Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NLC - 2023 Season

NWood NRidge will have 2 teams that have faced off before that I think will both be very different than their first meeting. I know NRidge was missing their star RB and NWood was missing an important piece of their line. The Panthers swapping Perry for Edmond at RB has put more physicality in the backfield and more speed and quickness on the edge. I dont know if it’s the lack of competition since Mishawaka but Northwood has put a lot more emphasis on the run game than earlier this season when they were throwing 75% of the time. Part of why they blew a 2 score 4th quarter lead in the first matchup with the Raiders was relying on Roeder to try and throw them down the field and the 3 picks lead to their downfall that night.  If they are able to establish a running game I foresee good results for the Panthers. If not then I see more turnovers and the Raiders to continue their dominance of the rivalry. 

On 10/30/2023 at 9:14 AM, 00NWP said:

Warsaw and Penn should be a great game.  If Warsaw plays like they did last Friday...watch out Penn.  I watched the Penn / Mishawaka game and after Mishawaka's first drive, Penn figured out how to stop said "Bart Ball" and controlled the remainder of the game.  I really like Warsaw in this game, but playing at Penn...Warsaw is a great place to watch a game and their fans always show up...but they don't travel as well as some of the other NLC teams.  With that said...I'm going to say Warsaw gets the offense rolling early and wins a close game. Warsaw 21 Penn 17

This aged well

3 hours ago, NLCfan2005 said:

Congrats to Penn and NorthWood on sectional championships! A little surprised by the Penn/Warsaw score. NorthWood/Northridge was a classic. Odd, but true: both teams are 0-3 @ home the past 3 years.

The TESTOSTERONE of specific players was an issue!   Trust me, we don't like "face time"  

But a FANTASTIC HS Football game on both sides.  

Congratulations to the NLC, I was impressed by the fans, players, and the atmosphere of the Sectional Championship Game.  

Truly what IHSAA FB is all about.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BDOOM said:

Northridge players are trash they were out there dropping n-bombs all over the place just disgraceful. Blame your coaches for not being more prepared for a team that was ready to just give you the game with 12+ penalties, dropped passes and touchdowns and then NR kicks onside gives us short field...takes the penalty on the 2 point try instead of gettin good field position for your last drive on the kickoff then completely gives up on your last drive not using timeouts...for you to post that pic on here your just as bad as them not surprising though your NR alum have fun talking shit 😘😘😘😘

So you were on the field and heard that being said?  Didn't think so.  But congrats on the win.

I'm not blaming anyone but Northridge for the loss, they should've done better.  However people need to see the tactics used and can form their own opinions on the matter. 

Not one time did you deny that the video was turned in 4+ months after someone from Northwood obtained it and held on to it to only release it on the Thursday before sectional championship.

The picture posted was from a public social media page, and trust me, there are far worse where that came from.

• Like 2

As for the accusations made, based on the timing of the tape’s release it is likely that it was someone within the Northwood orbit.  Now was this someone on the football staff, school administration or a super fan? We may and likely will never know. 

I will say that we have family friends that have kids on the team and the team found out about the day before the game so I don’t think there was any inkling at least from the players end that this was something that was a possibility. 

Word on the “streets” is a certain picture or pictures have been released of certain players from Northwood doing something that is illegal in the state of Indiana. Hope it’s not true as I don’t want the game to be tainted in any way.

7 hours ago, Rocket said:

Word on the “streets” is a certain picture or pictures have been released of certain players from Northwood doing something that is illegal in the state of Indiana. Hope it’s not true as I don’t want the game to be tainted in any way.

That's my fear, that someone's decision to be so petty might result in retaliation of equal or greater impact, unfortunately with social media it's a whole new world out there and things are permanent. 

Worst thing is that regardless of how I feel about what happened to the kids at my school is I'd hate to see it happen to someone else's kids, especially if scholarships are involved. 

I hope it wasn't a member of the team that was involved in this deal.  I have friends involved with the Northwood football family and family from there, I'll guarantee they would feel just as upset as Middlebury was when it was discovered how this went down.

I'd be willing to bet that admin for Wanee and some in the football program would agree with my take and it's not a tit for tat anyone wants to see.

