Total Yards: 315.1 YPG
Passing: 28.1 YPG/ 38.6 CP%/ 14.88 YPC
Rushing: 289.8 YPG/ 6.87 YPC 
Defense: 20.6 PPG
Total Yards: 295.6 YPG
Passing: 154.2 YPG/ 56.0 CP%/ 12.64 YPC
Rushing: 141.4 YPG/ 5.01 YPC 

Preview 

No matter what time of year it is, this game is always fun to tune into. Both teams trade punches each and every season and the teams are way different in the postseason. Memorial started off the year hot but has struggled a bit losing their QB1 after Week 4, and has gone through 3 different quarterbacks in the last 6 weeks. Jasper, on the other hand, has been a very hot team so far winning 6 of their last 7 games. And has scored multiple 30+ points in most of their games. Memorial did beat Jasper, 30-13, but these 2 teams are a lot different since Week 1.

North (7-3) (6-3 SIAC) 

Offense: 31.3 PPG
Total Yards: 345.8 YPG
Passing: 139.3 YPG/ 53.9 CP%/ 14.09 YPC
Rushing: 206.4 YPG/ 5.88 YPC
Defense: 13.1 PPG
Total Yards: 212.7 YPG
Passing: 113.6 YPG/ 51.9 CP%/ 9.55 YPC
Rushing: 99.1 YPG/ 3.58 YPC 

Floyd Central (8-1) (6-0 HHC)
Offense: 34.7 PPG
Total Yards: 368.8 YPG
Passing: 162.6 YPG/ 59.5 CP%/ 16.6 YPC
Rushing: 206.2 YPG/ 6.7 YPC
Defense: 23.4 PPG
Total Yards: 280.4 YPG
Passing: 184.8 YPG/ 55.5 CP%/ 13.63 YPC
Rushing: 95.7 YPG/ 4.76 YPC 

Preview 

North is having their best season in a very long time going 6-3 on the season and placing in a 5-way tie for 2nd place in the SIAC. North also had the biggest trenches in the SIAC having an OL average of around  6'3 300 pounds before the season. They also have one of the better running attacks in the SIAC. Floyd Central is also having a very good season going 8-1 on the year and winning the Hoosier Hills Conference outright. FC also has a pretty explosive offense and a defense that has been improving since Week 4. This will be the first matchup between these 2 schools in over 17 years. North is looking for their first win over FC since 1992.

Castle (6-3) (6-3 SIAC) 
Offense: 35.7 PPG
Total Yards: 341.3 YPG
Passing: 138.8 YPG/ 60.7 CP%/ 15.23 YPC
Rushing: 202.6 YPG/ 6.16 YPC
Defense: 21.6 PPG
Total Yards: 356.3 YPG
Passing: 125.4 YPG/ 61.5 CP%/ 11.76 YPC
Rushing: 230.9 YPG/ 6.22 YPC
New Albany (2-7) (2-4 HHC)
Offense: 13.6 PPG
Total Yards: 212.1 YPG
Passing: 106.9 YPG/ 39.6 CP%/ 16.3 YPC
Rushing: 105.2 YPG/ 3.5 YPC
Defense: 40.1 PPG
Total Yards: 400.4 YPG
Passing: 201.4 YPG/ 62.9 CP%/ 14.93 YPC
Rushing: 199.0 YPG/ 6.13 YPC 

Preview 

Castle travels on over to New Albany to face the New Albany Bulldogs. Castle comes into this sectional as the defending sectional champion with a high-powered offense. New Albany has struggled quite a bit this season on both sides of the ball but did snag a win over Jennings County earlier in the season. Castle has dominated this entire series since 1983 going 19-5 against the Bulldogs.

2 hours ago, littleviking75 said:

I dont think I said anything that wasn't obvious. 

Give me the vikings 41-10, 41-3 before the clock starts running.

OUR year.

Congrats on post #2! Don't let daddy bet the farm...

3 hours ago, GrayingPanther said:

That’s good news.  Some much better than watching North or Memorial streaming, and flipping through the Evansville Courier & Press for a score update - lol.

You'd have seem a lot more games the last 10 years if you had been watching Memorial... More rings and maybe even a boat...

