Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Harbaugh’s Hands Caught in Cookie Jar

Bash Riprock

On 10/28/2023 at 6:44 PM, temptation said:

2015:  Harbaugh was not coming to Michigan. No way. He was going to stay in the NFL and go to Oakland.

MSM:  wrong

Don't remember that one, but if you say so sure

2020:  Michigan is working on firing Harbaugh, and has a potential list of replacements due to the 2-4 COVID season…

He took a serious paycut just to stay employed at Michigan

2022:  Harbaugh to the Vikings is basically a done deal.

That wasn't the narrative. Harbaugh treated the Vikings interview as if he had already been given the job and the interview was a mere formality. This turned off Viking execs and he was passed over. 

2023:  the sign stealing scandal is the worst thing to happen to college football since SMU, Michigan is a lone wolf in doing this and will get hammered.

Stay tuned.

I'm not sure how this is going to play out but he's a walking putz that can't seem to stay out of his own way. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Don't remember that one, but if you say so sure

He took a serious paycut just to stay employed at Michigan

That wasn't the narrative. Harbaugh treated the Vikings interview as if he had already been given the job and the interview was a mere formality. This turned off Viking execs and he was passed over. 

I'm not sure how this is going to play out but he's a walking putz that can't seem to stay out of his own way. 

1.  The plane was on the tarmac to Ann Arbor for him to be announced as the HC of Michigan and ESPN was still reporting that "Oakland was still in play."

2.  He did take a pay cut but that is neither here nor there.

3.  Once again that was irresponsible journalism and the national narrative was wrong.  He was MUCH closer to taking the Denver job than Minnesota.

4.  A "walking putz" who has won at both levels and that 125+ FBS schools would trade their current HC for in a heart beat.

Edited by temptation

1 minute ago, temptation said:

3.  Once again that was irresponsible journalism and the national narrative was wrong.  He was MUCH closer to taking the Denver job than Minnesota.

You sure about that? Local writers sure seemed to think he was taking the Minnesota job, and in fact wrote that he had already taken it lol. They named Matt Rhule as a potential successor. 

https://www.on3.com/teams/michigan-wolverines/news/jim-harbaugh-plans-to-sign-with-the-minnesota-vikings/

4 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

You sure about that? Local writers sure seemed to think he was taking the Minnesota job, and in fact wrote that he had already taken it lol. They named Matt Rhule as a potential successor. 

https://www.on3.com/teams/michigan-wolverines/news/jim-harbaugh-plans-to-sign-with-the-minnesota-vikings/

Positive.

On3 is well behind 247 on these types of things.

Balas bats well under 50% on these things.

Edited by temptation

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Balas is the one who broke the news that Michigan was hiring Harbaugh in the first place lol. 

False again.

Sam Webb and John Bacon are the only reliable Michigan insiders in the business.

You are losing badly here and seem to have an unhealthy obsession with the “putz” and his program.

Edited by temptation

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

False again.

Sam Webb and John Bacon are the only reliable Michigan insiders in the business.

You are losing badly here and seem to have an unhealthy obsession with the “putz” and his program.

The "only reliable insiders in the business" lol

Sam Webb sure seemed to think he was gone too

It's ok to admit it wasn't the national media driving this narrative. Had Harbaugh not botched his interview with the Vikings, he'd be in Minnesota right now. 

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/article/michigan-football-jim-harbaugh-gets-final-in-person-interview-with-minnesota-vikings-wednesday-182046538/

"Because of the narrative about Harbaugh being difficult to work with. In this instance that isn’t just sentiment from around the league. There is a minority stakeholder in the Vikings with strong Michigan ties who has been adamant in expressing the view that one of the other candidates would be a better choice. Ordinarily a minority stakeholder’s view would carry the weight of his or her stake (and that will probably be the case here). But because this stakeholder is speaking from an informed perspective and amplifying a prevalent narrative, countering that sentiment is important. If Wednesday’s interview achieves that, it’d be a surprise if Harbaugh walked away without an offer.

And if that offer is extended, it’s all over but the shouting."

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

The "only reliable insiders in the business" lol

Sam Webb sure seemed to think he was gone too

It's ok to admit it wasn't the national media driving this narrative. Had Harbaugh not botched his interview with the Vikings, he'd be in Minnesota right now. 

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/article/michigan-football-jim-harbaugh-gets-final-in-person-interview-with-minnesota-vikings-wednesday-182046538/

"Because of the narrative about Harbaugh being difficult to work with. In this instance that isn’t just sentiment from around the league. There is a minority stakeholder in the Vikings with strong Michigan ties who has been adamant in expressing the view that one of the other candidates would be a better choice. Ordinarily a minority stakeholder’s view would carry the weight of his or her stake (and that will probably be the case here). But because this stakeholder is speaking from an informed perspective and amplifying a prevalent narrative, countering that sentiment is important. If Wednesday’s interview achieves that, it’d be a surprise if Harbaugh walked away without an offer.

