Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Chatard vs Knox Semi-state

6 hours ago, Muda69 said:

A Mensa member like yourself can easily decipher a few acronyms.  But I'll play:

Pot. Kettle. Black.   Surely you get the meaning here, my hypocrite friend.

You Have Been Trolled.

Have A Nice Day.

Seriously, are you like 10?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, gonzoron said:

We just wait for wrestling season here at HH. Chatard can't even come close to us there.

Another reason why there shouldn't be an automatic Class bump for P/Ps.  Outside of football......Chatard.....well....I think you fairly well know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just a dad said:

The biggest assist to P/P enrollment in the Indy area is the absolutely trash safety and education our kids would get if they attended an IPS school. Any of the public school parents out in the cornfields and mountains of this beautiful state should be counting their blessings that their kids get to participate in sports at the cost of only their tax dollars. Having to fork over more money as a parent just to ensure that our kids can go to a school where they do not have to pass through metal detectors daily and their education at least prepares them for college is not our dream. I wouldn’t mind at all if my kid could go to a safe, high quality school, win more than they lose in the sport of their choice, get to make great life-long friends and some day get to reminisce about the good old days. 

Until then, I want the highest quality education, environment and athletics for my kid if I am writing a check. If you think you wouldn’t do the same in our situation then you are lying to yourself. 

You could solve all this by moving out of a city. 

46 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

77 Varsity players for Chatard. @Lysander use to be a 3-way play (cooked, cleaned, and drove) now he retired.

https://bishopchatardathletics.org/wp-content/uploads/Football-Roster.pdf

I stomped the North Side playgrounds with my "Bit 'O Honey" after CJB finally checked into the nursing home.  Have them all to myself these days.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hondo17 said:

You could solve all this by moving out of a city. 

Yes. That would be easy. I can just switch jobs, sell my house, sell my in-laws house, move them into a nice place in the country nearby my new job and my new house, uproot my kid from all of her friends, ask my wife to completely revamp her life and quietly settle into a peaceful life of yelling at cows to stay off of my lawn. So easy a caveman (like me) could do it. 

Conversely, you can enroll your kid in a P/P in the city and drive them to school daily, pay the added costs to your wallet (and lifestyle) and join the privileged elites all for the honor of telling some dudes on a high school message board in thirty years that you once helped your kid win a state title in the sport of your choosing. 

Legal Disclaimer: This message is in no way meant to be misconstrued as a recruiting effort. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

2018: Chatard loses 3A Semi-State to Evansville Memorial…admittedly losing ugly.

Ugly? As my fraternity brothers would say, “Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.’”

I’m out of reactions, but this is me giving the rest of your post a standing ovation. Well, at least once I put the leg rest down on my Lazy Boy. 

My only question is who will be the other 5 teams to join Brebeuf, Chatard, and Roncalli in the IHSAA mandated sectional? 

I guess this is the thread where the p/p arguments came to reside. At least it’s better than arguing over the Knox High Commanders nickname. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Ugly? As my fraternity brothers would say, “Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.’”

I’m out of reactions, but this is me giving the rest of your post a standing ovation. Well, at least once I put the leg rest down on my Lazy Boy. 

My only question is who will be the other 5 teams to join Brebeuf, Chatard, and Roncalli in the IHSAA mandated sectional? 

I guess this is the thread where the p/p arguments came to reside. At least it’s better than arguing over the Knox High Commanders nickname. 

Yep…totally get that.  A beautiful deconstruction…from a certain perspective.

The other teams have generally been to the West of Indy but I’m assuming it will consist of whatever teams didn’t have a say.  Regardless….I know 3 teams that will be a part of it.

Heh, heh, yeah, I did a double take when I saw they were the Knox  “Redskins”….my knee jerk reaction was to look over my shoulder for the DEI pronoun Reichsmarschall to put me in cuffs when I wrote their mascot name earlier.

9 hours ago, JUSTADAD17 said:

History says you're wrong.   Chatard has heard all of this before.   Knox has played nobody.  Happens every year with these rural teams and Sagarin - as it relates to Chatard and generally speaking - hasn't been wrong.   You can be condescending and hard headed all you want, but this is par for the course.  Heritage Hills in 2019 couldn't have talked more trash or been more naive.  Just like you.  Final?  34-3 Chatard.   Lawrenceburg a year ago.  Final?  34-14 Chatard and the defense this year is far better.  Tippy Valley talked.  40-7.  Delta was going to "run through Chatard's faces."  35-0 before Delta scored.   This movie is in syndicate....it's not new.   It's a rerun.  Chatard hasn't played Lakeview or Maconaquah.  You're right.   But if you think Knox beating up on those teams (again, zero games against top 64 rated schools) gives them a shot, I'd love a drink of your Kool Aid.   Chatard would name the score against every team Knox has played.  You can deny it all you want or discount anything you want.    Doesn't change anything.   Knox may keep it close for a while just because of the way they play, but they're. Ot bullying Chatard for 4 quarters.   Just not happening.  

