Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PLAC-MSC 2023

18 hours ago, WWFan said:

Eastern Facebook announced TJ Newton as HC. I haven't found anything on him. Maybe someone else knows something. 

I worked with him for 2 years. Pekin hired a really good FB coach. 

On 12/12/2023 at 2:49 PM, JQWL said:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1bYMTnbetTf6n1WlRqudBX6WJ6X8YGQE&ll=38.581727596860034%2C-87.00908379867599&z=8

I propose something similar to this every year. Going to keep at it until it happens. I'm a really big fan of what the PAC has done with their Big/Small Divisions. We should steal this idea. Unfortunately, Perry Central I'm sending you to the Small PAC but I think it would be a great fit. Almost everyone would be on Central Time. Almost everyone is right off 64. 

MSC Big Division (Charlestown, Corydon, North Harrison, Brownstown, Scottsburg, Madison, Silver Creek)

MSC Small Division (Eastern, Crawford County, Mitchell, Paoli, Springs Valley, West Washington, Salem)

Everyone would have 6 conference games and 3 non-conference teams.

I haven't figured it up but I bet the travel expenses would be less with this as well.

Also, this would create a really fun 16 team conference for other sports with Austin and Orleans being non-football schools.

I don't know much about wrestling but this might help the PLAC wrestling schools as well.

I'd rather be independent. 

33 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

You always say that and your football schedule could actually be better. Makes no sense. You already play your 6 divisional opponents. You can still play Seymour. You can find two better opponents than Salem and Pekin if you want.

44 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

My question is why leave Jennings Co for Pekin? Seems lateral at best to me. I dont know hardly anything about JC so maybe it's a behind the scenes reason. 

36 minutes ago, JQWL said:

You always say that and your football schedule could actually be better. Makes no sense. You already play your 6 divisional opponents. You can still play Seymour. You can find two better opponents than Salem and Pekin if you want.

I don't see the point then. But I admit, didn't read your post closely enough, I had assumed this was going to mean we couldn't schedule Seymour. 

Just tell Pekin/Madison to move to the PLAC lol 

What is gained by this? I don't think Salem or BC would want to move on from playing each other. Very close proximity, good rivalry, well attended. 

7 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

I don't see the point then. But I admit, didn't read your post closely enough, I had assumed this was going to mean we couldn't schedule Seymour. 

Just tell Pekin/Madison to move to the PLAC lol 

What is gained by this? I don't think Salem or BC would want to move on from playing each other. Very close proximity, good rivalry, well attended. 

Like I said before, I know it's a football forum but other sports would benefit from this. I really think you could host a really profitable conference volleyball/boys and girls basketball tournaments with a bigger conference. In a world of streaming games, could an app for a conference be a way to make money? Maybe? When schools have to factor in increasing travel costs, does this help keep teams closer to home?

35 minutes ago, JQWL said:

Like I said before, I know it's a football forum but other sports would benefit from this. I really think you could host a really profitable conference volleyball/boys and girls basketball tournaments with a bigger conference. In a world of streaming games, could an app for a conference be a way to make money? Maybe? When schools have to factor in increasing travel costs, does this help keep teams closer to home?

I would think the way things are aligned now, you could host a profitable basketball tourney for boys and girls. 

MSC already does this for the middle schools. I feel like it goes over pretty well.  

I have heard of a couple of schools who are projecting their futures and considering staying in the MSC or moving on.  I agree the bigger conference would be fun and probably more beneficial to schools, but ADs and coaches have to examine what the IHSAA does in regards to realignments and sectional draws.  In other sports that might be easier, but football sectionals can be draw in a variety of different ways which could affect schedules and what coaches want.  This is just my two cents.

• Like 1

Congrats to Pekins Caleb King on commitment to IU. Recently visited Louisville. Honestly had 0 idea he was on radars of power 5 schools. Still awesome. 

Screenshot_20231216_222256_X.jpg

On 12/15/2023 at 2:39 PM, Impartial_Observer said:

What happened to Dean?

Unsure really. Resigned pretty quickly after season. 

Looking at DOE enrollment numbers doesn't look like much change. Some notes

Charlestown in 4A. The area is continues to grow. Silver Creek looks no longer be lone 4A in MSC.

Crawford County headed to 1A? Pretty close right now. Couple small classes they may be there in few years. 

Forest Park in 1A. If Providence remains in 1A (listed as 2nd largest 1A on @HoopsCoach list) I'd imagine WW gets moved back to 47 and FP slides in 48.

5 hours ago, WWFan said:

Looking at DOE enrollment numbers doesn't look like much change. Some notes

Charlestown in 4A. The area is continues to grow. Silver Creek looks no longer be lone 4A in MSC.

Crawford County headed to 1A? Pretty close right now. Couple small classes they may be there in few years. 

Forest Park in 1A. If Providence remains in 1A (listed as 2nd largest 1A on @HoopsCoach list) I'd imagine WW gets moved back to 47 and FP slides in 48.

I didnt even realize it also list Salem in 2A. 

It is with great sadness that we have lost another great man.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/4W4ddBb2Ncdy1a2U/?mibextid=WC7FNe

It is with heavy hearts that we mourn the loss of former Panther Football coach, Aaron Humphrey. Please keep his family and all of those that he had an impact on in your thoughts and prayers.

Edited by Coach_K
I wanted to add the information so people don’t have to click the link.

• 3 weeks later...

From the Perry Central FB page

1/16/2024 - PRESS RELEASE:  

Brennan Malone was named head football coach at Perry Central’s school board meeting on January 15th. Malone has been teaching math and coaching at Perry Central for the last six years. He shared that his love for coaching football started when he was just a kid watching his dad coach. As Malone grew up, he had great coaches who continued to inspire him, including his high school football coach, Ryan George. 

Malone also credits his wife, Payton, for encouraging him to pursue teaching and coaching at Perry Central. He shared, “She’s always been my number one supporter. I am forever grateful for ALL the opportunities this community and school have provided me. It truly is home to me, and I feel like I’ve been a Commodore my whole life. That is directly attributed to the family atmosphere everyone in this community provides.”

Malone’s coaching philosophy centers around cultivating relationships and establishing a culture of pride. He is prepared for the challenges that sometimes accompany change, and plans to work through it by focusing on building a strong foundation of trust among the players. He shared, “We’ve already worked to develop a ‘culture playbook’ of sorts where we have created a list of core values. Those values are Passion, Resilience, Intensity, Discipline, and Earning Everything. What we don’t want is for these to become just words on a wall. We truly want to live these values and continuously have conversations about what they mean to our program, and to the community as a whole.”

When asked about goals for the upcoming season, Malone stated that he wanted to start by building excitement around the program. “We want these guys to look forward to coming to football every day. We want the community to look forward to attending games on Friday nights.” Malone followed up by saying, “Obviously everyone’s goal is to win games, and I’ll never discount that, but another goal we have is for our guys’ off-the-field character and success to be developed just as much as the on-the-field character and success. Coach Gibson has done an incredible job laying the foundation for that to take place, and we look forward to continuing that for years to come.”

• Like 2