Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 1A Tournament Predictions

On 11/6/2023 at 3:20 PM, Whitehat said:

I am Sheridan’s #1 fan this week because I want to listen to Daniel Bragg’s play-by-play commentary next week

I tried to be impartial when I first started broadcasting.  People asked why, since I obviously follow Sheridan Athletics.  However, if I am blessed enough to broadcast a Semi-state matchup of Sheridan and Lutheran, I will make every effort to be as impartial as possible.  I respect the teams and players.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 8:41 AM, kdets89 said:

Each of the 4 regional games this weekend is a rematch from last year.  When was the last time that happened, and will the results be the same?

Harrell Predictions:

North Judson over Park Tudor, 35-28:  Was D.J. Gordon available for this game last year?  Can North Judson shut him down this year?

Adams Central over Carroll, 31-24:  What does Carroll have to do to pull off the upset?

Sheridan over North Decatur, 31-24:  Only prediction I disagree with.  Game is at Sheridan, so if you're traveling from Greensburg, make sure all your taillights work, your license plate is current and keep it under the speed limit once you hit the Sheridan line.

Lutheran over Providence, 38-24:  Providence is having a great year, but has their schedule prepared them for the Saints?

3 of the 4 games last year were blow outs(running clocks). I am hopeful the predictions are correct and we have 4 competitive games.
Providence, Park Tudor and Carroll may not win again this year, but I do think they all avoid the running clock they all endured last year; I think all 3 could even make these games close! I think at least 1 of them can get it done.
Sheridan/ND game is a toss-up on paper. All make for more exciting regional games for all.

On 11/7/2023 at 1:50 PM, littledog said:

@FlyingHigh I don't follow rosters much, especially ones that are pretty far away from Judson but does AC return a lot from the previous year? Do you think this team is better than the 2 previous years and the one that finally takes down Lutheran?

FlyingHigh didnt respond, but they lost 5 seniors one being the QB but the next man in filled the slot perfectly. I think the offense is not as explosive but the defense especially the secondary is much improved from last year. Beat Lutheran? probably not but possible. will be similar to the first matchup than the last

• Like 1

So another low scoring 1 score win by Lutheran from what I saw posted. What's the story on the Saints? Sandbagging to keep their guys in shape all 4 quarters? Opponents really good & surviving? Beginning of the year they were hammering great teams. I suspect a lot of saving it up for the big game.

31 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

So another low scoring 1 score win by Lutheran from what I saw posted. What's the story on the Saints? Sandbagging to keep their guys in shape all 4 quarters? Opponents really good & surviving? Beginning of the year they were hammering great teams. I suspect a lot of saving it up for the big game.

Providence was just the 2nd best team in 1A

31 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

No... something is wrong at Luthern... Harrels shows them not playing 2 games in Oct??  They look like they're on their way out da door...... this is the Jets yr.... jmho

10 minutes ago, Whitehat said:

Providence was just the 2nd best team in 1A

Watched Providence last week against Valley. Good team. Good skill guys. Thought it be close but Lutheran pulling away in 2nd half. Surprised it was do low scoring tho. My guess was around 38-20. 

9 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Watched Providence last week against Valley. Good team. Good skill guys. Thought it be close but Lutheran pulling away in 2nd half. Surprised it was do low scoring tho. My guess was around 38-20. 

Very physical, big, very well coached. Quarterback made a few perfect throws under pressure.

34 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

No... something is wrong at Luthern... Harrels shows them not playing 2 games in Oct??  They look like they're on their way out da door...... this is the Jets yr.... jmho

We aren't falling for that. Have to get past the Blue Jays once again before entertaining that.

2 hours ago, 260AC said:

pessimistic

I know you are pessimistic but please... no chance

Well big daddy, its ur turn to host.  Which gas station has the best chicken?  Which waterin hole is frequented by single moms with the names of Heather, Amber, or Jennifer? How’s the blacktop out der?  I plan on roasting muh tires.  Cya in a week.  

11 hours ago, 260AC said:

pessimistic

I know you are pessimistic but please... no chance

Just respecting the next opponent and taking it 1 week at a time. Ask SA about 2019 or even us at Semi State in 03.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Maybe some 1A south teams are better than they get credit for. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Possibly so. Why I asked opponents really good part. Just seeing Lutheran hammer Triton Central & others early, it appeared they'd stomp all of 1A & maybe 2A. Just curious if injuries or something happened. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

Could b the case... at any rate it's the 2 everyone thout would be ther... joined by 2 others with strong traditions.... I notice SAG is also seeing weakness in Luthern... and has the Jets at #1 for the 1st time this year.... hmmmm

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Could b the case... at any rate it's the 2 everyone thout would be ther... joined by 2 others with strong traditions.... I notice SAG is also seeing weakness in Luthern... and has the Jets at #1 for the 1st time this year.... hmmmm

It’s a solid final 4. I swear to God it is 

On 7/27/2023 at 5:23 PM, kdets89 said:

My way too early picks:

1) Adams Central - 3rd time is a charm for the Jets.  They head into 2A with a blue ring.