Thats pretty funny that your take on my simple comment that nobody should be dismissed at this point is condescending and hard headed!  Thats a good one and honestly sounds quite the opposite my friend. Its funny you go on a rant throwing shade on “rural” teams and people talking trash yet nobody mentioned that but you. Saying teams at the semi state level should not be dismissed is in no way talking trash. Unless you are incredibly sensitive!  I am not and never have said that Knox is going to control Chatard because they played Lakeview (By the way, congrats on using max prep for that quick look up and that is meant to be condescending).  The only thing I am saying and the only thing I have ever said is that NO team should be dismissed at this point in the tourney. I am not predicting a score or trash talking Chatard but…if you want to take it that way, good for you. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lysander said:

Coach, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you don’t know the history of Chatard in 4A….but it’s going to be Tolstoy in length…but hardly as literary…I’ll leave that to @Muda and his misspelled  acronyms.  For the record, anyone bothering to read this likely should grab a cup of coffee.

For the record, nobody is any less happy about Chatard being in 3A than Chatard football fans….at least this one, anyway.  Pretty sure I represent a majority, though.  With that, 4A is not always better than 3A..but it is in most years.  Regardless, either 3A or 4A is almost always better than 5A – I include in this the 70% of the time 5A is ACTUALLY WON BY A BUMPED UP 4A TEAM. 

If Chatard could somehow ultimately claw its way through 4A into 5A, I doubt it would ever leave 5A.

With that, let’s start with a recent history primer of Chatard in 3A and 4A (4A boldfaced and underlined😞

2013: (Year 1 of the Success Factor with 4 Points required to stay in 4A) Chatard wins Sectional v. Roncalli 28-8.  They lose Regional, in a game that was decided late, v. New Palestine.  This year was the start of New Pal’s great success under Coach Ralph.  Their Chatard win was the first statewide sign something special was cooking there. Chatard earns 1 point.

2014: Chatard rolls over and supines itself to Roncalli 31-6 in Sectional after beating them 20-7 in the regular season.  No further comment.  Chatard earns 0 points…back to 3A.

2015: Chatard wins 3A State

2016: Chatard loses to Danville in 3A Sectional (Coach Vince Lorenzano’s last year)

2017: Chatard loses to Danville in 3A Sectional (Coach Rob Doyle’s first year)

2018: Chatard loses 3A Semi-State to Evansville Memorial…admittedly losing ugly.

2019: Chatard wins 3A State (CalPreps had Chatard  ranked #3 All Classes…New Pal was ranked #1 All Classes)

2020:   Chatard wins 3A State (CalPreps had Chatard ranked #6 All Classes).  For the record, they beat later 4A state champion Roncalli 28-7 that year (Roncalli’s sole loss). 

2021: Chatard loses to Roncalli in 4A Sectional 35-21.  Lest folks forget, this was the year Roncalli with their monster line (just coming off a State Championship) was talked about much like East Central today….until they lost in an upset to Mt Vernon (who easily won State).  Chatard earns 0 points.

2022: Chatard is put back in 3A (don’t ask me why…I still don’t understand it).  Chatard wins 3A State.

This is the history.  Chatard has only ever been in 4A for 3 years.  They’ve only been knocked out of 4A once in 2014 where they needed 4 points to stay up. 

That said, in 2024, have no doubt the slack jaws at the IHSAA will put Brebeuf, Chatard, Roncalli, Cincy Elder, Cincy St.X and Cincy Moeller in the same Sectional….or dream about it, anyway.  Regardless, Brebeuf, Chatard and Roncalli WILL be in the same Sectional….because….

In its absolute worst years, Chatard will almost always be a top 5-10 4A team (I believe they should be in the North...for the record).  Frankly, Chatard doesn’t seem to experience the same high/low swings Roncalli does. Still, historically Chatard will almost always also split 50/50 with Roncalli…who has a bit of a tradition, as well (but tends to have bigger “lows” than Chatard does in off years).  When Roncalli is “good”, they’re “State Champion good”.

Regardless, I have been told until my ears bleed that the IHSAA DEEPLY evaluates these Sectional groupings considering a multitude of factors including historic conferences…..yada, yada, yada….BS, BS, BS….smoke blowing up my hindquarters. Which has always been used to explain just how Roncalli’s next door, talking over the fence neighbor New Palestine is never paired with Roncalli in Sectional…but 45 minute North Indianapolis cross-county Chatard is ALWAYS paired with Roncalli.

That said, can’t the IHSAA figure out a way to simply put Chatard, New Pal and Roncalli in 3 different Sectionals?  Just that little effort would likely keep a prolonged and forever peace in 3A.

Tragically, the IHSAA has continued to give us year after year the “Sectional of Death” in 3A (copyright to @foxbat) or equivalent which, by any consideration, is gerrymandered as Hell but always has Chatard in the crosshairs (along with every Indiana HS Catholic north of the Mason Dixon line)….but ultimately screws over tons of great teams like TV, HH, WL, Guerin and too many teams to mention.  I’m still p!ssed off as to how badly Tippecanoe Valley was screwed over between Sectional pairings and the damn ping pong balls.

