Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Semi-State Scores

31 minutes ago, temptation said:

Chatard always seems to end HH’s season.  Sad honestly.

Chatard has "ended HH's season twice in the past decade and a half ... 2019 and 2007 ... prior to tonight.  Prior to tonight, Gibson Southern had killed HH's season three of the previous five seasons.

Edited by foxbat

I was sure when Westfield scored with 18 seconds to play that they would go for two, win it, and head back to LOS. For whatever reason, Coach Gilbert kicked the tying PAT, and they lose to CP in double OT. Westfield appeared to have all of the momentum. They had not stopped CP's running game all night. Kendall Garnett was finally cranking off nice runs. CP's defense looked a bit tired. But it is what it is. Congrats to CP, who will take on BD for the 6A championship next Saturday night at LOS. 

2 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Crickets from Temptation on this game. 

0-2 on the night in 6A.  Two classic OT games that could have gone either way.

Pretty cool that we get fresh geographical representation from the north in 6A for the second year in a row.  I’ve said for years that 6A central Indiana rematches/schools within 20 miles of monument circle playing for a state title is boring.  Congrats to CP.

Also cool a Penn guy is having Crown Point fight his battles and serve as the foundation for some sort of attempted trash talk.

Man, maybe Penn has fallen farther than I thought…

Edited by temptation

3 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Crickets from Temptation on this game. 

Sometimes it takes a few hours to let the shock subside. At the end of the day, there's some really good football up north. I'm not at all surprised by the outcome of this game, but it surprised me how many people weren't giving Crown Point a chance. I really felt this game could go either way. The only surprise in my opinion was how thoroughly Crown Point was dominating Westfield up until the later stages of the game. 

8 hours ago, BTF said:

HCC can't catch a break. 

Westfield ended up playing four of their last five games on the road, including three of four in the tournament. Unlucky draw I suppose as far as who gets to host these games. However, they had their shot. Unfortunately they got off to what Coach Gilbert said was an atrocious start. One fumble and one failed fake punt were a part of that. 

6 minutes ago, WestfieldRocks said:

Westfield ended up playing four of their last five games on the road, including three of four in the tournament. Unlucky draw I suppose as far as who gets to host these games. However, they had their shot. Unfortunately they got off to what Coach Gilbert said was an atrocious start. One fumble and one failed fake punt were a part of that. 

I've yet to see either of these teams in person, so it's really hard to give an opinion. I do know that some very good teams end their season earlier than what they should have, I've seen it plenty of times. Not really sure in this case. Either way, at the semi-state level, a pretty damn good team was going to lose last night in devastating fashion. Losing in overtime is painful when you're that close to Lucas. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, foxbat said:

Chatard has "ended HH's season twice in the past decade and a half ... 2019 and 2007 ... prior to tonight.  Prior to tonight, Gibson Southern had killed HH's season three of the previous five seasons.

Showing my age I guess…they ended their seasons annually in the early part of the century…

8 hours ago, BTF said:

I've yet to see either of these teams in person, so it's really hard to give an opinion. I do know that some very good teams end their season earlier than what they should have, I've seen it plenty of times. Not really sure in this case. Either way, at the semi-state level, a pretty damn good team was going to lose last night in devastating fashion. Losing in overtime is painful when you're that close to Lucas. 

Agreed

North Posey 14

Southmont 7

Halftime.

North Posey looked to be in control. They were up 14-0 when Southmont finally put together a drive that crossed into North Posey territory and scored with around 10 seconds left in the first half.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sr1 said:

North Posey 14

Southmont 7

Halftime.

North Posey looked to be in control. They were up 14-0 when Southmont finally put together a drive that crossed into North Posey territory and scored with around 10 seconds left in the first half.

Absolutley, NO updates for this game going on...  Thank you @sr1

North Posey 17

Southmont 7

5:23 to go in the 3rd. 

Southmont had the ball to start the 3rd. Went -2 yards and punted.

North Posey started on the 50 after the punt. Drove down the field and appeared to score a TD from maybe the 1 yardline. Called back for holding. Same kid runs it in again this time from around the 10 or 11 yard line. Illegal motion calls this one back. North Posey settles for a field goal to go up 17-7

3 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

I listened to game and purty sure score was 37-7...

You are right. The score was 37-7. I was watching the IHSAATV broadcast and they showed the score as 36-7 however that was the score before the last extra point attempt which was blocked somewhat but still got over the crossbar to make it 37-7.

6 minutes ago, sr1 said:

You are right. The score was 37-7. I was watching the IHSAATV broadcast and they showed the score as 36-7 however that was the score before the last extra point attempt which was blocked somewhat but still got over the crossbar to make it 37-7.

Yippee ! I'm finally right !  [backflip, backflip, backflip, backflip with 2 1/2 twists in the pike position.......stuck the landing !]

• Like 1