Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Chatard vs Knox Semi-state

I'd be remised not to mention again, how TV got absolutely short sticked by the 3a Tournament committee, those individuals threw them into a sectional for no good reason,  E/W or N/S. made no sense sending TV to that sectional.   

Knox vs TV would of been fun, but my $ would of been on TV then they could of played Chatard of SS however, I digress 

carry on 

7 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I'd be remised not to mention again, how TV got absolutely short sticked by the 3a Tournament committee, those individuals threw them into a sectional for no good reason,  E/W or N/S. made no sense sending TV to that sectional.   

Knox vs TV would of been fun, but my $ would of been on TV then they could of played Chatard of SS however, I digress 

carry on 

We just wait for wrestling season here at HH. Chatard can't even come close to us there.

41 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

so just unlucky for those teams that his year's version of Chatard got to head back to 3a 

They would be very difficult to handle coming out of 4a North, wish we could get that East Central vs Chatard this year,  that would be quite the slobberknocker 

I think EC competes very well this year in 6A. Chatard’s day is coming.  I could see them moving on to 5A, depending of course on Memorial’s status. Who’s run in 4A has been impressive. 

4 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Guess that is what happens when an urban p/p is immediately surrounded by a population numbering in the millions, and rural teams don't.

I am a huge fan of the “We are the poor oppressed” argument here and the P/P’s are the oppressors. It is the cry of every group that currently loves to hang and wave their flag of choice. The unfortunate part is that it ends up sounding like whining. I miss the old days (like pre-pandemic) when it was “Underdogs vs the Favorites”. When the underdogs would swear to fight like hell in the face of odds seemingly stacked against them. Their victories were the victories of underdogs everywhere. We celebrated the victorious underdog. Today that underdog goes by the name of the oppressed. They whine and cry about things being “fair”, need safe spaces and call everyone who has a differing opinion a name or pejorative of some sort. They love to “pwn” people and, in the end, nobody cares when they actually win because society is tired of dealing with the insufferable twerps. 

Now leave me alone cuz I need to find my VHS of Villanova Basketball beating Georgetown in the NCAA finals.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Guess that is what happens when an urban p/p is immediately surrounded by a population numbering in the millions, and rural teams don't.

I am a huge fan of the “We are the poor oppressed” argument here and the P/P’s are the oppressors. It is the cry of every group that currently loves to hang and wave their flag of choice. The unfortunate part is that it ends up sounding like whining. I miss the old days (like pre-pandemic) when it was “Underdogs vs the Favorites”. When the underdogs would swear to fight like hell in the face of odds seemingly stacked against them. Their victories were the victories of underdogs everywhere. We celebrated the victorious underdog. Today that underdog goes by the name of the oppressed. They whine and cry about things being “fair”, need safe spaces and call everyone who has a differing opinion a name or pejorative of some sort. They love to “pwn” people and, in the end, nobody cares when they actually win because society is tired of dealing with the insufferable twerps. 

Now leave me alone cuz I need to find my VHS of Villanova Basketball beating Georgetown in the NCAA finals. 

4 minutes ago, Just a dad said:

I think we got it now.

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Danville did have Chatard's number in 2016 and 2017, but they got that monkey off their back in 2020.

Danville was really good those years.   No question.  They were kinda' the first of those western suburbs to get good...now Avon and Brownsburg have both become even better than Danville.

2 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

Curious if Chatard has faced an offense similar to Knox's this year. I would assume (and could be wrong) that Chatard has exclusively faced spread teams. Knox does a great job of hitting opposing defenses with a variety of formations and looks while sometimes pulling what seems like half of their line on every play. Definitely a difficult offense to prepare for if you don't see something similar all season.

Were up 40-0 on Tippy Valley (similar enough) and will adjust to whatever Knox does.  Coaching staff is terrific, lots of seniors, lots of speed, lots of depth.   Knox's style won't be what gives them a shot if they have one.   They'll have to bully a better team for 4 quarters and do it without making mistakes or giving up points on defense.   Knox will have to score 3-4 touchdowns to have a shot and Chatard's "1's" on defense have given up 2 touchdowns since Labor Day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Why can't Chatard earn enough points to stay in 4a?   That is a real question 

Moving up next year following regional win last week.  COVID reset put them in 3A following a season in 4A 2021.   They should definitely BE in 4A or even 5A, but it's not Chatard's fault they aren't.    The IHSAA dictates where teams play.    (For the record, Chatard does not recruit, does not pay tuition for athletes, and does nothing but use CYO as a youth program and uses fantastic coaches and off season work to be what they are)

37 minutes ago, Just a dad said:

I am a huge fan of the “We are the poor oppressed” argument here and the P/P’s are the oppressors.

How many Catholics reside in Marion and surrounding donut counties vs. Starke county?  And the Indy area p/p's have always been the oppressors, due the numerous advantages their government school counterparts will never have.  This has been argued ad nauseum on ever iteration of the GID since it's inception.

Prediction:  Chatard 96, Knox 0.

Edited by Muda69

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

How many Catholics reside in Marion and surrounding donut counties vs. Starke county?  And the Indy area p/p's have always been the oppressors, due the numerous advantages their government school counterparts will never have.  This has been argued ad nauseum on ever iteration of the GID since it's inception.

