Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2023

1 hour ago, Alduflux said:

The recent history for those schools is SR beats Linton four years in a row, loses year five, then has them replaced with Washington.

HH replaces VL with MD (a big upgrade at the time), loses two years in a row, then replaces them with Mt. Vernon.

I've never gotten an answer as to why either series ended.  (SR v Linton, HH v MD)  Both seamed to make sense from a schedule and competitive standpoint. 

In the new PAC most non-conference games are cross division.  The only non-PAC games with 3a or larger schools are Washington vs Edgewood (4a) and Tell City vs Hancock County (3a if they were Indiana), and GS vs IMG acadamy.

It really is a same that only GS takes advantage of the flexible scheduling the PAC allows.  I feel the other top teams on both sides of the conference are missing out on a huge opportunity. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Screagle said:

I think it’s easier for the bottom half of SIAC to find games. Memorial played Mater Dei twice non-conference because nobody wanted to schedule either team. I don’t see many schools in either PAC division outside of HH, GS, and maybe SR that would look for games vs the top half.  

The current regime at HH has shown no desire to desire to deviate from playing any school other than ones they have played for 20 years.  Regardless of the competitive nature of said game.

6 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

It really is a same that only GS takes advantage of the flexible scheduling the PAC allows.  I feel the other top teams on both sides of the conference are missing out on a huge opportunity. 

“Shame”. I really with the admins would fix the stupid edit timer.

• Like 3

Just for funzies. Here's my SIAC Super Team offense. Can you build a SIAC Super Team defense to stop this offense!?

QB: Elijah Wagner (Bosse)

RB: Antonio Harris (Castle)

WR: Hayden Summers (Reitz), Tizhaun Tomlinson (Bosse), Luke Ellspermann (Mem.)

Hybrid: Roland Vera Jr. (Reitz)

OL: Quentin Boeke (Reitz), Ethan Goodin (MD), Timmy Dixon (North), Daniel Nash (VL), Aiden Waller (Mem.)

K: Keifer Sanderson (Reitz)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Just for funzies. Here's my SIAC Super Team offense. Can you build a SIAC Super Team defense to stop this offense!?

QB: Elijah Wagner (Bosse)

RB: Antonio Harris (Castle)

WR: Hayden Summers (Reitz), Tizhaun Tomlinson (Bosse), Luke Ellspermann (Mem.)

Hybrid: Roland Vera Jr. (Reitz)

OL: Quentin Boeke (Reitz), Ethan Goodin (MD), Timmy Dixon (North), Daniel Nash (VL), Aiden Waller (Mem.)

K: Keifer Sanderson (Reitz)

Put Wagner at RB and healthy Fisher at QB and the only team that can beat them is GS with 2 Ditkas.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Not sure how I feel about this. I know Jasper will do things right, but man a lot of history there. Some fond memories there, always loved Coach Brewer stopping in the locker room before the game working us lol. 

What is the plan for the new upgraded? 

As someone who remembers watching Memorial & Jasper going at it in various sports since 1977, I take great pride in knowing my Tigers christened Jasper's new turf in 2017 with an 18-7 W and closed the casket on old Alumni Stadium with a 17-14 win this past weekend. Congrats to Jasper for what will be an awesome upgrade. I can't wait to see it next August.

https://schmidt-arch.com/schmidt-associates-creates-hype-around-jasper-alumni-stadium-project/#:~:text=It will include a new,have presented a significant challenge.

1 hour ago, Cappy said:

I'm confident Jasper will do this right, and have extremely nice stadium after the update.

Yep, those pictures look pretty incredible. As long as they put AC in the visitor's locker room we will be happy. I wonder if they are selling seat licenses for the primo seats. And I'm serious.. 

3 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

FINALS

42-21 Bloomington South over North

47-7 East Central over Memorial

That concludes the season in the SIAC, onwards to 2024!

If EC wasn't going to get bumped after winning 4A again, I would say we should voluntarily bump to 5A...

Edited by tango
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, tango said:

Not sure how I feel about the coach of a 3-7 team getting COY. In contrast, I fully agree Wagner deserved POY because he did more for his team than any other player.  You take him away and Bosse probably doesn't win a game.

I agree. Major props to Coach Mullen for getting that program in the right direction. Deserves praise. But they won 3 games. And they won those 3 games because of the POY. I think it makes the most sense to give COY to Coach Brunson (repeat undefeated conference champ) or Coach Hurley (successful season despite losing QB1).

Wagner was a starter last year. No one knew who he was. When we played Bosse they had 25 in pads, Reitz had close to 70. They were our closest regular season game. Maybe the growth of Wagner, plus the competitiveness of the Bulldogs with such small #’s played a part. Other SIAC coaches vote on this. Debatable sure, but not insane. 

Just now, Evansville50 said:

Wagner was a starter last year. No one knew who he was. When we played Bosse they had 25 in pads, Reitz had close to 70. They were our closest regular season game. Maybe the growth of Wagner, plus the competitiveness of the Bulldogs with such small #’s played a part. Other SIAC coaches vote on this. Debatable sure, but not insane. 

Plus our coach lost again with better talent in the playoffs when it mattered. 

6 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

I think it makes the most sense to give COY to Coach Brunson (repeat undefeated conference champ) or Coach Hurley (successful season despite losing QB1).

Not sure when the vote occurs, but giving COY to Brunson with the number of players Reitz has on the all-whatever teams, but still keeping the "No Wins in November" streak alive on the Hill seems a little hollow. I'm biased, but Hurley winning a 7th Sectional in 8 years (4 in 4A with a sub-600 enrollment school) after losing the best QB within 100 miles seems more appropriate to me, but I also realize some folks falsely think all it takes is writing a check...

9 hours ago, tango said:

Not sure how I feel about the coach of a 3-7 team getting COY. In contrast, I fully agree Wagner deserved POY because he did more for his team than any other player.  You take him away and Bosse probably doesn't win a game.

I have coached other sports. Some of my best coaching results have been with very untalented teams. If you have talent you can rack up wins while doing a poor job of coaching. To win or even be competitive when you have a team low in numbers and talent overall takes some real coaching. 

16 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

I agree. Major props to Coach Mullen for getting that program in the right direction. Deserves praise. But they won 3 games. And they won those 3 games because of the POY. I think it makes the most sense to give COY to Coach Brunson (repeat undefeated conference champ) or Coach Hurley (successful season despite losing QB1).

Give Bosse coaching staff the talent Reitz has, they’ll still be playing. Can’t give coach of the year to someone who has all those transfers and can’t win when it matters. Now Hurley, I agree with.