Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2023

Irishman

25 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

….kinda like you on this forum from your basement?

Let’s be honest…if Cignetti would have left it at Purdue and Ohio State sucks, you would have been just fine  But you got your panties in a wad because he included your favorite team.  Take a breath Karen.  

Heck, if Cignetti was honest, he would have said those cheating turds at Michigan suck! 

I’ve been clear on here before…I don’t have a basement.

Just a guy trying to get by and survive while making a difference in the lives of children…

While taking jabs (feel more like mosquito bites honestly) from bitter old “accountants” on a high school football message board.

Somehow I manage.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, temptation said:

I’ve been clear on here before…I don’t have a basement.

Just a guy trying to get by and survive while making a difference in the lives of children…

While taking jabs (feel more like mosquito bites honestly) from bitter old “accountants” on a high school football message board.

Somehow I manage.

Lol…so now I must be an accountant. Learn something new everyday.

Glad you feel you are making a difference…why allow others to pat you on your back, when you can do it yourself?  Very special….

3 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Lol…so now I must be an accountant. Learn something new everyday.

Glad you feel you are making a difference…why allow others to pat you on your back, when you can do it yourself?  Very special….

He's good at that.  We must admit that.  He knows all about everything and then some.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

With Sorsby entering the portal and now their incoming QB recruit Timothy Carpenter decommitting, does this make things look more attractive for either Danny O'Neil or Tyler Cherry as a possibility at IU??

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/2024-quarterback-timothy-carpenter-decommits-from-iu/#:~:text=Indiana has lost its quarterback,and re open my recruitment.

Edited by Bash Riprock

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

With Sorsby entering the portal and now their incoming QB recruit Timothy Carpenter decommitting, does this make things look more attractive for either Danny O'Neil or Tyler Cherry as a possibility at IU??

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/2024-quarterback-timothy-carpenter-decommits-from-iu/#:~:text=Indiana has lost its quarterback,and re open my recruitment.

New staff has offered former JMU commit Alberto Mendoza out of powerhouse Miami (FL) Columbus HS. Older brother Fernando plays at Cal and played pretty well as a freshman after being named full-time starter halfway through the year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Would add that I don't believe Cherry is a great fit for the type of offense Cignetti and staff run. Lots of RPO and need QB with some good mobility. I'd think Cherry would be a great fit in Jeff Brohm's offense down at Louisville but realize going from Duke to Louisville is a significant demotion on the academic side of things which I'm sure played a huge role in him ending up at Duke in the first place.

Did Cherry end up de-committing? I know there was speculation with the coaching change but hadn't heard. Either way, he has a bright future ahead. O'Neil too.

Edited by Footballking16

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Would add that I don't believe Cherry is a great fit for the type of offense Cignetti and staff run. Lots of RPO and need QB with some good mobility. I'd think Cherry would be a great fit in Jeff Brohm's offense down at Louisville but realize going from Duke to Louisville is a significant demotion on the academic side of things which I'm sure played a huge role in him ending up at Duke in the first place.

Did Cherry end up de-committing? I know there was speculation with the coaching change but hadn't heard. Either way, he has a bright future ahead. O'Neil too.

Good thoughts...don't disagree with your points.  I also agree with Cherry and your Duke comments. He's an outstanding student.  I don't believe he has decommitted...guessing waiting to see what transpires.  I did see where the Duke starting QB for most of the year (injury) entered the portal and keep reading about him at ND.  I am not sure of their position depth.  I have heard that Cherry is receiving a fair amount of contacts now from other schools.  (as O'Neil)

Will be interesting to see what transpires for these 2 excellent young men and athletes.  As you stated, they both have bright futures.  Was a true joy watching them play during their high school careers.  Cherry has 2 brothers following him and both are excellent athletes.  

5 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Good thoughts...don't disagree with your points.  I also agree with Cherry and your Duke comments. He's an outstanding student.  I don't believe he has decommitted...guessing waiting to see what transpires.  I did see where the Duke starting QB for most of the year (injury) entered the portal and keep reading about him at ND.  I am not sure of their position depth.  I have heard that Cherry is receiving a fair amount of contacts now from other schools.  (as O'Neil)

Will be interesting to see what transpires for these 2 excellent young men and athletes.  As you stated, they both have bright futures.  Was a true joy watching them play during their high school careers.  Cherry has 2 brothers following him and both are excellent athletes.  

More Cherry's? Jeez

19 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

More Cherry's? Jeez

LOL...don't believe they are QB's.  Soph brother was an excellent contributor on the Dline (DE) this past varsity season.  Listed at 6'4" 235lbs and is an outstanding baseball player as well.  Athletic and could see him play at either DE or TE in the future.  Youngest brother (I believe) was a standout on the Junior Trojan football team that claimed another IEFA championship.  

Edited by Bash Riprock

4 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Welp looks like IU just offered Cherry so what do I know lol.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-football-recruiting-a-look-at-the-two-2024-quarterbacks-curt-cignetti-has-offered/

On 12/2/2023 at 5:11 PM, BTF said:

I was at a loss for words when it was suggested that he said that. I assumed maybe he said that to the media, which would have been bad. I don't see anything wrong with saying something like that to rev up the student body. 

Great hire in my opinion. Reminds me of Brian Kelly how he's done well at every stop. Learning from Saban helps just a little too. He sounds like he knows what he's doing, not just a rah rah guy. 

Sounds like he coached with Nick Saban and verbalized the things Saban would have said in private when he was at MSU.

1 minute ago, ragdoll said:

Sounds like he coached with Nick Saban and verbalized the things Saban would have said in private when he was at MSU.

Anyone question what Coach Smart (former Saban protege) said last year to his team about TCU. Was that more than hyperbole? Was that his actual core belief? The outcome resembled that. 

On 12/2/2023 at 8:33 PM, Komets2727 said:

I hope this guy is legit, but I have my concerns. 62 years old really doesn’t lead to having time to build a program.  Not sure why he feels the need to poke the big boys, but I guess it is better than Biden talking about vanilla ice cream…

He’s not going to be long term anyway. If he sucks the will pay him to go away. If he wins a bigger program will hire him away. I just hope he leaves the program in a better place. 
The bar is pretty low. 

2 hours ago, ragdoll said:

Has Saban's arrogance too, maybe a even a little more. I struck that as odd being his first press conference at a Power Five program. 

In the end, I think he'll work out. I like his dedication to preparation. Bob Knight would approve. 

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Donaven....stay away from the Dark Side!!!!  You're better than Emperor Harbaugh!!!

image.png.0ca53c9f51a59d8e6a7c2869dba8a02a.png

"Michigan 100 percent catches my eye," McCulley said. "I wanna get up there as soon as possible."

Apparently he disagrees with IU’s new football coach.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

"Michigan 100 percent catches my eye," McCulley said. "I wanna get up there as soon as possible."

Apparently he disagrees with IU’s new football coach.

I can't imagine he's for everyone.