Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Crown Point (13-0) vs. Ben Davis (12-1) 6A State Championship

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Center Grove the last 4 years 51-4 and 59-10 the last 5 years (2019 8-6 lost to Carmel in State Championship 20-17, 2020 14-0 won State, 2021 14-0 won State, 2022 12-2 won State , 2023 11-2 lost to Ben Davis in OT of Semi-State). Not to mention CG has played one of the best schedules each year. I would place CG squarely at Number 2 dynasty. Had they beat Ben Davis likely would have surpassed the WC dynasty. They (Center Grove) also had a great run from 2011 through 2016. Coach Moore has built a strong dynasty at Center Grove.

Here are the Indiana Dynasty ratings from 2001 to today.

image.thumb.png.93a6ae127edaa2bf948edb9f4dc4369c.png 

Great work.  But even if CG had won 4 in a row I’m sticking with those Warren teams.

They were 56-4 and outside of the 4 games they lost, only 4 wins were one possession games.

6 hours ago, temptation said:

Back on topic…anybody have knowledge of a list of first year head coaches to win a state title?

I don’t but have to believe BD’s Russ Mann would be in a pretty prestigious group were they to win Saturday…

Rick Malone. Fountain Central 1983. 12-3 over Churubusco. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

image.thumb.png.93a6ae127edaa2bf948edb9f4dc4369c.png 

Can someone please tell CalPreps that Ben Davis is the full name of the school? I've tried. MaxPreps finally got it right a few years ago.

Ben Davis is named after a place which was named after a person. It's like Jim Thorpe, PA, for example. You wouldn't put Central (Warren) or Grove (Center) on there. OK, back to my Thanksgiving nap.

Edited by BDGiant93
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, temptation said:

Nope.  Sorry.  Not even close.

Why is that? From 2009 to 2012 Bishop Luers was 24-0 in the post season with only two games decided by less than 10 points. If that's not dominance, I'm not sure what is. Average margin of victory 26 points. 

Lafayette Central Catholic also went 24-0 during that same time period with the closest game being 10 points. Average margin of victory 36 points.

Warren Central was also 24-0 during their run. Only two games decided by less than 7 points. Average margin of victory 34 points. 

Looks to me like Lafayette Central Catholic is the winner here. 

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2023 at 12:40 PM, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Warren Central played BD Tough, Snider Whipped Warren Central, Snider barely survived Mishawaka. Penn easily beat Mishawaka, Crown Point Barely beat Penn. Does this mean CP and BD are about even? No Transitive Properties do not work in football.

I'm thinking if Penn and Mishawaka played later in the regular season, different game. I feel the first 1-2 games of the season are not a true indication of how season will go sometimes, maybe more so, than not??

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Why is that? From 2009 to 2012 Bishop Luers was 24-0 in the post season with only two games decided by less than 10 points. If that's not dominance, I'm not sure what is. Average margin of victory 26 points. 

Lafayette Central Catholic also went 24-0 during that same time period with the closest game being 10 points. Average margin of victory 36 points.

Warren Central was also 24-0 during their run. Only two games decided by less than 7 points. Average margin of victory 34 points. 

Looks to me like Lafayette Central Catholic is the winner here. 

C’mon.  You know why.

33 minutes ago, BTF said:

I really don't. Are we talking best team or dynasty. I thought the topic was dynasty. Let's take this to another thread. 

This will be a great off season topic.  But for now I’ll say this…

Level of competition HAS to matter in this particular instance.  You can’t compare what LCC/Luers accomplished to what Warren/CG did.

I love a good debate more than anyone as you know but this is an open and shut case.

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

This will be a great off season topic.  But for now I’ll say this…

Level of competition HAS to matter in this particular instance.  You can’t compare what LCC/Luers accomplished to what Warren/CG did.

I love a good debate more than anyone as you know but this is an open and shut case.

It is an open and shut case. Cathedral takes the cake. I'll start the new topic on Sunday. 

You're still thinking in terms of overall talent level. That's why we have a class system. I don't think you can disqualify a program for having a small enrollment. A dynasty is a dynasty, no matter the level of play. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BTF said:

It is an open and shut case. Cathedral takes the cake. I'll start the new topic on Sunday. 

You're still thinking in terms of overall talent level. That's why we have a class system. I don't think you can disqualify a program for having a small enrollment. A dynasty is a dynasty, no matter the level of play. 

Respect your passion my man.  Hope you had a good Thanksgiving and enjoy the games this weekend.

32 minutes ago, temptation said:

Respect your passion my man.  Hope you had a good Thanksgiving and enjoy the games this weekend.

Thanks, same to you. I'm heading out to what I think may be the best game of the finals this morning at 11am. I may be eating lots of crow on Sunday, but what the heck. It's all fun. 

11 hours ago, psaboy said:

I'm thinking if Penn and Mishawaka played later in the regular season, different game. I feel the first 1-2 games of the season are not a true indication of how season will go sometimes, maybe more so, than not??

If Penn and Mishawaka had their game in the last week of the season like they used to, I think Penn's margin of victory would either be the same if not a score larger.  The game was at Penn, and both teams got better, I don't think Mishawaka got 21 point better and Penn stayed the same.  Snider walked into hostile territory with limited experience with their opponent. Penn has the advantage of seeing their opponents style of play many times before. 

20 minutes ago, SIR IRISH said:

Question to the group, did Crown Point lose to Merrillville earlier in the season 39-6?  The string indicates that they are 13-0.  If this is in fact true, I hope they have improved since then!

CP beat the Ville 39-6

20 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Dammit Rod Dog..  I hate to be on your side.   

There is someone that absolutely has my heart down on Wayne Township.

I'll be rooting for cp foolishly from the north endzone

However I dont expect much

I always root against the usual suspects in 6a but they always end up winning

5/6 guessing state championships this year so far

6/6 last year

6/6 the year before and the year before that

Hell I ain't been wrong since David came in and upset goliath 

Good luck to the lone Region representative. Two years in a row for a DAC title after nothing since the disco era would be AMAZING, especially against the Giants. 

Last year was awesome for Valpo to bring a title to the north, but in all honesty, beating an upstart Whiteland doesn’t have the same sizzle as an MIC or HCC team, let alone Ben Davis. 

Edited by DACNUT

2 minutes ago, DACNUT said:

Last year was awesome for Valpo to bring a title to the north, but in all honesty, beating an upstart Whiteland doesn’t have the same sizzle as an MIC or HCC team, let alone Ben Davis. 

Agreed 

If CP won this game it might be the biggest win in DAC history

30 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I'll be rooting for cp foolishly from the north endzone

However I dont expect much

I always root against the usual suspects in 6a but they always end up winning

5/6 guessing state championships this year so far

6/6 last year

6/6 the year before and the year before that

Hell I ain't been wrong since David came in and upset goliath 

You are ONE vote less than 10 million when i get a chance...😀

Edited by Yuccaguy