Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NLC - 2023 Season

20 hours ago, NRRaider2001 said:

So you were on the field and heard that being said?  Didn't think so.  But congrats on the win.

I'm not blaming anyone but Northridge for the loss, they should've done better.  However people need to see the tactics used and can form their own opinions on the matter. 

Not one time did you deny that the video was turned in 4+ months after someone from Northwood obtained it and held on to it to only release it on the Thursday before sectional championship.

The picture posted was from a public social media page, and trust me, there are far worse where that came from.

After the game I tried to ask the question about the players who didn't play and I got it removed.  If the story is true than Northwood withheld the video until they could use it.  If the person involved cared about kids it would've been given after they had first seen it.  Even with these antics Ridge had a chance to win.  

Northwood has abused the transfer "portal" rule and fielded the best team that the "rules" allowed.  But the part about this that chaps my rear is the finger sniffing first down pose.  Act like you have been there before.  The spike of the TD by the QB that cost his team 15 yards.  

I applaud the Northridge admin for taking care of this promptly and following their code of conduct.  Would Northwood of actedo n the video on Thursday before the game or wait until after the game to investigate it?  

• Like 1

I don't fault Northwood at all for turning in the violation to Northridge. 

I do find it concerning that they wait till the day before the sectional final to do it.

If you have that information share it with the Northridge administration as soon as you have it.

For the record there’s a lot of accusations being thrown around here without any evidence. There’s no evidence that Northwood did anything. I did say it’s likely it’s someone in the orbit of Northwood. But there’s posts here suggesting the Northwood staff was holding onto it when I haven’t seen any evidence of such. If people want to criticize Northwood’s use of transfers that’s one thing, do that. But beyond that is assuming at best. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, PantherPride said:

For the record there’s a lot of accusations being thrown around here without any evidence. There’s no evidence that Northwood did anything. I did say it’s likely it’s someone in the orbit of Northwood. But there’s posts here suggesting the Northwood staff was holding onto it when I haven’t seen any evidence of such. If people want to criticize Northwood’s use of transfers that’s one thing, do that. But beyond that is assuming at best. 

So, what is worst?

1. Holding on to the video on the chance you’d see Northridge in the playoffs … and then using it to knock their QB out of the game.
  2. Having advance scouts video future opponents’ sideline signals.
  3. Having private investigators accumulate evidence — some of it arguably obtained illegally —  and then turning it into the NCAA to get your rival sanctioned for cheating.

Who knew that football could create such moral dilemmas?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/6/2023 at 5:52 PM, Plymouthfan91 said:

I applaud the Northridge admin for taking care of this promptly and following their code of conduct.  Would Northwood of actedo n the video on Thursday before the game or wait until after the game to investigate it?  

Isn't this question getting answer this week? 

Photos are leaked of Northridge players drinking in July the day before the game and they get suspended.

Sense then, there is a photo EVERYWHERE of a Northwood player pretty clearly high and mentions of a video of player(s) smoking weed. 

I mean surely the Northwood administration would have to address it in some form or fashion correct?

Two years ago there was a situation with two key players for NW who were suspended for the opening Sectional game vs Northridge due to an incident. This incident happened the day before the game, but was brought to the staff the day of the game. So to answer your question, yes, I’m sure NW would’ve acted in similar fashion.

As for the Northridge incident, it was ultimately the school’s choice to suspend the kids for a game I believe. If it happened off school property and during the summer, couldn’t they let it slide? Every situation is unique, but sooner or later there has to be a timeframe where “the past is the past”. It may be subjective and not clear-cut, I understand that. 

The caption and picture seem obvious, but how is someone going to prove he was high? There would need to be a video showing the action of smoking IMO or do a drug test. 

Edited by NLCfan2005
  • Like 2

Saw a Tweet by Channel 46 Sports former All State Player and long time Goshen Assistant Coach Steve Swihart passed away. I remember coach Swihart as being a very good defensive coach in the Redskins successful years. Always wonder why Goshen never made him head coach after Park retired.

RIP Coach Swihart.

Edited by Coach Lou

After the game I tried to ask the question about the players who didn't play and I got it removed.  If the story is true than Northwood withheld the video until they could use it.  If the person involved cared about kids it would've been given after they had first seen it.  Even with these antics Ridge had a chance to win.  

Northwood has abused the transfer "portal" rule and fielded the best team that the "rules" allowed.  But the part about this that chaps my rear is the finger sniffing first down pose.  Act like you have been there before.  The spike of the TD by the QB that cost his team 15 yards.  

“Abuse the portal rule? Who on their team does not live in the school district?

That's too bad for the Goshen Community.  I felt like with the right coaching Goshen would make some headway in their program. If anyone was going to do it, it would have been Wogomon.  He is a great coach and I know everyone whom has played for him has nothing but the upmost respect for him.  Not just as a coach but as a person.  I hope Goshen can find a replacement of his caliber. 

I'm at a loss as to Goshen's struggles.  They have wonderful facilities, they have more fans (some very loud) than a lot of other teams.  They have a lot of kids at the school.  I have said in the past...soccer can not be pulling that many people away from football.  No lineman is playing soccer...too much running.  I've also notice this with their wrestling.  Not saying they don't have the numbers in wrestling as they are on par with most other NLC school...they just don't have the same fight as they used too.

Just years and years of kids not seeing and therefore not expecting any success?  The last winning season was in 2016 and before that you have to go back to 01 and 02 to find back to back winning campaigns.  

What does Goshen need to do to hit the "reset button" in football?  If coach Wogomon couldn't see a way forward.....that speaks volumes. 

18 hours ago, Wedgebuster said:

Just years and years of kids not seeing and therefore not expecting any success?  The last winning season was in 2016 and before that you have to go back to 01 and 02 to find back to back winning campaigns.  

What does Goshen need to do to hit the "reset button" in football?  If coach Wogomon couldn't see a way forward.....that speaks volumes. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Goshen demographic has changed drastically over the past decade or so.

2 hours ago, BSUKingsmen said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Goshen demographic has changed drastically over the past decade or so.

Yes....but going back much more than just a decade.  Completley different community than it was around 2000.  The changes are well beyond the high school.  Questions such as "What has happened to Goshen Football/Athletics/High?" would be better phrased as "What has happened to the City of Goshen?"

1 hour ago, US31 said:

Yes....but going back much more than just a decade.  Completley different community than it was around 2000.  The changes are well beyond the high school.  Questions such as "What has happened to Goshen Football/Athletics/High?" would be better phrased as "What has happened to the City of Goshen?"

I heard they have a heck of a soccer program now...

31 minutes ago, BSUKingsmen said:

I heard they have a heck of a soccer program now...

Serious question - do they? I know they've been atop the NLC a few times, but have they made many runs in the IHSAA tournament? Admittedly, I do not follow NLC soccer very closely, and only know when Warsaw has made a few runs in recent years.

5 hours ago, US31 said:

What's your take on that situation?  

1 hour ago, Wedgebuster said:

What's your take on that situation?  

Seems to be the same thing that has happened in South Bend, then Elkhart, now Goshen.  Correctly or incorrectly, it’s no longer seen as a desirable place to be for many.  So, those than can, move “out” to adjacent districts.

I'm shocked that Mishawaka didn't put in turf when they did the updates a few years back.  Their field gets pretty messy towards the end of the year (but they may like it that way).  The same with NorthWood...I would have assumed they could have gotten a great deal on turf when they put in the baseball / softball complex.  This year, NW's field looks pretty beat up to years past.  I think its only Mishawaka, NW and Concord that still play on grass in the NLC.