/experience from class to class to class.

• Like 3

On 10/18/2023 at 9:26 AM, temptation said:

You’ve been consistent and maybe I’ve missed it or forgotten, but what changes do you feel are necessary to get Penn back to the days of old?

Right now, I think we need someone that is younger and more innovative on the offensive side of the ball.  Penn's issue right now is their lack of inspiration. Their D seems to be good year in and year out, recently their issue has been the Offense staying on the field. So, if a coaching change is not in the cards, then their needs to be a scheme change.

One things kids do not like at the high school level is getting beat up on play after play, I am all for going back to the traditional ground and pound trap style of offense. scrap the lateral zone runs that end in the backfield, north and south running plays that result in 3-4 yards per play. This will allow you to run play action more effectively and when you get later in the games you can lean in on the O-line because they have just been pounding the d-line all night. The beauty is you can run aggressive downhill plays from the gun or under center, you don't have to be a 22 or 32 formation to play a physical style of ball. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Right now, I think we need someone that is younger and more innovative on the offensive side of the ball.  Penn's issue right now is their lack of inspiration. Their D seems to be good year in and year out, recently their issue has been the Offense staying on the field. So, if a coaching change is not in the cards, then their needs to be a scheme change.

One things kids do not like at the high school level is getting beat up on play after play, I am all for going back to the traditional ground and pound trap style of offense. scrap the lateral zone runs that end in the backfield, north and south running plays that result in 3-4 yards per play. This will allow you to run play action more effectively and when you get later in the games you can lean in on the O-line because they have just been pounding the d-line all night. The beauty is you can run aggressive downhill plays from the gun or under center, you don't have to be a 22 or 32 formation to play a physical style of ball. 

Maybe I'm missing something in translation, but Penn is 8-1 and their only loss is to Cathedral.  Last I checked, they are pretty good.  They are probably going to be in the sectional championship against Carroll.  I know Penn seemed to have a standing seat at the in the state finals back in the day, but they are still competitive.  If they beat Carroll in the final, they will have a great chance against whoever comes out of sectional 1.  The staff at Penn is doing fine.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

Maybe I'm missing something in translation, but Penn is 8-1 and their only loss is to Cathedral.  Last I checked, they are pretty good.  They are probably going to be in the sectional championship against Carroll.  I know Penn seemed to have a standing seat at the in the state finals back in the day, but they are still competitive.  If they beat Carroll in the final, they will have a great chance against whoever comes out of sectional 1.  The staff at Penn is doing fine.  

Don’t want to speak on his behalf but Penn has higher standards and the way in which they lost to Cathedral is foreshadowing and all too familiar to Penn fans when they run into central Indy powers.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

Don’t want to speak on his behalf but Penn has higher standards and the way in which they lost to Cathedral is foreshadowing and all too familiar to Penn fans when they run into central Indy powers.

"The way in which they lost to Cathedral" is the way most teams on their schedule lose to Cathedral.  It is going to take a special group of players to beat Cathedral on any given Friday.  I'm not sure the "higher standards" thing applies.  Penn was ahead of the curve for many years.  I just think many programs have caught up.  It is not that Penn is doing anything wrong.  How would those teams of old done if there was a success factor back in the glory days?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Punttheball said:

"The way in which they lost to Cathedral" is the way most teams on their schedule lose to Cathedral.  It is going to take a special group of players to beat Cathedral on any given Friday.  I'm not sure the "higher standards" thing applies.  Penn was ahead of the curve for many years.  I just think many programs have caught up.  It is not that Penn is doing anything wrong.  How would those teams of old done if there was a success factor back in the glory days?  

I am sorry, I have been going to these games from the time I can remember. I was at each of the three peat games, I was at the debacles to Warren, Carmel and BD. I have seen this program achieve success and lately the product on the field in the last four seasons is no where near the team that played Center Grove to a 12 point loss in the state finals. Penn with 3800 students should be able to produce talent across the board that can compete with an Indy based school year in an year out. 

The blow outs to top Indy teams and now Carroll last year, when that game was at Home....not acceptable. Yes Penn is 8-1...yes they beat two top 10 5A teams and a New Prairie team that could make noise in 4A, but that is not what 6A programs should be patting themselves on the back about. Winning a weak conference title is not what you pat yourself on the back about. Competing year in and year out for Semi-State title games is where this program was at, and now if we win sectionals, which has only happened 1 time out of the last 5 or 6 seasons is unacceptable, we are actually surprised. 

I know this thread isn't about Penn, and I am sorry this has kind of hijacked it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I am sorry, I have been going to these games from the time I can remember. I was at each of the three peat games, I was at the debacles to Warren, Carmel and BD. I have seen this program achieve success and lately the product on the field in the last four seasons is no where near the team that played Center Grove to a 12 point loss in the state finals. Penn with 3800 students should be able to produce talent across the board that can compete with an Indy based school year in an year out. 

The blow outs to top Indy teams and now Carroll last year, when that game was at Home....not acceptable. Yes Penn is 8-1...yes they beat two top 10 5A teams and a New Prairie team that could make noise in 4A, but that is not what 6A programs should be patting themselves on the back about. Winning a weak conference title is not what you pat yourself on the back about. Competing year in and year out for Semi-State title games is where this program was at, and now if we win sectionals, which has only happened 1 time out of the last 5 or 6 seasons is unacceptable, we are actually surprised. 

I know this thread isn't about Penn, and I am sorry this has kind of hijacked it.

Yeah, It doesn't help that you play a very less than typical 6a schedule.  Having only two on the schedule is not getting Penn ready for tournament play.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

Yeah, It doesn't help that you play a very less than typical 6a schedule.  Having only two on the schedule is not getting Penn ready for tournament play.

With just 32 teams in 6A, Indiana conferences, and not being in the Indy metro makes it brutal trying to prep for 6A post-season.

image.thumb.png.1002218716236300648441191641f8f4.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxbat said:

With just 32 teams in 6A, Indiana conferences, and not being in the Indy metro makes it brutal trying to prep for 6A post-season.

Better start scheduling out of state games!  Get some big Michigan schools or a few Chicago schools on the schedule.

• Like 1