Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A South Semi-State Gibson Southern (11-2) at Heritage Hills (12-1)

32 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I for one would like to think that turf fields have helped out many parents, but especially mothers, when it comes to cleaning jerseys. 

I think nothing beats a pristine grass field…but it’s a lot of work these days to keep the quality of the field into November with so many sports using a field.  

Thanks to the IHSAA rules on hosting tournament games it has been 28 calendar days since a game was played on Patriot Field

• Kill me now 1

2 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I for one would like to think that turf fields have helped out many parents, but especially mothers, when it comes to cleaning jerseys. 

It was all nice until mom freaked out swore we had mice infesting the house.  There were droppings all over the place.

Turns out we just had the black rubber turf pellets everywhere in foyer.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

Ok, so this gets even better with this turf/grass issue.....I'm betting DeYoung's mom is concerned about mud on those pretty whites.  It's ok, after all, DeYoung is the new guy.

image.png.12084654bada3961cb78916a37067997.png

image.png.c1008a89c526939347d3ba08d935d2ba.png

I saw this as well.  There is no way in H311 that anyone called anyone with regard to a playing surface.  The jungle is like home to these GS kids who have never lost a game there.  In fact...in a recent poll...the GS kids voted "The Woods" as their 2nd favorite place to play!!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I saw this as well.  There is no way in H311 that anyone called anyone with regard to a playing surface.  The jungle is like home to these GS kids who have never lost a game there.  In fact...in a recent poll...the GS kids voted "The Woods" as their 2nd favorite place to play!!

First of all, this is what I said when I heard this.  Secondly, your response is gold.  See, this is the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, TommyTwoTimes said:

I’ve got a better question…. Have you seen the weather forecast?  How are the Turf Titans going to handle getting mud on them immaculately clean golden and maroon uniforms???

More than likely better than the Poverty Patriots ventured against the greatest 3A show on turf.  You don't want to get in a ground and pound battle in the mud.  This years Patriots best play is no play.

15 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

More than likely better than the Poverty Patriots ventured against the greatest 3A show on turf.  You don't want to get in a ground and pound battle in the mud.  This years Patriots best play is no play.

"Poverty Patriots"??  YIKES!! 😅  Well, if its coming down to ground & pound I'm sure we'll see Mr. Roads to the rescue again.  But I wouldn't be looking for a wishbone in the turkey this year.

Edited by TommyTwoTimes
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Niceness is out the window now…. The poverty patriots hopes it rains so much that you Titans can suck a duck….

I meant turkey!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Titan32 said:

We tried the staff/managers washing stuff for a year or two.  We are back to kids washing uniforms at home.

Interesting. Our managers launder our stuff. They're too valuable to allow a mom to wash a new red sweatshirt with a road white jersey and inadvertently create a pink jersey... 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, tango said:

Interesting. Our managers launder our stuff. They're too valuable to allow a mom to wash a new red sweatshirt with a road white jersey and inadvertently create a pink jersey... 

Come on, who you kidding??? A Memorial Mom isnt doing laundry.....the maid is!!!

• Haha 6