Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Chatard vs Knox Semi-state

55 minutes ago, HNACReaper said:

Gotcha, I forgot that the sagarin has never been wrong and the projected winner always wins!  Honestly, we should probably just save everyone the risk of injury and anoint Chatard champs now.  
I don’t think that Knox thinks that at all.  I think that every team left should think they can win and if they don’t, they don’t belong here anyway. 

Chatards schedule is impressive and it is obviously why they are favored but I wouldnt instantly dismiss a team because their schedule, which they have no control over, is “weak”. 
If Chatard had the exact same team they have now but were from Royal Center you would still be praising whomever they were playing and have no idea because of their weak schedule.

You can only control whats in front and when it boils down, its two teams and the one that executes will win regardless of what their weak schedule or sagarin says.  

I would give Knox a punchers chance if they were running Coach Radtke's Wishbone and playing at Broad Ripple. Due to IHSAA restrictions and @Lysander chagrin the Semi-State playing days at Broad Ripple are no longer. The Knox Redskins get to play at the shiny new (well not brand new but newish) palace at Kessler Blvd and Crittenden Ave instead of the pasture 1 mile Northwest from Chatard where bloodied knees and elbows were born.

In all seriousness it is not probable that the Redskins will upset the Trojans but it's not impossible. The beauty of it is that's why we play the games they will have the chance to try and beat Chatard and getting that chance is all you can ask for. Now if only we could petition for a one last hurrah at Broad Ripple Ave and Compton St. all would be right in the @Lysander household!

Edited by FastpacedO

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

I would give Knox a punchers chance if they were running Coach Radtke's Wishbone and playing at Broad Ripple. Due to IHSAA restrictions and @Lysander chagrin the Semi-State playing days at Broad Ripple are no longer. The Knox Redskins get to play at the shiny new (well not brand new but newish) palace at Kessler Blvd and Crittenden Ave instead of the pasture 1 mile Northwest from Chatard where bloodied knees and elbows were born.

In all seriousness it is not probable that the Redskins will upset the Trojans but it's not impossible. The beauty of it is that's why we play the games they will have the chance to try and beat Chatard and getting that chance is all you can ask for. Now if only we could petition for a one last hurrah at Broad Ripple Ave and Compton St. all would be right in the @Lysander household!

@Lysander and I will both petition to play at the Hallowed Grounds of Broad Ripple!

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Ha! I used to live in the original Monon Place Apts at Compton & Kessler before moving to Hamilton County. I enjoyed seeing Chatard fans flood the neighborhood for games at Broad Ripple. It had a vintage atmosphere. When I lived near 61st and Evanston the current on campus stadium was still just a field of dirt. It’s impressive what they’ve turned that land into. 

Edited by Boilernation

Quite literally, Chatard’s only football field on site was dirt, rocks, periodic broken glass and goose poop (per Coach L).  My oldest would often return home with cuts and bruises having nothing to do with the bump and grind of actual player v. player.  The opponent was often the field as much as other players during practice.  It alternated between mud and a dust bowl…..but it was only…however briefly…..grass….up until 2011 (I think…please feel free to correct me).  

Regardless, even after the new field in 2011(?), it was solely a practice field.

Let’s not even mention the truly primitive weight room (if one could call it that) and the somewhat more than occasional staff infection in those medieval locker rooms.  I can recall Tim Adams calling it the worst facility in the state…not so much being derogatory but rather as he marveled at it as proving facilities, ultimately, just don’t matter.  Quite literally…”doing more with less” as I often hear from a team further down the street.

As regards the Broad Ripple HS football field, I recall, Coach Carol Purichia talking about Chatard players in his day carrying and putting sod on the Broad Ripple field in preparation of the season.  

You do what you have to do when the only resources you have are a strong back and your own two hands.

So, yes, Broad Ripple should be Holy Ground as regards Indiana HS Football.  I admit to, often in jest, calling it “the Field of Champions”…but well……if blood, sweat and tears make a ground holy….

For all the talk about dynasties, unfair advantages, Success Factors, etc….what gets lost is the real history and the literal generational struggles it takes to consistently succeed.  People only want to look at the championships today but not what it took to be there…sadly common in today’s instant gratification society.  

8 hours ago, Sledge said:

@Lysander and I will both petition to play at the Hallowed Grounds of Broad Ripple!

Amen.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Screw the IHSAA, Coach Radtke has long earned the right to have his undefeated Knox Redskins to play on the “Field of Champions”.  Winner take all!

Edited by Lysander

16 hours ago, HNACReaper said:

If Chatard had the exact same team they have now but were from Royal Center you would still be praising whomever they were playing and have no idea because of their weak schedule.

Most if not all of the Chaturd fans on this forum have never visited or even know off the top of their head where Royal Center is located.   Besides, you are mentioning a 1A program,  not worth the the Condomites time or effort. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HNACReaper said:

Gotcha, I forgot that the sagarin has never been wrong and the projected winner always wins!  Honestly, we should probably just save everyone the risk of injury and anoint Chatard champs now.  
I don’t think that Knox thinks that at all.  I think that every team left should think they can win and if they don’t, they don’t belong here anyway. 

Chatards schedule is impressive and it is obviously why they are favored but I wouldnt instantly dismiss a team because their schedule, which they have no control over, is “weak”. 

You can only control whats in front and when it boils down, its two teams and the one that executes will win regardless of what their weak schedule or sagarin says.  

