Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Westfield vs cp

7 minutes ago, IHSAA Champions Network said:

How does the IHSAA predict the eventual matchup in advance so sites can be ready?  Which schools are prepared to re-mobilize their de-winterized press boxes and rest rooms, recall staff and volunteers?  Which schools, on a Monday's notice would be able to re-stock the concession stands.  Finally, which schools who have a girls basketball game scheduled are prepared to cancel that game to re-assign ticket takers, parking attendants and staff?   It's much easier to suggest this than implement it, isn't it?

Those are all good points that the average fan doesn't see. 

What are the IHSAA's thoughts on seeding the sectionals? If nothing else, for ticket revenue alone. Keeping things the way they are more than likely hurts the overall ticket gate. 

1 minute ago, RegionFBFan said:

I have an idea. Pick up the phone and call your peers in Ohio and ask them how they do it. All of your questions can and have been resolved elsewhere!

Are we not capable as a State to figure it out? Yes we are but you have to want to first!!

Where there's a will, there's a way. We as a society are satisfied with the status quo............unfortunately. 

29 minutes ago, IHSAA Champions Network said:

How does the IHSAA predict the eventual matchup in advance so sites can be ready?  Which schools are prepared to re-mobilize their de-winterized press boxes and rest rooms, recall staff and volunteers?  Which schools, on a Monday's notice would be able to re-stock the concession stands.  Finally, which schools who have a girls basketball game scheduled are prepared to cancel that game to re-assign ticket takers, parking attendants and staff?   It's much easier to suggest this than implement it, isn't it?

Agree 100%. It is far from simple. I think it would hurst attendance too.

Edited by tango

Not only that, the home schools is expecting the revenue from concessions which can be massive.  Local restaurants, hotels and business enjoy the economic benefits.  Fans only think about themselves and are not in tune with the 'business' aspect and financial challenges of schools and communities.

Edited by IHSAA Champions Network

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Those are all good points that the average fan doesn't see. 

What are the IHSAA's thoughts on seeding the sectionals? If nothing else, for ticket revenue alone. Keeping things the way they are more than likely hurts the overall ticket gate. 

Where there's a will, there's a way. We as a society are satisfied with the status quo............unfortunately. 

What metric and what process is used to seed?  Should Sagarin ratings be used?  BTW, Sagarin is an algorithm that only 1 living human being understands and that human being will eventually expire.  Seeding is used in States where not 'everyone' gets invited to participate.  Also, the IFCA has had the opportunity to suggest a seeding proposal.  It is possible that there are as many coaches against it as are for it?  How does this affect the gate, since the gate is handed back to the schools.  Seeding is normally brought up by folks whose team draws a bad ping pong ball but who are silent when their draw is favorable.  

If seeding using Sagarin is used, what would be the regular season strategy of teams?  Would Bud Wright at Sheridan schedule 9 weeks of 6A teams entering the tournament at 0-9 but ranked #1 in 1A?  Would 6A and 5A schools ditch 1-4A teams to avoid lowering their ranking...even with a win?

SImple people suggest apparently simple changes without any next-next thinking of the ramifications.  Simple suggestions generally are to support their team, not the sport in it's entirety.

BTW, we only broadcast games...not a rule making entity.

Edited by IHSAA Champions Network

On 11/16/2023 at 1:28 PM, temptation said:

Penn has ONE win on the road in the tournament against a central Indy team in the last 15 years.

HSE traveled to Carroll last year...

Snider won AT Westfield in 2014...can't find any other examples...

What are you even talking about?

Where Did he say anything about "In the Tournament" ??? We all know you like to add content to fit your narrative. 

7 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Where Did he say anything about "In the Tournament" ??? We all know you like to add content to fit your narrative. 

It was implied.  Just stop.  It’s a thread giving predictions about a tournament game.

Other than Penn who even COMES to central Indy regularly?

1 hour ago, IHSAA Champions Network said:

SImple people suggest apparently simple changes without any next-next thinking of the ramifications.  Simple suggestions generally are to support their team, not the sport in its entirety.

What a bunch of bull!! No one is suggesting there aren’t complicated issues to solve. The point is it works elsewhere, it can be done, issues can be resolved and have been resolved. However,  Simple people don’t have the desire to explore or reach out to others. It’s called continuous improvement to a great sport in our great state. I don’t get the obvious resistance to even explore and try! 

Many of the issues/ concerns you state are hypothetical anyway, Specifically, attendance and revenue. You don’t know that for a fact because we haven’t done it. I’m sure Ohio has tracked all of these changes the impacts. Ask them! What did they see and how did they address?

what makes it frustrating is we already do it in a number of sports in Indiana. It  obviously can be done.