I have no doubt they will continue that proud tradition into 4A next year…wherever those Catholic Schools might be.

If the IHSAA truly gave a sh!t about the principle behind the Success Factor shouldn’t it ALSO be a consideration in that DEEP evaluation of Sectional pairings…or do you just let another equivalent of the 3A TW AD (some of you get the “code”) make the pairings in 4A as well?

Up to this point, the IHSAA Sectional pairings appear nothing more than self-interested groupings by those school administrators involved in the decision making process with no actual consideration of the overall picture….those non-decision makers  get the “Sectional of Death”.

I’m as angry as anybody about Chatard being in 3A (whether they win or lose this Friday…or possibly the following week).

The Success Factor can actually work if the IHSAA  actively considers the principle behind it as regards Sectional groupings. I say this as someone who was a very vocal sceptic…just ask Coach Gallogly.  If they don’t, and just allow it to become the playground for self-interested 4A  ADs…like those behind the "Sectional of Death" in 3A, then nothing will be resolved.

My guess is that, ultimately, those involved in the decision process at the IHSAA will most likely place self-interest over principle come Sectional announcement time.

Please, prove me wrong.

You can now return to the original thread....

MY MAN!!  

5 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

77 Varsity players for Chatard. @Lysander use to be a 3-way play (cooked, cleaned, and drove) now he retired.

https://bishopchatardathletics.org/wp-content/uploads/Football-Roster.pdf

Who are the 2 poor players who get left off the field if they punch their ticket?  Unless IHSAA increased roster size over 75? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tango said:

We enjoy playing Chatard. Just haven't had the chance since 2018. Maybe we'll get the chance next year.

I bet you do!  Maybe Chatard can exorcise those demons next year if we’re lucky enough to get a November matchup.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Who are the 2 poor players who get left off the field if they punch their ticket?  Unless IHSAA increased roster size over 75? 

I am not close to the program but @Lysander can't keep secrets and on rare occasions our brain waves sync up (when we actually use them) or at least reminisce about the days of CJB and Ly gets a sugar high. I digress in honor of Lysander's utter appreciation for how the IHSAA handles things with infinite wisdom, he will be suggesting to Coach Doyle to take all non starters and those not on the two-deep and write them on ping pong balls and select the 2 unlucky contestants. Unless of course one of those unlucky contestants mother is on the list to wash the uniforms from the previous game, then a 3rd ping pong ball will be drawn.

12 hours ago, Lysander said:

I stomped the North Side playgrounds with my "Bit 'O Honey" after CJB finally checked into the nursing home.  Have them all to myself these days.  

Just had to go out and bring up "Coach Junction Boy" some of the newer posters can't handle learning about CJB. Careful with those Bit 'O Honey's we don't want too many dentist visits!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gonzoron said:

What percentage of Chatard students would have actually attended an IPS high school? There aren't many of them left.

IPS wouldn't be the only choice. You have the Lawrence schools (Lawrence North and Lawrence Central) and North Central. Then you have the other p/p schools (Brebeuf Jesuit, Heritage Christian, Cathedral, Park Tudor). For the parochial elementary schools a little further North there is Carmel, Westfield, Noblesville, Fishers, and HSE to choose and Guerin Catholic.

I sometimes think some don't realize the amount of schools available around the North to Northeast side of Indianapolis

Distance from  Chatard to:

Park Tudor (9 min), Cathedral (10 min), Law Cent (12 Min), North Cent (12 Min), Heritage Christian (15 min), Carmel (16 min),  Law North (17 min), Brebeuf (21 min), Westfield (23 min), Fishers (25 min), HSE (27 min), Noblesville (31 min).

16 hours ago, Lysander said:

I have no doubt they will continue that proud tradition into 4A next year…wherever those Catholic Schools might be.

You'll probably be in the same sectional with Frankfort.   Yay,  96-0 baby!

15 hours ago, Lysander said:

Seriously, are you like 10?

I am in my mid-50's.   

You should try having a bit of fun sometimes, Lysander.  Catholicism or something seems to make you very uptight.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Just a dad said:

Yes. That would be easy. I can just switch jobs, sell my house, sell my in-laws house,

You own two homes?  Elite.......

15 hours ago, Just a dad said:

Conversely, you can enroll your kid in a P/P in the city and drive them to school daily, pay the added costs to your wallet (and lifestyle) and join the privileged elites all for the honor of telling some dudes on a high school message board in thirty years that you once helped your kid win a state title in the sport of your choosing. 

Legal Disclaimer: This message is in no way meant to be misconstrued as a recruiting effort. 

Yet it is one,  just the same.

13 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Knox Redskins.  Which I have noticed that in the Indy Star the esteemed Kyle Neddenriep won't say the word, he just says something like  "the Knox football team".   His PC editors at the Star have him on their hook.