Chatard thinks they can win.

Chatard is going to execute more than Knox.

Regardless of schedules and sagarin, Chatard is going to win.

37 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Most if not all of the Chaturd fans on this forum have never visited or even know off the top of their head where Royal Center is located.   Besides, you are mentioning a 1A program,  not worth the the Condomites time or effort. 

Good God…get over yourself and the imputed false virtue….it’s boring and way too self-congratulating.

My best bet is that you’ve never heard of Laurel, Indiana (God forbid got liquored up there at the Long Branch, rode/wrecked dirt bikes there…or have pre-teen scars from the muffler burns), long closed Whitewater HS…..or Fairfield, Indiana where my relative’s unremembered farm and family life is at the bottom of a reservoir.

Being “from” a place doesn’t make anyone special….whether large or small.  

Neither does being a pretentious @sshole….whether large or small.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Use your words….that’s what I always told my children.  It’s a stretch…but try.

A Mensa member like yourself can easily decipher a few acronyms.  But I'll play:

Pot. Kettle. Black.   Surely you get the meaning here, my hypocrite friend.

You Have Been Trolled.

Have A Nice Day.

39 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Use your words….that’s what I always told my children.  It’s a stretch…but try.

He can't spell acronyms correctly, what makes you think he can even USE words?

46 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

YABT.  

5 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

You Have Been Trolled.

• Haha 2
  • Sit and spin 1

19 hours ago, HNACReaper said:

History says you're wrong.   Chatard has heard all of this before.   Knox has played nobody.  Happens every year with these rural teams and Sagarin - as it relates to Chatard and generally speaking - hasn't been wrong.   You can be condescending and hard headed all you want, but this is par for the course.  Heritage Hills in 2019 couldn't have talked more trash or been more naive.  Just like you.  Final?  34-3 Chatard.   Lawrenceburg a year ago.  Final?  34-14 Chatard and the defense this year is far better.  Tippy Valley talked.  40-7.  Delta was going to "run through Chatard's faces."  35-0 before Delta scored.   This movie is in syndicate....it's not new.   It's a rerun.  Chatard hasn't played Lakeview or Maconaquah.  You're right.   But if you think Knox beating up on those teams (again, zero games against top 64 rated schools) gives them a shot, I'd love a drink of your Kool Aid.   Chatard would name the score against every team Knox has played.  You can deny it all you want or discount anything you want.    Doesn't change anything.   Knox may keep it close for a while just because of the way they play, but they're. Ot bullying Chatard for 4 quarters.   Just not happening.  

5 minutes ago, JUSTADAD17 said:

History says you're wrong.   Chatard has heard all of this before.   Knox has played nobody.  Happens every year with these rural teams and Sagarin - as it relates to Chatard and generally speaking - hasn't been wrong.   You can be condescending and hard headed all you want, but this is par for the course.  Heritage Hills in 2019 couldn't have talked more trash or been more naive.  Just like you.  Final?  34-3 Chatard.   Lawrenceburg a year ago.  Final?  34-14 Chatard and the defense this year is far better.  Tippy Valley talked.  40-7.  Delta was going to "run through Chatard's faces."  35-0 before Delta scored.   This movie is in syndicate....it's not new.   It's a rerun.  Chatard hasn't played Lakeview or Maconaquah.  You're right.   But if you think Knox beating up on those teams (again, zero games against top 64 rated schools) gives them a shot, I'd love a drink of your Kool Aid.   Chatard would name the score against every team Knox has played.  You can deny it all you want or discount anything you want.    Doesn't change anything.   Knox may keep it close for a while just because of the way they play, but they're. Ot bullying Chatard for 4 quarters.   Just not happening.  

Danville did have Chatard's number in 2016 and 2017, but they got that monkey off their back in 2020.

50 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

He can't spell acronyms correctly, what makes you think he can even USE words?

Our resident Grammar Nazi trolls again.  My apologies for the typo.

I'll challenge you to a 30-day average of Wordle guesses any day,  Chief.

Curious if Chatard has faced an offense similar to Knox's this year. I would assume (and could be wrong) that Chatard has exclusively faced spread teams. Knox does a great job of hitting opposing defenses with a variety of formations and looks while sometimes pulling what seems like half of their line on every play. Definitely a difficult offense to prepare for if you don't see something similar all season.

7 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

Curious if Chatard has faced an offense similar to Knox's this year. I would assume (and could be wrong) that Chatard has exclusively faced spread teams. Knox does a great job of hitting opposing defenses with a variety of formations and looks while sometimes pulling what seems like half of their line on every play. Definitely a difficult offense to prepare for if you don't see something similar all season.

Most of the Chatard players and coaches have been around the CYO football fields. Student body right and student body left are mainstays. Perhaps Coach Doyle can contact Coach Scifres and have a discussion about the different ways to block the toss sweep for old times sake.

1 hour ago, JUSTADAD17 said:

I'm with you to an extent. I don't think anyone from Valley or Delta said they were gonna run through Chatard's face. I think a lot of people praised Valley for the season they had and were interested in what the game would look like, but i think most still said Chatard would beat Valley. I also think that was kind of the measuring stick for the playoffs and after seeing that, any public school that matched up with Chatard was going to get running clocked or close to it. If there was anyone dumb enough to say a 3A team was going to run through Chatard's face then i'm sure they were just trolling on here.