Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove @ Ben Davis 6A South Semistate

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

I mean all the teams had to deal with Covid, it's not like the Hoosiers were exonerated from covid while others were not.

Should  Center Grove, Cathedral, Roncalli, Chatard, Western Boone, and Covenant Christian all give back their 2020 STate Championship Titles because of "Covid". I don't feel they should.

Two of the B10's three heavy hitters had key guys opt out in 2020 and IU/Allen benefitted greatly.  Yes, on paper and in generic terms "a win is a win" but nothing was normal about that 2020 season and I think the result since speak for themselves.

14 hours ago, Slobberknocker said:

Ticket rules. ☹️

Semi-State Football  vs. Center Grove - 7 pm
Ticket link:  public.eventlink.com/tickets?t=58887
websites.eventlink.com/s/ihsaa/Tickets
The ticket link will shut down at 6 p.m. on Friday, November 17th.
Tickets are NOT available for purchase at the gate.

Dumb,

• Like 1

7 hours ago, temptation said:

Unbelievable game.

5 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

We are in agreement.

At one point it seemed like Ben Davis had control of the game. Then Center Grove stormed back with a fury. That 4th qtr and Overtime was some very enjoyable football to watch. Ben Davis  like they have against Brownsburg and Cathedral made the plays when needed.

It did almost end in disaster when Ben Davis QB1 fumbled the ball, a BD player was Johnny on the spot (3 times) as that football was like a greased pig. Both teams left it all on the field. We will have a new State Champion for the first time in 3 years.

7 hours ago, temptation said:

Unbelievable game.

It was said that someone would have paid $20 to see that game. Yet some will pay over $200 to watch a Colts game. That will baffle me to the day I die. Ben Davis/Center Grove is worth a lot more than twenty bucks. Quite frankly, any semi-state game is. 

3 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

At one point it seemed like Ben Davis had control of the game. Then Center Grove stormed back with a fury. That 4th qtr and Overtime was some very enjoyable football to watch. Ben Davis  like they have against Brownsburg and Cathedral made the plays when needed.

It did almost end in disaster when Ben Davis QB1 fumbled the ball, a BD player was Johnny on the spot (3 times) as that football was like a greased pig. Both teams left it all on the field. We will have a new State Champion for the first time in 3 years.

Yep.  That double move to give CG the lead put Zackery in a blender.

Also, cannot be overlooked was the poor snap on the game tying extra point…the BD holder did an amazing job getting that one down and placed correctly.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, temptation said:

Yep.  That double move to give CG the lead put Zackery in a blender.

Also, cannot be overlooked was the poor snap on the game tying extra point…the BD holder did an amazing job getting that one down and placed correctly.

Zane Skibinski...3 TDs and a game saving hold on the FG.

1 minute ago, temptation said:

FG, not XP.  My bad.

Distance wise it was pretty much a PAT, but you wouldn't kick it from that angle. I didn't even realize what a good hold it was until I saw Kyle Neddenriep's video. Then, I think Channel 13 in Indy had a low angle. Pretty remarkable. Skibinski had to almost stand up. The snap was above his helmet it seemed. Rudolph never stopped either. Coach Mann explained that they put the operation under pressure a lot in practice, and it paid off there.

7 minutes ago, Grover said:

I thought BD would decline the penalty to avoid the harsher angle.  Obviously didn't matter.

Ben went to kicking camps all summer and was posting about the harsh angle drills he was doing. Paid off for sure. Hats off to the Trojans on a great run. I think it will get harder and harder to do what they've done as the competition continues to get more and more fierce in 6A.

9 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

When CG took the lead 34-31, I thought there were 2 critical plays in the last BD drive in regulation.  The 48 yd pass to Zachary was incredible.  QB gets off a tremendous throw just as he was being clobbered by a CG lineman...no way he saw his pass caught.  Zachary had been held to one pass completion all game long.  Zachary was actually covered very tight by CG defensive back. But the ball was thrown to where only Zachary could pull it down and he makes an outstanding catch.....making it first and goal on the 6 yd line.  CG held firm...and the fumble by the BD QB....and it squirted through various hands.  If CG recovers, game over and they are moving on to their 5th state title game in a row.  But lady luck was with the Giants...they recover, eventually kick FG and history in OT. Amazing how the little things that get almost no print in the paper can play a major role in determining the victor.

2 outstanding teams....both played their butts off and would not back down.  Congrats to the Giants!!  Go get the title!!

Edited by Bash Riprock
  • Like 1