2. Valpo

3. Bloomington South

4. Harrison

FIRST 3 OUT

5. Merrillville

6. Decatur Central

7. Mishawaka

Based on conferences, strength of record, and what the CFP usually desires

I like it. I think Bloomington South has the most impressive 5A v 5A win ousting North last week, but what Snider did to Warren and then beat a good Carroll team is hard to overlook. I went with recent outcome bias.

Valpo's two losses come against 6A schools with a combined record of 19-1. 

3 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

That is fair, but who and how is SOS determined. Sagarin?

I will give you the Summit is a better conference top to bottom than Conference Indiana. 

Sagarin is a good guide, but I don't think it would be hard to form an intelligent committee. I think anyone with half a brain would at least look at the Sagarin Ratings. It doesn't have to be the final factor though. I'm just saying that if I were on the committee, no offense to Bloomington South, they wouldn't be #1. Without digging too deep, I'm thinking it's probably Snider or Valpo. 

28 minutes ago, BTF said:

Bloomington South falls to 3 or 4 based on strength of schedule.

Upon further review:

1.     Snider

2.    Bloomington South

3.    Valpo

4.    Merrillville

Last four out:

5.    Decatur Central

6.    Harrison

7.    Bloomington North

8.    Mishawaka

22 minutes ago, BTF said:

Sagarin is a good guide, but I don't think it would be hard to form an intelligent committee. I think anyone with half a brain would at least look at the Sagarin Ratings. It doesn't have to be the final factor though. I'm just saying that if I were on the committee, no offense to Bloomington South, they wouldn't be #1. Without digging too deep, I'm thinking it's probably Snider or Valpo. 

That is all fair, if it were a CFP committee I think you are right, they are probably looking at multiple variables.

I think that outside Valpo's games vs CP and Penn, the next best game is Merrillville, which is a tough game, but the rest of the conference isnt very good. Andrean being down this year didn't help. 

Snider overall has two quality wins vs 6A teams, yes Warren did not live up to their normal expectations, but Carroll was a very good 6A team. I think Snider would likely take the overall #1 spot, but the loss to Homestead is big hurdle to look past. 

I like the Snider v Merrillville matchup you have in your final 4. 

40 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

That is all fair, if it were a CFP committee I think you are right, they are probably looking at multiple variables.

I think that outside Valpo's games vs CP and Penn, the next best game is Merrillville, which is a tough game, but the rest of the conference isnt very good. Andrean being down this year didn't help. 

Snider overall has two quality wins vs 6A teams, yes Warren did not live up to their normal expectations, but Carroll was a very good 6A team. I think Snider would likely take the overall #1 spot, but the loss to Homestead is big hurdle to look past. 

I like the Snider v Merrillville matchup you have in your final 4. 

Warren Central still ranks somewhere around that 15 mark, which makes them a pretty good team.  Carroll sits around that 10 mark. After that, the SAC is pretty far down this year. The loss against Homestead is a dark spot on their resume. 

12 hours ago, BTF said:

Warren Central still ranks somewhere around that 15 mark, which makes them a pretty good team.  Carroll sits around that 10 mark. After that, the SAC is pretty far down this year. The loss against Homestead is a dark spot on their resume. 

If Warren is around 15, where is LN?

I need to see this top 15-20.

Edited by temptation

Just now, temptation said:

Well if Warren is “around 15” and lost to LN by 41, I assume you have LN top ten?

Warren also almost beat Ben Davis. Snider also lost to Homestead. C'mon Temp. Carroll lost convincingly to Warsaw. Would the Tigers beat HSE? We could do this all day. Trying to figure out who sits where between 12-25 is a lost cause at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, BTF said:

Warren also almost beat Ben Davis. Snider also lost to Homestead. C'mon Temp. Carroll lost convincingly to Warsaw. Would the Tigers beat HSE? We could do this all day. Trying to figure out who sits where between 12-25 is a lost cause at the moment. 

“Almost” sigh…Warren has zero quality wins…eventually that has to matter.

Every other team mentioned has at least 1 quality win.

1 minute ago, temptation said:

“Almost” sigh…Warren has zero quality wins…eventually that has to matter.

Every other team mentioned has at least 1 quality win.

Until these teams start playing each other, there's no way to come up with an accurate rating. We can all think that Brownsburg, Center Grove, and Ben Davis are the best three teams in the state. But good luck after that, lol. I'll give you my Top 25 after Thanksgiving weekend. Keep the receipt, I'll probably forget. 

23 minutes ago, BTF said:

Until these teams start playing each other, there's no way to come up with an accurate rating. We can all think that Brownsburg, Center Grove, and Ben Davis are the best three teams in the state. But good luck after that, lol. I'll give you my Top 25 after Thanksgiving weekend. Keep the receipt, I'll probably forget. 

I see your point.  There is no such thing as an "accurate rating" as its all just opinion and for fun.  

Keep rolling man.  Appreciate what you bring to the board.

27 minutes ago, temptation said:

I see your point.  There is no such thing as an "accurate rating" as its all just opinion and for fun.  

Keep rolling man.  Appreciate what you bring to the board.

Likewise.............back at ya.