Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Romison St. Louis Out at Elkhart

WHME 46 Sports is reporting head football coach Romison St. Louis has been relieved of his duties at Elkhart. 

“BREAKING: Romison Saint-Louis has been removed as Elkhart Lions football coach after just two seasons.

Saint-Louis told me administrators felt the program wasn’t going in the right direction. He was 10-10 in two seasons, but he is proud of the team GPA rising from 2.56 to 2.95.”

• 2 months later...

8 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

Why a stunner?  Am I missing something?  Munster got one of the good ones.  Elkhart lost out.  Coach is a great leader of men and will do a great job leading the program.

The “stunner” label has nothing to do with the Coach. It’s just that in the 57 seasons of Munster football, they’ve only had 3 coaches … and all have had close ties to Munster. John Friend lived in Munster and kids from Munster went to Hammond High, where he was Bernie Kreuger’s assistant, before Munster opened. Leroy Marsh was Coach Friend’s assistant for many years. Jason Grunewald was a player at Munster and was Marsh’s OC for many years. To my knowledge, Coach St. Louis has no ties to the program. That Munster went outside its own little world is the stunning part of this hire.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bobref said:

The “stunner” label has nothing to do with the Coach. It’s just that in the 57 seasons of Munster football, they’ve only had 3 coaches … and all have had close ties to Munster. John Friend lived in Munster and kids from Munster went to Hammond High, where he was Bernie Kreuger’s assistant, before Munster opened. Leroy Marsh was Coach Friend’s assistant for many years. Jason Grunewald was a player at Munster and was Marsh’s OC for many years. To my knowledge, Coach St. Louis has no ties to the program. That Munster went outside its own little world is the stunning part of this hire.

Oddly enough Seymour WBK has only had three HC’s in its 53 year history, none of which had ties to the program, though. Like Munster it’s somewhat rare to have such longevity in coaching positions. 

Congrats to Coach St. Louis on the Munster role. Great school district, good conference, tough sectional.

After intro to players, you need to start locking down the Munster  athletes from the Illinois schools. The town of Munster has talent but they keep losing them to Illinois.