8 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

North (7-3) (6-3 SIAC) 

Offense: 31.3 PPG
Total Yards: 345.8 YPG
Passing: 139.3 YPG/ 53.9 CP%/ 14.09 YPC
Rushing: 206.4 YPG/ 5.88 YPC
Defense: 13.1 PPG
Total Yards: 212.7 YPG
Passing: 113.6 YPG/ 51.9 CP%/ 9.55 YPC
Rushing: 99.1 YPG/ 3.58 YPC 

Floyd Central (8-1) (6-0 HHC)
Offense: 34.7 PPG
Total Yards: 368.8 YPG
Passing: 162.6 YPG/ 59.5 CP%/ 16.6 YPC
Rushing: 206.2 YPG/ 6.7 YPC
Defense: 23.4 PPG
Total Yards: 280.4 YPG
Passing: 184.8 YPG/ 55.5 CP%/ 13.63 YPC
Rushing: 95.7 YPG/ 4.76 YPC 

Preview 

North is having their best season in a very long time going 6-3 on the season and placing in a 5-way tie for 2nd place in the SIAC. North also had the biggest trenches in the SIAC having an OL average of around  6'3 300 pounds before the season. They also have one of the better running attacks in the SIAC. Floyd Central is also having a very good season going 8-1 on the year and winning the Hoosier Hills Conference outright. FC also has a pretty explosive offense and a defense that has been improving since Week 4. This will be the first matchup between these 2 schools in over 17 years. North is looking for their first win over FC since 1992.

This is not accurate. North beat us last year in Evansville. And we beat them up here in 2010.

On 10/25/2023 at 3:16 PM, littleviking75 said:

This is the year!

A really solid group from north posey will prove that mater dei playing a "tough" SIAC schedule means nothing when they have inferior talent at every level. 

North posey has a big o line who can push almost anyone around. Their rushing attack is so dominant on every level- I would bet mater dei has not seen anyone run as hard as Galvin and Stone.

Defensively, held 1 loss Heritage hills who averages 40+ points per game to 10 points. Strong at every level, pass defense is much improved from last season.

mater dei looks soft on the games I have seen on the news. The Vikings will hit every play.

Been looking forward to seeing this team beat mater dei since they started coming together 2 year ago, and really been looking forward to a Poseyville win since 2012!

This is the year!

Back to class junior.

• Haha 2

North Posey @ Mater Dei; Well, game day is finally here and we will soon find out who walks the walk and who just talks...or types, as the case may be...   

For North Posey to win...according to a few posters, all the Vikings need to do is show up.  😂  Their vastly more talented team will wash over the hapless Wildcats and the clock will be full-on, non-stop by 4th quarter...  I have missed less than a handful of Mater Dei games since the early 1900s and I cannot recall MD ever having a running clock put on them.  Maybe one of the local, GID stat masters - Rudy, TigerFan20, et al can correct or affirm that notion for me?

For the "Cats to win...well, to begin with, they have to stop being so darned "soft"...(TIC)  MD's strength is its defense so the D must step up again.  NP boasts a formidable ground attack that must be kept in check.  MD's Achilles heal has always been SPEED and this year is no exception - see Bosse, Castle, etc.  No idea how fast NP is - city fast or country fast - but MD will need to keep their RBs from getting to the edge or breaking up the middle at full speed.  NP's passing game is suspect but that could be because they haven't really needed it this season...at least not yet...

If MD can keep the offense on schedule, with manageable down & distance, they will put points on the board and keep pressure on NP's offense.  Kicker Marx proved a valuable weapon last week with 3 FGs, giving them an option on 4th and long in the red zone MD has not had all season.  Could this be the difference again tonight?

Some posters say "NP's pass defense is much better" but a quick look at their schedule shows they haven't really played anyone with more than an average passing offense.  Their lone foe with a good passing game was Heritage Hills and the Patriots gave NP their lone "L" on the season.  Could be key tonight.

A high scoring game favors the Vikings, IMO.  If MD can keep the game in the twenties, I give the nod to Wildcats.

My admittedly 'Homer' prediction is "The Streak" survives for one more year, MD 24 - 21.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

I cannot recall MD ever having a running clock put on them.  Maybe one of the local, GID stat masters - Rudy, TigerFan20, et al can correct or affirm that notion for me?

Last year had a very late running clock in the 4Q in the sectional championship. I think there was like 3-4 minutes left in the game after the 5th TD. 

Just my 2 cents and then back to my hole I'll climb - (we've got our own issues tonight with the Pats) - but I would be SHOCKED if NP doesn't beat the Wildcats tonight. They are not your typical NP...they are legit good. 

Comparing scores can be dangerous, but just as a reminder- NP running clocked TC by the 3rd quarter. 

Good luck to all area teams tonight - minus the Patriots lol...