These kids are just that, kids. Now thanks to a few factors, they didn't get to play their last game of their senior year and the general public sadly assumes it was a black and white case of being stupid on their parts. 

Well this thread turned quite quickly....everyone on the GID knows that kids will be kids.  I can guarantee every team in the State of Indiana...and the country...has kids that do things they probably shouldn't. In the age of social media...its just seen in the public eye.  I don't know anyone personally on this thread, but I can speculate each one of you played football or some other sport in your youth.  And I can almost gaurantee each one of you did something in high school that would be looked down on in the sporting world.  We can all agree that Friday's game was a good one.  Someday maybe NorthWood and Northridge will face one another will all of their players available.  Hats off to a great season for Northridge and they...like NorthWood did last year...can use this as a learning experiance for their younger guys.  

Thoughts on the game: NorthWood needs to get their emotions under control.  They need to just play football and leave the "stuff" on the sidelines.  I was suprised at how well they ran the ball against a good Northridge defense.  That is an aspect of the game they needed to improve on.  I was also suprised on Northridge's use...or lack there of...of their timeouts on the last drive.  It will be interesting to see how NW will handle New Prairie's offense. Turnovers killed Northridge in the first half.  Had they had better ball control, i feel like they would have won this game.  The young quarterback needs to learn from this game and I think he will be fine going forward as their starter next year with a great running back returning as well.

Again...all and all...a good season for Northridge.  Congrats to NW for a hard fought win and the sectional "monkey" off of their back.  It should make for a great game next week against New Prairie. 

Side note: Northridge...bravo on your uniforms...probably my favorite of all the NLC teams.

Mishawaka played an interesting game against Concord.  I didn't see the game however was told that the sickness bug is running through the entire program.  I hope they get better as they have a tough task next week against a great Snider team.  Hopefully playing at home will give them an edge.  

Concord.... Maybe a bit of a disappointed season, however I think they will be in the thick of things next year in the NLC race.

OFF to the regionals!!!

Edited by 00NWP
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NRRaider2001 said:

That's my fear, that someone's decision to be so petty might result in retaliation of equal or greater impact, unfortunately with social media it's a whole new world out there and things are permanent. 

Worst thing is that regardless of how I feel about what happened to the kids at my school is I'd hate to see it happen to someone else's kids, especially if scholarships are involved. 

I hope it wasn't a member of the team that was involved in this deal.  I have friends involved with the Northwood football family and family from there, I'll guarantee they would feel just as upset as Middlebury was when it was discovered how this went down.

I'd be willing to bet that admin for Wanee and some in the football program would agree with my take and it's not a tit for tat anyone wants to see.

These kids are just that, kids. Now thanks to a few factors, they didn't get to play their last game of their senior year and the general public sadly assumes it was a black and white case of being stupid on their parts. 

What's good for the goose is good for the gander......if someone is going to use certain tactics to gain an advantage, they should expect those tactics in return....

There is a lot here to digest. From reading the post the Northridge QB was suspended because of a video Northwood had of him making a bad decision this summer and Video wasn't made public until the day before the game? When I got home from the Penn game I watched the tape delay on TV and they just said the QB and another player were suspended.

2 hours ago, Coach Lou said:

There is a lot here to digest. From reading the post the Northridge QB was suspended because of a video Northwood had of him making a bad decision this summer and Video wasn't made public until the day before the game? When I got home from the Penn game I watched the tape delay on TV and they just said the QB and another player were suspended.

Yes, qb1 and a starting wr/kr. Both seniors

Posted this in the Penn vs. Warsaw thread - but figured I'd add it here.

Exactly the #1 concern when running "Bart Ball" is what happened in the 3rd quarter of the game. This was a 10-3 game at halftime, and Warsaw had a chance to make it 10-6 or even take a 13-10 lead going into halftime with a 1st and 10 at the Penn 43 yard line, but a 15-yard penalty on their final drive of the 2nd quarter thwarted that opportunity.

The start of the 3rd quarter, the compounding issues escalated things quickly.

