Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Mt. Rushmore of Indiana HS FB Coaches

It occurred to me that we arguably have 3 of the coaches who’d be on a Mt Rushmore of Indiana FB coaches still coaching this weekend (Russ Radtke, Bud Wright, Eric Moore). 

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but who’d be on your Mount Rushmore?

Hard to narrow it to 4, but I’d go with: Eric Moore, Chris Geeseman, Don Howell, and Bud Wright. 

HM: Dick Dullaghan, Russ Radtke & Russ Isaacs

2 hours ago, Coach Harvey said:

My Picks - Jerry Brewer, Bud Wright, Bob Gaddis, Dick Dullaghan

Brewer and Gaddis are definitely up there and I wouldn’t blame anyone for having them, but not sure I could put them above Howell, Geeseman, or Moore. 

Dullaghan I almost put and probably should be on mine. He’s a big reason for the start of Indy football dominance imo. 

Dullaghan is def on mine. 313 wins, 8 state championships, was an 8 year camper at his summer football camp. Going to a small school, he gave me the chance to perform against bigger school talent and get the chance to be seen by different colleges. He has impacted so many different programs around the state than people can imagine.

• Like 1

I think if Russ Isaacs had MIC type resources, he'd be more in the discussion than what he is. During his time at Snider, he was the winningest coach in Indiana and was an overtime away from posting a 3-0 record against Geesman. He had a state title in 1992 over the defending national champs Ben Davis. I'd also argue that he had the best team in the state in 1997 and possibly 2004. In 16 seasons, he posted 13 sectional championships, 7 regional championships, and 3 semi-state championships all while being one of the smaller schools in his division. Also served as an assistant at Snider from 1983-1990 and 2014-present. He's been at Snider for 47 years, his only lapse in coaching football was time served as athletic director from 2009-2013 and time as wrestling coach from 1976-1982. Also of note:

IFCA Distinguished Service Award in 1998

Director of Rod Woodson Football Camp from 1996-2006

Director of Bergeron Mohr Kicking Academy from 1993- (unsure)

Featured speaker at many national and state coaching clinics

Coached Rod Woodson, Vaughn Dunbar, and many other high caliber D1 players. 

Worthy of note: Head coach of the Snider wrestling program from 1976-1983 posting a record of 84-6-1

19 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

-Dick Dullaghan and Bud Wright are no-brainers.

-Rick Streiff has to be on there too I would think

-Eric Moore, Chris Geesman, Matt Lindsay, and Bruce Scifires all have legitimate cases.

Add in Vince Lorenzano too, terrific record at Chatard took Ritter to the STate Championship too and also coached at Mississinewa.