Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Indy Restaurants or Bars Showing Playoff Games

You could probably ask any of the restaurants/bars downtown to turn the games on. I have asked before and they will usually try to accommodate if the game is on TV. I have watched games at The District Tap, Slippery Noodle, Punch Bowl Social, The Rathskeller (not in the heart of downtown), Kilroys, etc. 

10 hours ago, ArmyVet80 said:

You could probably ask any of the restaurants/bars downtown to turn the games on. I have asked before and they will usually try to accommodate if the game is on TV. I have watched games at The District Tap, Slippery Noodle, Punch Bowl Social, The Rathskeller (not in the heart of downtown), Kilroys, etc. 

You think the bar/restaurant will add the pay per view fee to your bill???

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, psaboy said:

You think the bar/restaurant will add the pay per view fee to your bill???

Usually, Mrs ArmyVet80 consumes a few glasses of vino and doesn't see the bill. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😂😂 In all seriousness, if the game is live streamed, most restaurants will at least look it up to see if they can get it. I've actually streamed from my phone to a smart TV at 3 of the restaurants I mentioned. If you have a roku stick, you could also ask them to plug it into the nearest TV and stream from your phone to the roku which makes it a smart TV (with the assistance of their wifi or using the hotspot on your phone). Of course this does not bypass the pay per view fee from the streaming service. Most places don't have ESPN+ but I do through my cell provider and I've pulled up games not on the regular ESPN channels. 

Sorry for the lengthy post. A simple yes or not probably would have been sufficient. 🤦‍♂️ Ya knever know until you ask. 

Edited by ArmyVet80
Grammatical error

13 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I guess if someone is doing a free a stream of game then you can get. Would a school be able to do that with their own media dept. if they could and ISHAA wouldn't be able to stop it?

I just looked it up on the IHSAA site and it seems that IHSAAtv.org has cornered the market. The regionals is the last round other broadcasting stations (including the schools media depts.) could show the games. It says $12 for 1 game or all 12 for $20. Like I said before, it never hurts to ask the restaurant. I've had pretty good luck with asking (and I tip very well). 

Edited by ArmyVet80
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, psaboy said:

I guess if someone is doing a free a stream of game then you can get. Would a school be able to do that with their own media dept. if they could and ISHAA wouldn't be able to stop it?

There are no free streams...at least live. The IHSAA hires out the Semi-State round and charges $12 or $20 (for all) to pay for it. The IHSAA has exclusive rights to all their tournament games, so there's no broadcast unless it's approved.

Approved broadcasters below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSzG2aGkgcfTsaj3F43ZayN410HvYnV_Dl64LVgOG58aic_eiu8taErApPltau2WiR9V06dPJIV0d2a/pubhtml

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

There are no free streams...at least live. The IHSAA hires out the Semi-State round and charges $12 or $20 (for all) to pay for it. The IHSAA has exclusive rights to all their tournament games, so there's no broadcast unless it's approved.

Approved broadcasters below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSzG2aGkgcfTsaj3F43ZayN410HvYnV_Dl64LVgOG58aic_eiu8taErApPltau2WiR9V06dPJIV0d2a/pubhtml

I've got mine. It's really a bargain in my view. 12 games for $20.90. 

I'm guessing the bars can also purchase the games?? Surely they have a way to get it onto their TV's. Just need the app.

Edited by gonzoron

7 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I've got mine. It's really a bargain in my view. 12 games for $20.90. 

I'm guessing the bars can also purchase the games?? Surely they have a way to get it onto their TV's. Just need the app.

Can you just not go to the IHSAA and get link?

2 hours ago, psaboy said:

Yeah, I know. IHSAATV.org on a computer, phone or any smart device. Thought must people would know they don't have a TV channel

Right. So to get it onto their TV they’ll need the APP or a web browser ON the TV. You can’t just tune in a TV to a website.