Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Merrillville @ FW Snider 5A North Semi-State

What impresses me most about Merrillville is their fan support. The catastrophe connecting Fort Wayne to the Region called US30 that INDOT has blessed Northern Indiana with didn't stop the Pirate contingent from supporting their team. Kudos to the Merrillville program and their fans. 

Merrillville has a very good defense that kept the game in doubt until midway 3rd quarter. At that point it just looked like Snider was wearing them down. 

For Komets. Here's what I believe. When Snider puts their best foot forward, they can beat anyone in the state. That's what I believe. They just concern me sometimes. Like when they went up 14-0 against Homestead in the 1st quarter then fell asleep. We all know Snider is 28 points better than the Spartans. I'm real happy for this group of kids after what happened at last year's semi-state. 

I have to admit, I was happy to see Snider finally ditch the full house backfield last night when inside the 3 yard line. That thing just doesn't work at this level of play. 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

What impresses me most about Merrillville is their fan support. The catastrophe connecting Fort Wayne to the Region called US30 that INDOT has blessed Northern Indiana with didn't stop the Pirate contingent from supporting their team. Kudos to the Merrillville program and their fans. 

Merrillville has a very good defense that kept the game in doubt until midway 3rd quarter. At that point it just looked like Snider was wearing them down. 

For Komets. Here's what I believe. When Snider puts their best foot forward, they can beat anyone in the state. That's what I believe. They just concern me sometimes. Like when they went up 14-0 against Homestead in the 1st quarter then fell asleep. We all know Snider is 28 points better than the Spartans. I'm real happy for this group of kids after what happened at last year's semi-state. 

I have to admit, I was happy to see Snider finally ditch the full house backfield last night when inside the 3 yard line. That thing just doesn't work at this level of play. 

I can’t chime in without knowing Cody’s thoughts first.

Congrats to Snider and good luck in Indy. The better team won! 

I was at the CP vs Westfield game so I have not watched the Snider vs Merrillville game replay. From what I gather from other posts and newspaper articles, Merrillville D played well but offensive struggled. Not surprised by either.

Good season for Merrillville nothing to be ashamed of.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BTF said:

Well, every team is capable of a bad game sometime during the season and that quick 14-0 lead against Homestead in the first 6 minutes was fools good. I do believe that was a wake up call and Snider is very dangerous right now

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Well, every team is capable of a bad game sometime during the season and that quick 14-0 lead against Homestead in the first 6 minutes was fools good. I do believe that was a wake up call and Snider is very dangerous right now

I concur..maybe some humble pie made them realize they need laser focus every game..heart goes out for the pirate player that got injured early..seemed like a playmaker..they will be back

54 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Still maintain it’ll be the best game of the weekend.  

Just now, Komets2727 said:

If memory serves me correctly, he has predicted big victories for Lutheran and North Posey

I'd like to know what the point spread is for the Lutheran/AC game is. Need someone to pay for my dinner while in Indy. 

27 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

If memory serves me correctly, he has predicted big victories for Lutheran and North Posey

I don’t get credit for North Posey…I never thought they’d get past Triton Central who I thought was a clear front runner in 2A.

I like Lutheran by 2 scores…don’t expect a blowout.

Edited by temptation

25 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

The predictor on the home page has Lutheran a 20 point favorite 

I'll take Adams Central. 

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

I don’t get credit for North Posey…I never thought they’d get past Triton Central who I thought was a clear front runner in 2A.

I like Lutheran by 2 scores…don’t expect a blowout.

Two scores meaning a touchdown and a safety? Or two touchdowns?

5 hours ago, RegionFBFan said:

Congrats to Snider and good luck in Indy. The better team won! 

I was at the CP vs Westfield game so I have not watched the Snider vs Merrillville game replay. From what I gather from other posts and newspaper articles, Merrillville D played well but offensive struggled. Not surprised by either.

Good season for Merrillville nothing to be ashamed of.

I would be interested in your thoughts after you watch the game. I'm not saying this just because Snider won, but it looked as if Snider had more talent across the O & D positions, maybe that is why they won?? I think Merrillville was some players going back next year, so if they can reload at some spots, they will be in mix next year as well. Things that I think made the difference was Sniders D handled the game well, their O line handled Merrillville's D line and Billingsley is a true dual threat. 

29 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I dont do food but kilroys is the place to be between the 2a 4a and 4a 6a games 

You're on a diet? 

32 minutes ago, temptation said:

Two possessions.

You just have to make it difficult don't you. 

2 hours ago, psaboy said:

I would be interested in your thoughts after you watch the game. I'm not saying this just because Snider won, but it looked as if Snider had more talent across the O & D positions, maybe that is why they won?? I think Merrillville was some players going back next year, so if they can reload at some spots, they will be in mix next year as well. Things that I think made the difference was Sniders D handled the game well, their O line handled Merrillville's D line and Billingsley is a true dual threat. 

I haven’t had time yet to watch. I’ll let you know. It sounds like Merrillville held up well until late 3rd quarter vs high scoring Snider team. Probably didn’t help Pirates when they lost Stephens in 1st quarter. Arguably, one of their better players and not that would have changed outcome.I was always concerned with Merrillville offense. QB is average at best. They needed to establish the run to have a chance. Obviously that didn’t happen.

40 minutes ago, RegionFBFan said:

I haven’t had time yet to watch. I’ll let you know. It sounds like Merrillville held up well until late 3rd quarter vs high scoring Snider team. Probably didn’t help Pirates when they lost Stephens in 1st quarter. Arguably, one of their better players and not that would have changed outcome.I was always concerned with Merrillville offense. QB is average at best. They needed to establish the run to have a chance. Obviously that didn’t happen.

Yea, I know it hurts when team loses key player like that earlier in game. Is he back next year? The M-ville QB hit a few good throws, certainly had some bad throws as well. That may have played into Sniders plan, letting him throw the ball vs blitzing alot. Kind of like basketball, let the poor shooter open for the 3 pointers. It seemed too that Snider D front could rush 3-4 and still get pressure on QB.

Interested in your thoughts on game. 

14 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Yea, I know it hurts when team loses key player like that earlier in game. Is he back next year? The M-ville QB hit a few good throws, certainly had some bad throws as well. That may have played into Sniders plan, letting him throw the ball vs blitzing alot. Kind of like basketball, let the poor shooter open for the 3 pointers. It seemed too that Snider D front could rush 3-4 and still get pressure on QB.

Interested in your thoughts on game. 

He is a senior and a State Champ. He played at Andrean freshman and sophomore years. Started as a Sophomore. Transferred to Merrillville last season. I think is getting D2 looks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RegionFBFan said:

He is a senior and a State Champ. He played at Andrean freshman and sophomore years. Started as a Sophomore. Transferred to Merrillville last season. I think is getting D2 looks.

Good for him, hope he recovers well. Odd that the main guy for Mishawaka went out last week after first few plays.

17 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Good for him, hope he recovers well. Odd that the main guy for Mishawaka went out last week after first few plays.

Dwengers leading tackler LB/RB1 was also injured during their contest...Snider lost a safety as well..dating lady luck is the only way to avoid the injury bug..