Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Press box catches fire at Frankfort football field

Statement released yesterday:

Community Schools of Frankfort and Frankfort Fire Department
Joint Press Release:

The fire that occurred at the Frankfort High School football field's press box on the night of Tuesday, October 31, 2023, has been officially determined to be accidental, caused by an original electrical issue, following a thorough investigation by the Frankfort Fire Department and NEFCO Insurance Investigators.
With this ruling, the Community Schools of Frankfort can now move forward with plans to demolish the damaged press box and construct a new facility in its place. The Community Schools of Frankfort is committed to providing a safe experience for the Frankfort students, staff, and community members when attending events at the football field.

We are thankful for the firefighters’ quick response in handling the fire and that no one was harmed. Additional thanks to the Frankfort Fire Department, NEFCO, and the community for their support and patience as we have responded to this matter.

Dr. Matt Rhoda
Superintendent
Community Schools of Frankfort

Matt Stidham
Fire Chief
Frankfort Fire Department
Edited by Muda69
  • Thanks 1

Probably my most hated press box in all of my years of coaching.  The PA speaker was located right next to the visitors coaches box.  And it blared in your ear time entire game.  The windows were always dirty.  Sad I’ll never see the new one.  RIP crappy Frankfort press box.  However, I will miss the Frankfort announcer who I believe is retiring after this year.  Not hearing his voice at Case Arena will be different.  You got his name Muda?

23 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Mudas needs to retract his arson statement. I swear to God he does

I never said it definitely was arson, only speculation on my part.  Therefore there is nothing to retract.   

Besides, that is if you actually agree with the findings of the Fire Department and insurance company.

On 11/7/2023 at 10:25 PM, superjay said:

Probably my most hated press box in all of my years of coaching.  The PA speaker was located right next to the visitors coaches box.  And it blared in your ear time entire game.  The windows were always dirty.  Sad I’ll never see the new one.  RIP crappy Frankfort press box.  However, I will miss the Frankfort announcer who I believe is retiring after this year.  Not hearing his voice at Case Arena will be different.  You got his name Muda?

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

I never said it definitely was arson, only speculation on my part.  Therefore there is nothing to retract.   

Besides, that is if you actually agree with the findings of the Fire Department and insurance company.

Agree with SuperJay here... and Fire Dept and Insurance Company... As soon as I saw it on the news, I said electrical.  If you've been in the top of it, you would certainly understand.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Are you insinuating that you are the culprit? That's what I can speculate. I swear to god I can. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Why would a fire man lie about a press box fire?

25 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Why would a fire man lie about a press box fire?

I thought you lived in a small town? 

38 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Are you insinuating that you are the culprit? That's what I can speculate. I swear to god I can. 

No, but I may insinuate that you are the culprit.  🙂

44 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Agree with SuperJay here... and Fire Dept and Insurance Company... As soon as I saw it on the news, I said electrical.  If you've been in the top of it, you would certainly understand.

Well now FHS will get a nice, fancy, professionally built press box with A/C, an elevator, and probably a mini-bar.  It will match their fancy-dancy LED field lights that they flash in blue and white whenever the Hot Dogs score.  Of course they don't get used much.......................

6 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Well now FHS will get a nice, fancy, professionally built press box with A/C, an elevator, and probably a mini-bar.  It will match their fancy-dancy LED field lights that they flash in blue and white whenever the Hot Dogs score.  Of course they don't get used much.......................

Those LED lights are far more efficient and less costly over time.

18 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

fancy-dancy LED field lights that they flash in blue and white whenever the Hot Dogs score.

Just curious. At some places that have the flashing lights I’ve seen notices posted reassuring people that the lights are designed so that they are not a threat to trigger people with seizure disorders. Frankfort have anything like that?

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Just curious. At some places that have the flashing lights I’ve seen notices posted reassuring people that the lights are designed so that they are not a threat to trigger people with seizure disorders. Frankfort have anything like that?

Not that I have ever seen.

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

Organizing a class-action?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

I think I saw it at McCutcheon this year.

The game at McCutcheon that I attended this season had some light activity between the halves when the teams returned to the field and they announced over the PA system that, while there would be a strobing/flickering effect, the lights would not be acting at a level that would impact people who might have maladies that might be triggered by a certain level of flickering.

• Like 1