Lastly as I stated at the beginning, It’s about fair and balanced competition for the players, coaches and teams. It’s should not always be about the money!

1 hour ago, IHSAA Champions Network said:

1. What metric and what process is used to seed?  Should Sagarin ratings be used?

2. Seeding is used in States where not 'everyone' gets invited to participate. 

3. It is possible that there are as many coaches against it as are for it?  

4. How does this affect the gate, since the gate is handed back to the schools.  

5. Seeding is normally brought up by folks whose team draws a bad ping pong ball but who are silent when their draw is favorable.  

6. If seeding using Sagarin is used, what would be the regular season strategy of teams?  

7. Simple people suggest apparently simple changes without any next-next thinking of the ramifications. 

8. BTW, we only broadcast games...not a rule making entity.

1. Select a committee to determine seeds. Volunteers, wouldn't even have to pay them. Not that hard. Sagarin should only be considered as a basis for those on the committee. It would be up to each individual which metrics they use to make a determination. Sagarin has too many flaws to be the 'end all be all.' 

2. Not sure what that has to do with OUR tournament. 

3. Yes, 50/50. Those with sub 500 records against and vise versa. 

4. That's a self serving attitude. The extra gate revenue goes toward that school's athletic department. Money doesn't grow on trees. 

5. Two of the best teams in the nation should NEVER play one another in the first round. 

6. To run up the score. Therefore, don't allow Sagarin to be the deciding factor. 

7. That's a pretty bold statement. 

8. Keep up the good work. 

2 hours ago, temptation said:

It was implied.  Just stop.  It’s a thread giving predictions about a tournament game.

Other than Penn who even COMES to central Indy regularly?

It was implied maybe in your warped mind .I'll give you another one. He said "over the years" and you said in the last 15 years. Again adding things to fit your narrative. He could of been talking about 30-40 years. Let me guess , he was implying 15 years?

Is it just me or does it seem as if when IHSAA Champions Network replies to a post, they come across as confrontational, condescending or beyond reproach?  As if we should just stay in our lane, not as questions or have suggestions and we(IHSAA) are the professionals and you're not.  Idk, maybe I just read their replies wrong.

Edited by Cavemenfb38
Add word
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

It was implied maybe in your warped mind .I'll give you another one. He said "over the years" and you said in the last 15 years. Again adding things to fit your narrative. He could have been talking about 30-40 years. Let me guess , he was implying 15 years?

You start pulling boxscores up from the 80s and I’ll concede, lol.

You’re a bitter old man.  Hit MCL.

2 hours ago, Cavemenfb38 said:

Is it just me or does it seem as if when IHSAA Champions Network replies to a post, they come across as confrontational, condescending or beyond reproach?  As if we should just stay in our lane, not as questions or have suggestions and we(IHSAA) are the professionals and you're not.  Idk, maybe I just read their replies wrong.

No kidding. Completely agree.

I would be happy to redesign a tournament that would be "fair" to all for the ihsaa

I can put all the work into seeding properly on my own using my patented 'just say someone is better' technology

I will leverage seeding in future tournaments to convince schools to host neutral site games while pocketing all of the gate fees myself

Also were gonna start selling beer at games and remove the success factor + mercy rule

2 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I would be happy to redesign a tournament that would be "fair" to all for the ihsaa

I can put all the work into seeding properly on my own using my patented 'just say someone is better' technology

I will leverage seeding in future tournaments to convince schools to host neutral site games while pocketing all of the gate fees myself

Also were gonna start selling beer at games and remove the success factor + mercy rule

Maybe penalize a team somehow for putting 2nd and 3rd stringers in?

On 11/18/2023 at 11:54 AM, RegionFBFan said:

what makes it frustrating is we already do it in a number of sports in Indiana. It  obviously can be done.

In baseball, basketball, etc, the IHSAA already has the neutral Semistate sites lined up months before the tournament begins. Once the Semistate competitors in each class have been determined, then the IHSAA decides which teams go to which sites based (mostly?) on travel distance. If the IHSAA wanted neutral sites for football, they could do it-- but I don't see that happening.

Regarding seeding, I was on the fence until my local team (Franklin Central) unluckily drew the 3-time State Champs Center Grove for sectional game 1 in 2021, 2022, 2023 & counting. So I am a proponent for seeding now. However, based on past history & Commissioner Neidig's public statements (to me, he is saying "No" without actually saying "No"), I just don't think seeding will ever happen. Also, I believe that if the IHSAA seeds for any team sport, they must also seed for all team sports. Football & Basketball have existing Sagarin ratings-- other sports do not.