Kingsmen oppend the 2nd half with an impressive 80 yard drive that ended in a touchdown to take a 14-3 lead. Then, later the quarter, one of the strangest touchdowns of all time. Penn punted the ball (Warsaw never touched it) and the ball never made it to the line of scrimmage. A Penn player then picked up the ball and ran it all the way into the endzone for a touchdown to make it 21-3. Apparently, a punt is a live ball for EITHER team if it doesn't get back to the line of scrimmage. Ruling was correct, just not something you see that often. After that, it was all but over. Being forced the throw the ball, an extremely unfortunate pick-6 on Warsaw's next drive all but sealed the door shut with Penn leading 28-3.

I'm not going to sit here and act like a 31-10 game was "close". However, it wasn't as bad as the final score indicated in my opinion.

Good luck to the Kingsmen this week! They are a heck of a team, and I can only imagine the slugfest that will be their matchup against Crown Point.

• Like 1

It amazes me that I have been around football my entire life and something comes along like...what I will refer to as "the punt".  Kuddos to the refs for knowing the correct call on the play as I had no idea that was a rule.  Another fun one I saw this year was the fair catch on an onside kick.  The ball when straight up and the big fella on the front line had the whereabouts to call a fair catch.  Anyone else see something odd / interesting this year?

17 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

This was a 10-3 game at halftime

17 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Kingsmen oppend the 2nd half with an impressive 80 yard drive that ended in a touchdown to take a 14-3 lead.

Why did they only get 4 points for the touchdown?

As someone whom went through the NorthWood program...raised a child through the NorthWood program and is now a fan of the NorthWood program...I have never seen a comment such as BDOOM's from a NorthWood supporter...or really from anyone in the last 24ish years on the GID. Don't throw all of us in the basket with that fella.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 00NWP said:

As someone whom went through the NorthWood program...raised a child through the NorthWood program and is now a fan of the NorthWood program...I have never seen a comment such as BDOOM's from a NorthWood supporter...or really from anyone in the last 24ish years on the GID. Don't throw all of us in the basket with that fella.  

I know I definitely don't, and I don't think many of us do. We get a bad rap too thanks to 1 or 2 people.

My dad graduated from Wakarusa HS, I have a ton of friends with kids on or connected to the team. 

I felt like I had to vent and clear the air for our kids that made a bad decision back in July because I heard uninformed adults, making it sound like the two did this to their teammates the week of sectionals and I don't feel like they deserve that burden. 

Like I said in an earlier comment, 2 of the best programs in the area year after year.  The last state finals you all made, I even made the drive to Lucas Oil and cheered them on.

24 minutes ago, BDOOM said:

I'm sorry I have crossed it 😔 I am a bit desensitized for that kind of situation as i have had to deal with it ....NRRAIDER2001 your right I'll see myself out 

Good. 

Now answer MY earlier question?  Mr. "Every Offensive Play"?

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Why did they only get 4 points for the touchdown?

2 hours ago, ArmyVet80 said:

I believe it was 7-3 at the half. That's what the South Bend Tribune says anyways. 🤷‍♂️

Correct - it was 7-3 at halftime. Sorry for the confusion. I started writing parts of my post and got sidetracked and then went down another path and came back to it. Here's an edited, corrected version of my post.

Exactly the #1 concern when running "Bart Ball" is what happened in the 3rd quarter of the game. This was a 7-3 game at halftime, and Warsaw had a chance to make it 7-6 or even take a 13-7 lead going into halftime with a 1st and 10 at the Penn 43 yard line, but a 15-yard penalty on their final drive of the 2nd quarter thwarted that opportunity.

The start of the 3rd quarter, the compounding issues escalated things quickly.

Kingsmen oppend the 2nd half with an impressive 80 yard drive that ended in a touchdown to take a 14-3 lead. Then, later the quarter, one of the strangest touchdowns of all time. Penn punted the ball (Warsaw never touched it) and the ball never made it to the line of scrimmage. A Penn player then picked up the ball and ran it all the way into the endzone for a touchdown to make it 21-3. Apparently, a punt is a live ball for EITHER team if it doesn't get back to the line of scrimmage. Ruling was correct, just not something you see that often. After that, it was all but over. Being forced the throw the ball, an extremely unfortunate pick-6 on Warsaw's next drive all but sealed the door shut with Penn leading 28-3.

I'm not going to sit here and act like a 31-10 game was "close". However, it wasn't as bad as the final score indicated in my opinion.

• Like 1