Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

“Recruiting is real in high school."

6 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

When explained like this I can understand and support the non transfer idea. The way I see it though, p/p's don't have a true elementary or middle school most times than not. So when they come from a "feeder school" that they still have options on where to go and they choose a p/p, I see that as them transferring in as freshman. Others may not see it that way but that's what I see it as. Again I understand many especially those more linked to p/p's don't see it that way but just my opinion on the matter. 

So you think those kids who were in parochial schools since preschool are freshman "transfers" to parochial high schools because they had "choices". They don't belong to the state!

4 hours ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

You're a p/p. Everyone on your roster is a transfer

This statement entirely inaccurate.  There is a distinct and unique catholic grade school system in the Evv area, seperate from the public school system.   The vast majority of Memorial (& Mater Dei) students come from a feeder school.    

3 minutes ago, KVBora said:

So you think those kids who were in parochial schools since preschool are freshman "transfers" to parochial high schools because they had "choices". They don't belong to the state!

In my opinion yes to the first statement. Truthfully don't know what you mean by the second, when did I say or infer that they belong to the state, not sure what you mean by they either, are we talking about the schools or the students?

• Kill me now 1

3 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

In my opinion yes to the first statement. Truthfully don't know what you mean by the second, when did I say or infer that they belong to the state, not sure what you mean by they either, are we talking about the schools or the students?

By "they" I mean the students. Kids who have never been enrolled in a public school cannot be considered transfers.

Just now, KVBora said:

By "they" I mean the students. Kids who have never been enrolled in a public school cannot be considered transfers.

And I said I never saw it that way until Foxbat explained it in further detail. Never been involved with a p/p school. I've just always been told they recruit and bring in transfers and that's why they are always as successful as they are, unfair advantages they have, etc..., 

• Kill me now 1

5 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

And I said I never saw it that way until Foxbat explained it in further detail. Never been involved with a p/p school. I've just always been told they recruit and bring in transfers and that's why they are always as successful as they are, unfair advantages they have, etc..., 

I think you'll find that the most successful programs, public or p/p, usually have excellent grade school programs. Look at Center Grove, CYO, and Jr Saints.

Since Indiana is an open enrollment state, public schools recruit quite a bit. See the original article this thread was based on. He wasn't talking about p/p.

2 hours ago, KVBora said:

I think you'll find that the most successful programs, public or p/p, usually have excellent grade school programs. Look at Center Grove, CYO, and Jr Saints.

Since Indiana is an open enrollment state, public schools recruit quite a bit. See the original article this thread was based on. He wasn't talking about p/p.

But that doesn't fit the public school fans' narrative. They'll tell you it's only the p/p schools that recruit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

When explained like this I can understand and support the non transfer idea. The way I see it though, p/p's don't have a true elementary or middle school most times than not. So when they come from a "feeder school" that they still have options on where to go and they choose a p/p, I see that as them transferring in as freshman. Others may not see it that way but that's what I see it as. Again I understand many especially those more linked to p/p's don't see it that way but just my opinion on the matter. 

Just because they have options doesn't mean they aren't a feeder school. Public School kids have options too in the major cities in Indiana does that make them not a true feeder school to the local public school? Open Enrollment is another animal in and of itself.

10 hours ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Step one is admitting you have a problem. All kidding aside most of what people say is just assumptions, accusations, etc. They have no clue haven't stepped foot in the doors and have nothing to back up their claims. Most of it is "so and so said that so and so (insert any recruit allegation). Gather a group of 20 people whisper a true fact in one persons ear and tell them to pass it on, by the time you get to the 20th person you would be amazed at how twisted what you said became.

1 hour ago, Grover said:

My dad lives there and that's what he calls it too.  Didn't realize Coach D was there.

They don't have a football team yet. I am think Coach D is waiting for Coach K to retire and move down there to start up a football team in "The Villages" he already has the portable megaphone ready to pull out of the drawer!

football-old-man.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/9/2023 at 12:22 PM, tango said:

Depending upon income qualification, she could be eligible for a school choice voucher. In any event, in determining the quality of education offered at each of the mentioned places, I might suggest that sometimes you get what you pay. I am confident our students can correctly spell the name of the school. 

soutern.png

Cheerleaders decorating hundreds of cars…mistakes happen.  #real community support

1 hour ago, LCCAlum said:

Germany invaded Poland.

Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor.

This thread was started on a throw back Thursday, trying to relive the holy wars from 2007-2008. We just need DrivenT and Driven2beMuda back. 

Speaking of throwbacks!  I thought you were dead. :classic_smile:

Missed having you around for the LCC thread discussions.

2 hours ago, LCCAlum said:

Germany invaded Poland.

Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor.

This thread was started on a throw back Thursday, trying to relive the holy wars from 2007-2008. We just need DrivenT and Driven2beMuda back. 

And LCCFan09er.

• Like 1