Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ben Davis vs. Cathedral at UIndy

18 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

This should be a good one.  The Irish are underdogs according to most "experts" but we shall see what happens Friday night.

I hope the Irish win, but only 4 teams have won 6A.  Warren Central, Ben Davis, Center Grove and Carmel.  Its probably time for Ben Davis to win state again.

6 hours ago, Tippy said:

I hope the Irish win, but only 4 teams have won 6A.  Warren Central, Ben Davis, Center Grove and Carmel.  Its probably time for Ben Davis to win state again.

Don't let that distract you from the fact that the MIC is dead and HCC is the number one conference

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

Don't let that distract you from the fact that the MIC is dead and HCC is the number one conference

Well the HCC does still have 2 teams still alive that are contenders in Westfield and Hamilton Southeastern. Brownsburg did have Ben Davis on the ropes and stumbled.

As for this game Ben Davis presents a lot of major challenges/obstacles for Cathedral both defensively and offensively. Ben Davis has also won the past 14 against Cathedral. The Irish haven't beaten the Giants since 1987, they were close between 2011-2013. They will have to play a terrific game to have a shot.

image.png.8e373841d97ccf9ae767d3eb9498fe7a.png

Edited by FastpacedO

From past experience, I hated playing games at UIndy…..nothing against the school, but the college uprights and hashmarks could make a difference, especially with a team maybe needing a FG to tie or win. I have not been there in a long time but does UIndy still have really small visitors’ bleachers? The 07 Semi State game there was a nightmare because of that; for a number of reasons. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Well the HCC does still have 2 teams still alive that are contenders in Westfield and Hamilton Southeastern. Brownsburg did have Ben Davis on the ropes and stumbled.

As for this game Ben Davis presents a lot of major challenges/obstacles for Cathedral both defensively and offensively. Ben Davis has also won the past 14 against Cathedral. The Irish haven't beaten the Giants since 1987, they were close between 2011-2013. They will have to play a terrific game to have a shot.

image.png.8e373841d97ccf9ae767d3eb9498fe7a.png

That 2011 game was notable because it went to OT. Coach Streiff went for the win, and the Giants stuffed them at the half yard line. I believe Antonio Allen made the initial hit.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Wonder if MIC slappies will take some sort of credit if CG hoists the trophy again...where are they all at by the way?

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Of course you don’t…because it means more trophies in BD’s case, lol.

You asked the question, I answered. 

--MIC Slappie

Camel and CG dominated the MIC in 80% of IHSAA sanctioned sports…now we have MIC schools playing them independently so they can claim mythical conference championships to feel all warm and fuzzy about themselves..:

I remember when the MIC schools were the bullies and not victims.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

image.png.e0aa00a159051056ad201fed2996d230.png

Leave it to Temp to hijack a thread about Ben Davis and Cathedral to cry about his MIC agenda. I remember when temp was the bully and not the vic...

Same way you created an "HCC is overrated thread" on Harrell to brag about Ben Davis, lol...

Edited by temptation

45 minutes ago, temptation said:

Same way you created an "HCC is overrated thread" on Harrell to brag about Ben Davis, lol...

I'm not even active on Harrell. I haven't been active on Harrell's message boards since the advent of Twitter. I'm there as johnnystir. Besides, I would never post anything like that. That's not who I am. 

Edited by BDGiant93

1 minute ago, temptation said:

My bad.

After you posted, I logged in and saw the thread. I disagree with the premise. The HCC is the best high school conference in Indiana, top to bottom. If BD doesn't make that comeback, things look markedly different for the MIC.

• Like 1