2) Providence - South sleeper.  Young team in '22 bounced by Lutheran in the regional.  They avenge that loss in '23 in what will be considered an upset, but really isn't.

3) Lutheran - Name a single 1A/2A team in the last 20 years that graduated 15 seniors and were as good the following year.  I can't either.

4) South Putnam - Strong program, but won't make it through a tough sectional.

5) North Judson San Pierre - Advance based on returning experience, despite losing a lot to graduation.

6) North Decatur - See above.  I think they would have won it all had they made it past Lutheran in semi-state.

7) Carroll (Flora) - Someone has to win sectional 43.

8 ) Sheridan - Someone has to win sectional 45.

9) South Adams - Gets beat twice by big brother.  Again.

10) Milan - Not much size, but scrappy.

North:  AC over NJSP

South: Providence over North Decatur

State:  AC over Providence

I'm sticking to my top 4 preseason ranking from July.  Might juggle the top 3 a little.

1 minute ago, Ballhawk said:

Based off watching the games last night, I was very impressed with AC.  They will be a hard out for anyone left in 1A, including Lutheran.

Played great on defense and certain plays on offense. Others on offense we didn't execute very well, but mostly because Carroll was going to make sure they overplayed them.

3 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Played great on defense and certain plays on offense. Others on offense we didn't execute very well, but mostly because Carroll was going to make sure they overplayed them.

I thought that both sides looked equally impressive. At this point in the tournament, we shouldn't expect a running clock to begin every 2nd half. Considering Carroll was the top scoring defense in the state (regardless of the weak SOS), I'd say the Jets did a solid job. The only thing that I was disappointed in was settling for 3 before halftime after 3 failed attempts from the 5. Hard to argue with 200 rushing yards from Bluhm and 128 passing yards from Hamilton against the Cougar defense. I'd say that Carroll's ability to get down into the AC redzone a time or two kept the Jets from reaching the running clock. Defense played great, so don't hear what I'm not saying. Total team effort and one of the best complete games that I've seen out of our guys for awhile.

Go Jets and I can't wait to see the town of Monroe enjoy hosting a semistate after 2 straight years of making the trip to North Judson. 

8 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

I thought that both sides looked equally impressive. At this point in the tournament, we shouldn't expect a running clock to begin every 2nd half. Considering Carroll was the top scoring defense in the state (regardless of the weak SOS), I'd say the Jets did a solid job. The only thing that I was disappointed in was settling for 3 before halftime after 3 failed attempts from the 5. Hard to argue with 200 rushing yards from Bluhm and 128 passing yards from Hamilton against the Cougar defense. I'd say that Carroll's ability to get down into the AC redzone a time or two kept the Jets from reaching the running clock. Defense played great, so don't hear what I'm not saying. Total team effort and one of the best complete games that I've seen out of our guys for awhile.

Go Jets and I can't wait to see the town of Monroe enjoy hosting a semistate after 2 straight years of making the trip to North Judson. 

Our wings didn't have as good of a night, outside Tester having a big gain. That was mostly due to Carroll playing it that way. They (Carroll) wanted & thought they could go toe to toe on the interior of the line. Bluhm stepped up and made them pay. I'm ready for the Jets to play on Friday and would love to see them execute & make a third straight trip to Lucas Oil. Just like watching Bellmont's volleyball team going to 3 straight finals and if the Jets win, a 4th straight trip for Adams County to the 1A football state finals as South Adams started the trend in 2020. Go Jets!

North Judson's results have been weird this year. Competed really well with Knox who is playing for a chance to represent the 3A North at LOS. Lost to Culver Academy who doesn't look like they were very special this year. Lost to Triton big and then turned around and smoked them in sectional. I'm assuming they have dealt with some injuries??? It's hard to compare seasons, but the losses this year were wins last year with the exception of Laville. 

25 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

North Judson's results have been weird this year. Competed really well with Knox who is playing for a chance to represent the 3A North at LOS. Lost to Culver Academy who doesn't look like they were very special this year. Lost to Triton big and then turned around and smoked them in sectional. I'm assuming they have dealt with some injuries??? It's hard to compare seasons, but the losses this year were wins last year with the exception of Laville. 

They are the reincarnation of Southern Wells of the 05 & 06 seasons from watching them.