Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Westfield vs cp

Let’s get it started!  Westfield has a lot of tournament experience ! Cp has none! Westfield plays in a more competitive conference! Duneland is as good as a 5a  competition !  My prediction is this! Who cares what all you think  !  
let’s hope the Westfield player who got hurt has a speedy recovery and the game is great and both teams play their hearts out ! The better team will prevail no matter what the coaches or officials call !  

Expect the unexpected! The kids are giving everything they have!! Luv the process and luv the pride and joy and the experience as parents and community go through and make their kids better human beings!

9 hours ago, Boilerup said:

Let’s get it started!  Westfield has a lot of tournament experience ! Cp has none! Westfield plays in a more competitive conference! Duneland is as good as a 5a  competition !  My prediction is this! Who cares what all you think  !  
let’s hope the Westfield player who got hurt has a speedy recovery and the game is great and both teams play their hearts out ! The better team will prevail no matter what the coaches or officials call !  

Expect the unexpected! The kids are giving everything they have!! Luv the process and luv the pride and joy and the experience as parents and community go through and make their kids better human beings!

I think the game being at CP they have a punchers chance . Most won't agree but we'll see. 

1 minute ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

I think the game being at CP they have a punchers chance . Most won't agree but we'll see. 

Reminds me of the Snider/Mishawaka game. A good football team is dangerous when you tell them they "can't" or don't give them a shot. I think Crown Point will give a solid showing. 

2 hours ago, RegionFBFan said:

Does Westfield have a good passing attack?

CP is going to score some points. They love to run power but can throw it around too. CP defensive secondary is awful. It has been the past 2 years. If Westfield can throw and slow down CP’s offense, Westfield wins.

They have one of the top Jr receivers in the State and they try to get him the ball often, but have been relaying on the running game lately. 

3 hours ago, AllGutsNoGlory said:

They have one of the top Jr receivers in the State and they try to get him the ball often, but have been relaying on the running game lately. 

I'll bet that changes when they see that Penn threw for 360 yards on CP . Penn is a more run oriented offense , but you take what the defense gives . 

21 hours ago, RegionFBFan said:

Does Westfield have a good passing attack?

CP is going to score some points. They love to run power but can throw it around too. CP defensive secondary is awful. It has been the past 2 years. If Westfield can throw and slow down CP’s offense, Westfield wins.

Westfield is pretty balanced they have rushed for 1,583 yards 23 TD's. Their Jr. RB has 1,099 yards 9 TD's and QB can run if needed also has 9 TD's rushing. Passing the QB is a Sr and Head Coaches son, he has thrown for 2,039 yds. 20 TD's 7 Int's completing 64% of his passes. They have 221 attempted passes and have ran the ball 385 times pretty balanced. Their Defense is well tested having played: New Palestine, Lawrence Central, Brownsburg, Fishers, Carmel (mediocre this year), and HSE 2 times. They also did okay against Noblesville 2 times (running the offense Laporte ran with Dave Sharp), but Crown Point does not run that type of offense.

I think Westfield will win this game with a 28-14 or 35-20 type of game. 

Personally, even though I think Jake Gilbert is arguably one of the best coaches in the State and they've beaten HSE twice, I feel Crown Point benefitting in getting Westfield. 

1. CP will host the Semi-State
    1. I've personally seen at Zionsville this year and other games streamed online how well Westfield travels. But, will their fans make the trip up to Lake County when a trip to LOS seems assured to Central Indiana fans? I guess we'll see. 
  2. Crown Point's secondary is without a doubt their week point. Westfield will likely attack it, but if I'm CP I rather go against Westfield's passing game than Donovan Hamilton, Kameron Anthony and Jalen Alexander for HSE. 

I think this one comes down to Crown Point's front 7 on D and Noah Ehrlinger. 

1. Crown Point's secondary is sieve. Westfield will exploit it. Crown Point will have to find a way to slow down Westfield's running game or the Bulldog D will be on the field for a long time. Westfield can and will grind out long drives. 
  2. Ehrlinger needs to deliver in the passing game. The Junior D1 recruit was 11-17 for 223 yards and 2 TD's against Penn. I don't believe Crown Point can get away with running power play after play with Larry Ellison against the Westfield D Line. Ellison carried the ball 39 times against Penn with a lot of those carries coming out of the Wildcat position on consecutive plays. That will not work against Westfield.