Question.  What prevents any school system from having a solid, consistent youth program, from having intense and accountable off season weight and conditioning programs, from hiring great coaches, and establishing a tradition?   That's what has built Chatard.   Yes...it's now 40+ years old, but there is no advantage any community can't establish over time.   Granted,  it's built in to the CYO program, but there is also CYO basketball, and  Catholics don't dominate that sport at all.  Same w volleyball.   Chatard oppresses nobody.  They just have the best program in the state, but started (and lasted 30 years) it with facilities worse than the Junction Boys.   Only recently have they moved into the 21st century.

Just now, JUSTADAD17 said:

Question.  What prevents any school system from having a solid, consistent youth program, from having intense and accountable off season weight and conditioning programs, from hiring great coaches, and establishing a tradition?  

You obviously haven't walked the halls of your typical government high school recently, have you?     Your primary experience is with the automatons produced by the CYO football program.

but there is no advantage any community can't establish over time.

You are wrong.  Most government school programs have tried and tried, over time, to emulate the P/P's and 99% of them fail.  The best they can hope for is that "once in a decade team", not reload year after year after year like the P/P's do.   Most P/P's just don't have the socioeconomic hurdles the governments schools face.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JUSTADAD17 said:

Were up 40-0 on Tippy Valley (similar enough) and will adjust to whatever Knox does.  Coaching staff is terrific, lots of seniors, lots of speed, lots of depth.   Knox's style won't be what gives them a shot if they have one.   They'll have to bully a better team for 4 quarters and do it without making mistakes or giving up points on defense.   Knox will have to score 3-4 touchdowns to have a shot and Chatard's "1's" on defense have given up 2 touchdowns since Labor Day.

I think you are out here arguing with yourself on this game. There is one Knox poster in this group and he/she has only said that the team has to believe they can win in order to win.

• Like 2

On 11/13/2023 at 1:15 PM, JUSTADAD17 said:

Knox is 0-0 against Sagarin top 64.   Chatard is 7-0.   Knox may think they'll dictate things and that "Chatard hasn't seen anyone like us" yet.   But they have.   Unless Knox thinks they're better than Cathedral, Cincinnati Elder, etc.  Knox is used to playing with a lead against weaker teams.   Little different this week.   Game won't be close.

Knox has literally played nobody.  They are 0-0 against Sagarin top 64.  Chatard is #13 and 7-0 against that list.

No reason to get so chesty. I doubt anyone from Knox thinks they're going to be pushing Chatard around or dictating the game. Anyone who doesn't have their head in the sand can read the writing on the wall.

With that said, if you knew anything about Russ Radkte, you'll know the Redskins will walk onto Chatards field with likely no fear in their minds. That guy instills toughness and confidence. But, he's not bringing his 1997 Griffith juggernaut down to Kessler Blvd. Chatard by however much they want.

Edited by Boilernation

13 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

You obviously haven't walked the halls of your typical government high school recently, have you?     Your primary experience is with the automatons produced by the CYO football program.

You are wrong.  Most government  high school programs have tried and tried, over time, to emulate the P/P's and 99% of them fail.  The best they can hope for is that "once in a decade team", not reload year after year after year like the P/P's do.   Most P/P's just don't have the socioeconomic hurdles the governments schools face.

There we go. I had to pinpoint the problem. If you read the now enhanced/bold words, you will likely find where the problem actually is. As someone that uses said words healthcare system for veterans, I can attest that they probably aren't good at running education platforms either. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

if you knew anything about Russ Radkte, you'll know the Redskins will walk onto Chatards field with likely no fear in their minds.

Oh, they’ll have some fear, alright. But it won’t be fear of Chatard. It will be fear of Coach Radtke.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ArmyVet80 said:

There we go. I had to pinpoint the problem. If you read the now enhanced/bold words, you will likely find where the problem actually is. As someone that uses said words healthcare system for veterans, I can attest that they probably aren't good at running education platforms either. 

bingo-the-sopranos.gif

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Knox 9.8% of 3,232 population (in Knox only) Indianapolis 11.5% of 882,039 population. Of course it doesn't matter because not all of them are going to go to Chatard.

It is only Tuesday perhaps along with Offensive, Defensive, and Special Teams reps some Sign of the Cross reps can be worked in.

cross-sign.gif

7 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Knox 9.8% of 3,232 population (in Knox only) Indianapolis 11.5% of 882,039 population. Of course it doesn't matter because not all of them are going to go to Chatard.

Can you please provide links where you acquired these percentages?  So only residents of Indianapolis attend Chatard?  

1 hour ago, Just a dad said:

If you miss the old days, then you can go back to the cluster system, when the oppressed Catholic schools in Marion County sued the IHSAA because they were all put in the same sectional.

Oppression crosses all boundaries and decades.

Edited by Stoner

Just now, Muda69 said:

Can you please provide links where you acquired these percentages?  So only residents of Indianapolis attend Chatard?  

Nope I only did residents of Indianapolis because that is all I felt like doing. You want more you put your own fingers to work. Ultimately it doesn't matter. Not but a small fraction of the population of Indianapolis or donut counties will or would even consider going to Chatard. You can toss up all the large numbers you want. Within a few miles radius there are 7-8 High Schools to choose from near Chatard. 

Knox = 553 students

Chatard = 667 students

Chatard rosters 77 players 2 of those 77 aren't from a parochial elementary school. I wouldn't be able to tell you how many act of contrition's or signs of the cross the 75 have done but I am sure it is a lot just like the population of Indianapolis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1