Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ben Davis vs. Cathedral at UIndy

2 hours ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

I wanna see Cathedral win this game, and then win the next 2 6A state championships. And then I want everyone to get on board with putting the private schools in their own playoffs together. But I usual don't get what I want, so my guess is Ben Davis is gonna win.

Sh*t in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first.

Private/Public separate tournaments will never happen. The IHSAA can't even seed the damn sectionals. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Irishman said:

From past experience, I hated playing games at UIndy…..nothing against the school, but the college uprights and hashmarks could make a difference, especially with a team maybe needing a FG to tie or win. I have not been there in a long time but does UIndy still have really small visitors’ bleachers? The 07 Semi State game there was a nightmare because of that; for a number of reasons. 

I agree with you.  Two years ago the Irish place kicker missed one PAT all season, and it hit the upright at UIndy.  I don't believe the small stands on the visitors side will be a problem because BD just doesn't travel well.  

• Disdain 1

36 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

I agree with you.  Two years ago the Irish place kicker missed one PAT all season, and it hit the upright at UIndy.  I don't believe the small stands on the visitors side will be a problem because BD just doesn't travel well.  

In Van Krisoloff I Trust. Top 5 ranked kicker in the sophomore class nationally. If it is a kicking battle, I'm taking the Irish. CoachP doesn't kick outside the 30 though...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Please elaborate.  How are the uprights @ UIndy different from HS uprights?

8 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Possibly not, but there will likely be a lot of non Cathedral and non Ben Davis fans at the game. It was a totally different scenario with Evansville Reitz as they brought a huge following.

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

NFL and NCAA goalposts are 18 feet, 6 inches wide. High school goalposts are 23 feet, 4 inches wide. 

Yes and High school goal posts are 20' tall from ground while NCAA goal posts 30' tall poles from ground.

Also High school hash marks are 53'4" from the sidelines while NCAA hash marks are 60' from sidelines. Which can slightly alter alignment set Offensively. I guess for Cathedral they did play earlier in the year at Butler, but I don't think Ben Davis has played on a collegiate field. It may not matter at all when it is all said and done.

14 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

How many games have where BD was on the Road? Moeller was a great showing of fan support in OHIO! So a trip to the southside is nothing! The stands were nearly filled at Pike last week. My family alone will take up those tiny stands. 

1 hour ago, AllGutsNoGlory said:

How many games have where BD was on the Road? Moeller was a great showing of fan support in OHIO! So a trip to the southside is nothing! The stands were nearly filled at Pike last week. My family alone will take up those tiny stands. 

Ben Davis has played 4 out of 11 games on the road. This week will make 5 out of 12.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

Ben Davis has played 4 out of 11 games on the road. This week will make 5 out of 12.

And they have traveled well for all of the Road games. I have been at everyone, so for him to say they don't travel well enough to fill those tiny stands is an insult. The people who need to be there will be there and it will be more than enough!

1 minute ago, AllGutsNoGlory said:

And they have traveled well for all of the Road games. I have been at everyone, so for him to say they don't travel well enough to fill those tiny stands is an insult. The people who need to be there will be there and it will be more than enough!

I don't think he was insulting Ben Davis just was stating they hadn't traveled with a large fan base. He may be incorrect.

These D-2 and D-3 colleges don't have large visitor sections because honestly road teams don't bring large fan bases to away games so they are unnecessary.

21 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

I don't think he was insulting Ben Davis just was stating they hadn't traveled with a large fan base. He may be incorrect.

These D-2 and D-3 colleges don't have large visitor sections because honestly road teams don't bring large fan bases to away games so they are unnecessary.

I think he has been there and knows how tiny they are at Uindy, and that is an insult to any school because it only takes about 100 people if that to fill those stands.

10 hours ago, AllGutsNoGlory said:

I hope you're right.  I'd like to see a lot of Giant fans in those stands Friday night.  In fact, I'd like to see a lot of Irish fans at the game also.

7 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Absolutely, I hope I'm wrong and there's a sea of purple in those stands!

I wish the game was going to be played at Bishop Chatard.  They are on the road this week.

49 minutes ago, temptation said:

Some won't get on board with this until they win a 6A title.

Eric Moore, Ben Davis, Warren Central, and Carmel will always be a tough hurdle to overcome. But top to bottom, it's a no contest.