Just now, TigerFan20 said:

Last year had a very late running clock in the 4Q in the sectional championship. I think there was like 3-4 minutes left in the game after the 5th TD. 

Thanks, I mean a running clock against MD not for them...that certainly did not happen last year.  There have been several games where MD has put a running clock on their opponent but I do not recall anyone putting a running clock on the Wildcats...but my memory isn't what is used to be...👴

1 minute ago, MDAlum82 said:

Thanks, I mean a running clock against MD not for them...that certainly did not happen last year.  There have been several games where MD has put a running clock on their opponent but I do not recall anyone putting a running clock on the Wildcats...but my memory isn't what is used to be...👴

My eyesight is getting worse lol. 

The SIAC Scallion - Serious scores. Satirical sendups.

5A - SECTIONAL 16
North 23 at Floyd Central 28 - Coach Bragg meets Coach Peridaen before the game and the two exchanged pleasantries. The conversation turns to a discussion on how hard it is to convey to other Indiana coaches that Evansville and Floyd’s Knob are in Indiana and not KY -  in fact southern Indiana is still part of Indiana.

Castle 42 at New Albany 12 - Coach Hurt takes his team to the Romeo Langford Court at the Kevin Hammersmith Memorial Park and gives the team an inspirational speech about actualizing your potential.  

4A - SECTIONAL 24
Reitz 24 at Bedford NL 15 - Panthers arrive early planning to visit a mural in Bedford commemorating the first meeting between Damon Bailey and Bobby Knight at Heltonville Elementary School - only to learn that the mural is an urban legend.

Memorial 29 at Jasper 35- Big Ten expansion runs amuck when Tony Petitti offers both Memorial and Jasper a place in their new BigTenJr. initiative.  Petitti explains the move by enthusiastically chortling, “it’s never too early to teach these kids the value of $7 Billion bucks!”  Games are to be shown on the new BigTenJr And BigTenJr+ platforms.  Mr. Petitti unsurprisingly notes that he expects further brand expansion in the future.

3A - SECTIONAL 30
Pike Central 0 at Vincennes 62 - The Chargers, knowing that  Vincennes sports a 54% winning record all-time and the Chargers win at a 16% clip, turn to AI for five keys on how an underdog can beat a heavy favorite.  AI helpfully suggests:

“Five keys for an underdog high school football team: Study the opponent, develop a balanced game plan, maintain readiness, minimize mistakes, and capitalize on opportunities.”

2A - SECTIONAL 40
North Posey 33 at Mater Dei 16 - Coach Goebel looks to upset the Vikings at home, in his ongoing effort to prevent Mater Dei from hiring a fifth head football coach.  Oddly, if form holds the next coach would have the surname “Will.”
Edited by GrayingPanther
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

😂

Some posters say "NP's pass defense is much better" but a quick look at their schedule shows they haven't really played anyone with more than an average passing offense.  Their lone foe with a good passing game was Heritage Hills and the Patriots gave NP their lone "L" on the season.  Could be key tonight.

Heritage Hills has a good passing game??

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

North Posey @ Mater Dei; Well, game day is finally here and we will soon find out who walks the walk and who just talks...or types, as the case may be...   

For North Posey to win...according to a few posters, all the Vikings need to do is show up.  😂  Their vastly more talented team will wash over the hapless Wildcats and the clock will be full-on, non-stop by 4th quarter...  I have missed less than a handful of Mater Dei games since the early 1900s and I cannot recall MD ever having a running clock put on them.  Maybe one of the local, GID stat masters - Rudy, TigerFan20, et al can correct or affirm that notion for me?

For the "Cats to win...well, to begin with, they have to stop being so darned "soft"...(TIC)  MD's strength is its defense so the D must step up again.  NP boasts a formidable ground attack that must be kept in check.  MD's Achilles heal has always been SPEED and this year is no exception - see Bosse, Castle, etc.  No idea how fast NP is - city fast or country fast - but MD will need to keep their RBs from getting to the edge or breaking up the middle at full speed.  NP's passing game is suspect but that could be because they haven't really needed it this season...at least not yet...

If MD can keep the offense on schedule, with manageable down & distance, they will put points on the board and keep pressure on NP's offense.  Kicker Marx proved a valuable weapon last week with 3 FGs, giving them an option on 4th and long in the red zone MD has not had all season.  Could this be the difference again tonight?

A high scoring game favors the Vikings, IMO.  If MD can keep the game in the twenties, I give the nod to Wildcats.

My admittedly 'Homer' prediction is "The Streak" survives for one more year, MD 24 - 21.  

2 hours until you realize