Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A South Semi-State Gibson Southern (11-2) at Heritage Hills (12-1)

40 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Let's discuss the first game today. If they didn't rematch, Gibson probably just watches the first half and teaches what happens when you let off the gas. I think Heritage Hills reliedon the big play too much but that has kind of been their modus operandi. 

One important aspect is our starting RB/LB played 1 play (the fumble) if I recall and didn’t play offense remaining 1st qtr thru 3rd quarter. He played intermittently at LB

he finally went back in on offense in 4th qtr. Can’t recall if he had any Carries in 4th but just the sheer presence of him the the backfield took pressure off Jett and the offense started rolling again

31-28 was final. I truly think if he was healthy and played all 4 qtrs we may have had a tighter game and not had to scratch and claw our way back into it.

We are healthy this week and I presume GS is too….

I think both teams will do what they do and that is move the ball down field and in the end it will be “take aways” and the leg of the PAT/FG kickers that determine the outcome. 

it would surprise me if either team gets up by 14 or more

56 minutes ago, PAC FAN said:

One important aspect is our starting RB/LB played 1 play (the fumble) if I recall and didn’t play offense remaining 1st qtr thru 3rd quarter. He played intermittently at LB

he finally went back in on offense in 4th qtr. Can’t recall if he had any Carries in 4th but just the sheer presence of him the the backfield took pressure off Jett and the offense started rolling again

31-28 was final. I truly think if he was healthy and played all 4 qtrs we may have had a tighter game and not had to scratch and claw our way back into it.

We are healthy this week and I presume GS is too….

I think both teams will do what they do and that is move the ball down field and in the end it will be “take aways” and the leg of the PAT/FG kickers that determine the outcome. 

it would surprise me if either team gets up by 14 or more

I agree with you. This is a coin flip game. Last time i said first one to 28 may win it. Could be the same this time around.

2 hours ago, GS54 said:

I agree with you. This is a coin flip game. Last time i said first one to 28 may win it. Could be the same this time around.

You have been to a lot of coin flip games lately.  Just leave your coin at home....lol.

Edited by Titan32

5 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Let's discuss the first game today. If they didn't rematch, Gibson probably just watches the first half and teaches what happens when you let off the gas. I think Heritage Hills reliedon the big play too much but that has kind of been their modus operandi. 

I think Heritage Hills coming back in that game just speaks more to the tradition than anything….there have been plenty of games where GS has led by a few scores…and then the 4th Qtr happens.  

I may get the name wrong…but Kenton Crews? That kid will always remind me that it just takes 1 player to erase 3 Qtrs of great work…think that was almost a decade ago now lol…rent free when it’s GSvsHH 

20 minutes ago, Just a dad said:

Wishing both teams a healthy outcome that is so mentally taxing that they forget to go to practice for most of next week and then overeat on Thursday. 

I’ll speak for myself…but I imagine many on both sides here may think the same thing

Chatard better win. Might even be there early, waiting at LOS to hold the doors for Chatard…just to make sure everyone makes it in 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

2 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

Whomever has the ball last.....

Whichever... teams are not people. Even if you were to use who/whom, it should be whoever ... it is replacing the subject.

Also "lastly" because it is an adverb. Last is an adjective, so...

"Whichever has the last ball (will win)"

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

adverb. I meant adverb. I swear to god I did. 

Look…my wife already has a degree in English and is working on a masters in Speech Language Pathology with the aspirations of becoming a doctor in the field one day.

I wasn’t aware that she also knew of this forum and was so knowledgeable in Indiana HS football. Lol

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

1 minute ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Look…my wife already has a degree in English and is working on a masters in Speech Language Pathology with the aspirations of becoming a doctor in the field one day.

I wasn’t aware that she also knew of this forum and was so knowledgeable in Indiana HS football also. Lol

(From her:) I am reading it with my friend from Santa Claus, hunny. We have a lot to talk about tonight.

Soon to be Ms Dumfries

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Gotta see what wife No. 1 says. We are currently paying Harvard Kennedy a sizeable monthly payment for grad school, so what's another grad degree and some others in 18 years?

Yuck.  I’m sure that’s a hefty one…as well as the envelope they send asking for donations every year lol

Colleges made asking for a tip on everything cool before touch screen card readers existed 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Once a Titan said:

Have the GS and HH faithful come together to coexist with each other? I feel like both sides have a lot of pride and boastfulness for their own teams but also show a lot of class and respect for the other team. Am i wrong here????

They do things the right way and are a true 3A peer....as it should be.  They fight the same battles we fight.  I respect that.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Whichever... teams are not people. Even if you were to use who/whom, it should be whoever ... it is replacing the subject.

Also "lastly" because it is an adverb. Last is an adjective, so...

"Whichever has the last ball (will win)"

First of all, we are supposed to be on the same side.

Secondly, are you my mother?  I used to get this crap all the time, as she was an English teacher....long since retired and still corrects me.

I think I am actually more dumber after reading this.    ******dragging knuckles and walking away********

8 hours ago, tango said:

There's certainly a very good chance 2 PAC teams will play at Lucas Oil. The bigger question is whether a PAC team will win at Lucas Oil. 

I’ve got a better question…. Have you seen the weather forecast?  How are the Turf Titans going to handle getting mud on them immaculately clean golden and maroon uniforms???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TommyTwoTimes said:

I’ve got a better question…. Have you seen the weather forecast?  How are the Turf Titans going to handle getting mud on them immaculately clean golden and maroon uniforms???

I hate to be that guy…but I don’t even live in Indiana and know you didn’t check the weather either lol. 

image.thumb.png.2d473cdd5024d613f495fb58d5c3c26f.png

gotta love the blind confidence of repeating what others told you and the mentality of “you gotta play on grass and in mud to be a real football player” 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

gotta love the blind confidence of repeating what others told you and the mentality of “you gotta play on grass and in mud to be a real football player”

Hey, I never said anything about what makes a real football player!  Just highlighting the difference in field surfaces while, God forbid, talking a little trash.  Hey, anything to break up the love fest this thread was starting to turn into.  What a difference a couple of years make...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TommyTwoTimes said:

Hey, I never said anything about what makes a real football player!  Just highlighting the difference in field surfaces while, God forbid, talking a little trash.  Hey, anything to break up the love fest this thread was starting to turn into.  What a difference a couple of years make...

I for one would like to think that turf fields have helped out many parents, but especially mothers, when it comes to cleaning jerseys. 

I think nothing beats a pristine grass field…but it’s a lot of work these days to keep the quality of the field into November with so many sports using a field.