And if that offer is extended, it’s all over but the shouting."

You’re catching up…the minority stakeholder has skin in the game on this current investigation too…keep digging.

You’ve already shifted from “Harbaugh treated the interview like he already had the job” lol.

That’s different from “being difficult to work with.”

He met with Denver TWICE and THEY came to him.

Not bad for a “putz” huh?

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

You’re catching up…the minority stakeholder has skin in the game on this current investigation too…keep digging.

You’ve already shifted from “Harbaugh treated the interview like he already had the job” lol.

That’s different from “being difficult to work with.”

He met with Denver TWICE and THEY came to him.

Not bad for a “putz” huh?

He's a good coach with a blatant disregard for the rules set forth by the NCAA to the point he doesn't even try and hide it. He can be a good coach and a putz at the same time, they aren't mutually exclusive in this instance. 

And I haven't changed my stance, you've pumped out some narrative that only the national media was driving Harbaugh to the Vikings and the local media had it right all along. I've given you two examples in two posts where two local UM writers suggested he was leaving.

Edited by Footballking16

9 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

He's a good coach with a blatant disregard for the rules set forth by the NCAA to the point he doesn't even try and hide it. He can be a good coach and a putz at the same time, they aren't mutually exclusive in this instance. 

And I haven't changed my stance, you've pumped out some narrative that only the national media was driving Harbaugh to the Vikings and the local media had it right all along. I've given you two examples in two posts where two local UM writers suggested he was leaving.

Lets allow the investigation(s) to play out before we drag him through the mud here.  Sure I am biased but this latest story is sensationalized and dripping out slowly for clicks.  The timing of it and the story behind the PI firm is interesting.  Harbaugh has a history of bending the rules to the farthest point possible and taking it right up to the line.  The program has likely crossed it with these latest allegation but let's wait and see.

You stated "he treated the interview like he already had the job."  I replied with that as false and said he was closer to taking the Denver job.  That interview process was much more closed and behind the scenes as it was playing out and the facts came out later.

The guy gets clicks as he is truly a love him or hate him type of polarizing character.  But you don't win at every level and turn programs around like he has it you are a "putz."

Edited by temptation

The guy gets clicks as he is truly a love him or hate him type of polarizing character.  But you don't win at every level and turn programs around like he has it you are a "putz."

Blatantly breaking NCAA rules while you're already under NCAA investigation (for breaking a different set of rules) is in fact the very definition of a putz. 

43 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Sending a staffer to multiple away games to video tape future opponents call signals is a blatant NCAA violation.

C'mon Temp

Didn't send a staffer...

If it's blatant then we should expect the harshest punishment (vacating wins, post season ban) correct?

Side note, anyone watch the OSU/Wisconsin game the other night and it seemed every damn time the Wisconsin sideline held up the photo of an airplane it ended up being a pass play?  

Edited by temptation

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

Didn't send a staffer...

If it's blatant then we should expect the harshest punishment (vacating wins, post season ban) correct?

Side note, anyone watch the OSU/Wisconsin game the other night and it seemed every damn time the Wisconsin sideline held up the photo of an airplane it ended up being a pass play?  

Ok a paid staffer bought tickets under his own name and sent associates to do his dirty work. 

Let me guess, Harbaugh had no clue this was going on?

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Ok a paid staffer bought tickets under his own name and sent associates to do his dirty work. 

Let me guess, Harbaugh had no clue this was going on?

We will find out won't we?  As I said, if this infraction is as egregious as you are claiming then expect the NCAA to drop the hammer. 

I have my doubts they will.

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

We will find out won't we?  As I said, if this infraction is as egregious as you are claiming then expect the NCAA to drop the hammer. 

I have my doubts they will.

Probably going to depend on his cooperation and the fallout from the other investigation. The NCAA doesn't like when you become habitual. 

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Probably going to depend on his cooperation and the fallout from the other investigation. The NCAA doesn't like when you become habitual. 

Just out of curiosity, how much of a competitive advantage do you believe this sign stealing "scandal" provided for Michigan?

Just out of curiosity, how much of a competitive advantage do you believe this sign stealing "scandal" provided for Michigan?

Probably the same advantage Spygate gave the Patriots. If you're that good, why blatantly cheat? And if you're going to cheat, at least cover your ass. 

Just now, temptation said:

So, reading between the lines, "minimal?"

Why does that matter lol? If one team sends personnel to scout the other teams signals (by breaking the rules) and that teams opponent doesn't you tell me who has the upper hand? Let me guess, what the Astros did was no big deal either?