Crown Point is in the same spot as Carroll was last year. Proving they can beat a Hamilton County school in Semi-State is the next step for them. They have a quality coaching staff and a lot of talent. Just think the secondary is a glaring weakness and trying to win the line of scrimmage against Westfield is never easy. 

I'll take Westfield by about 10. 

Edited by Boilernation

Said before last week CP hadn’t been tested all year passing the ball. And they  unsurprisingly got torched against Penn. IMO CP’s only hope in this game is Ehrlich extending plays and hitting Westfield for big gains in the scramble drill. The Dogs will need to win a shootout if they want to advance. 

Think this one will be close early but Westfield will start to pull away in the 3rd/4th. I’ll take the Rocks by 2 TDs. 

15 minutes ago, RocksFan23 said:

Always a great time going to games in the Region. Westfield wins 28-14. Any recommendations for lunch in Crown Point? Good spots on the Square? Heard One13North is good but anywhere with good burgers/beer.

If you like Mexican, try Ricochet Tacos on the SW corner of the Square.

https://ricochettacos.com/crown-point-menu/

4 minutes ago, Bobref said:

If you like Mexican, try Ricochet Tacos on the SW corner of the Square.

https://ricochettacos.com/crown-point-menu/

Ricochet is very good.  I also like Tavern on Main, just down the street.  Additionally, Ramen District and Sakura have great sushi and Asian food, and Prime and Provecho are other good options.  You really can't miss anywhere on the square in CP.  Station 21 (a bit north) and Lucrezia (a little south) are other options.

2 hours ago, RocksFan23 said:

Always a great time going to games in the Region. Westfield wins 28-14. Any recommendations for lunch in Crown Point? Good spots on the Square? Heard One13North is good but anywhere with good burgers/beer.

Square roots has a burger of the month and a pretty nice bar with a big selection. Really, all the places on the square are good so you can’t go wrong. But tavern on main, square root, and upstairs at station 21 if you’re looking at some food and a drink before the game to wet your whistle would be my choices. 
No alcohol and a bit off the square but if you’re into sandwiches give Sandwich City a try on summit street.

9 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

Westfield should be favored, but with the game being at Crown Point it could have an effect.  HSE went to Carroll as favorites last year and got knocked off, so the bus ride and travel distance could even it up.

I would have agreed with you a few years ago. But more and more I'm leaning that traveling two hours doesn't have a whole lot of affect on the outcome of a game. If anything affected HSE last year, it was the windy snow storm blowing into their sideline from the west. Hard to say though, Carroll was good. 

On 11/12/2023 at 5:52 PM, RegionFBFan said:

Penn would have had close to 400 yards passing and a likely win if #3 didn’t have 3 drops on the last drive. All balls were right in his hands.

14 had some big drops as well. #3 will be QB next year and be a favorite to win the 100 in track this spring.

48 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Another stupid decision by the IHSAA not to have semi-state games at neutral sites.  This game would be better played at someplace like Lafayette Jefferson's Scheumann Stadium.

And your reasoning is...?  So Lafayette Jeff, with no dog in the fight has to mobilize their grounds crew, staffing, equipment and forsake their own sporting schedule for what?  Additionally, CP loses 8-10k in concessions.   Not really buying 'another stupid decision'

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, IHSAA Champions Network said:

And your reasoning is...?  So Lafayette Jeff, with no dog in the fight has to mobilize their grounds crew, staffing, equipment and forsake their own sporting schedule for what?  Additionally, CP loses 8-10k in concessions.   Not really buying 'another stupid decision'

My reasoning is simple.  You play the state finals on a neutral field, why not the semi-state?

45 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

You know that field has turf right? You would be okay with that?

No.  That insipid turf would have to be sodded over before the game.  At the IHSAA's expense, of course.

Either that or have the game at LCC's field.