Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A State Championship: Bishop Chatard (14-0) vs. Heritage Hills (13-1)

49 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Give them time 

2 random jerks? 2 particular jerks? I guess that really depends on the total number of jerks who are on this site then you narrow it down to the number of jerks who care about the 3A final. I think you have to carry the two i there somewhere then multiply by the number of mythical state championships that would have ben won by some random single A team in 1937. Then divide that by the “effective enrollment” multiplier. Then add 100%. But that’s just, like, my opinion, man.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Cali23 said:

2007 - yes, Zach Martin was on that team.

I’d be interested to know how the folks down south feel this 2023 HH team stacks up against the 2019 HH team.  I thought that 2019 team came was a juggernaut when they came to Indy, undefeated, I think.  And most BC supporters certainly did not expect the score to be so lopsided.  Do they still run the same offense?

also, what’s the over/under on number of posts before this thread devolves into another P/P vs. public school debate?

This HH squad can throw the ball a little bit more than what I've seen in the past. The Goldsberry kid is explosive. Decent size in the trenches. I haven't seen either team enough to be able to anything more than a gut prediction as how this matchup might go though. BC sure looked good in the Cathedral game. 

11 hours ago, Just a dad said:

2 random jerks? 2 particular jerks? I guess that really depends on the total number of jerks who are on this site then you narrow it down to the number of jerks who care about the 3A final. I think you have to carry the two i there somewhere then multiply by the number of mythical state championships that would have ben won by some random single A team in 1937. Then divide that by the “effective enrollment” multiplier. Then add 100%. But that’s just, like, my opinion, man.

I’m so confused. I swear to God I am 

I think this will be an awesome game. Tons of respect for HH. The Jungle looked like an awesome atmosphere on Friday night.

Is Goldsberry ok? I read he went down late in the game vs. GS. Hope he’s good to go. Safe travels north, Patriots! 

1 hour ago, Sledge said:

I think this will be an awesome game. Tons of respect for HH. The Jungle looked like an awesome atmosphere on Friday night.

Is Goldsberry ok? I read he went down late in the game vs. GS. Hope he’s good to go. Safe travels north, Patriots! 

We pulled a 7th grader up to play QB.  Prepare accordingly.  

• Haha 1

Heritage Hills is, frankly, one of the greatest 3A programs in Indiana HS football history.  Anyone unaware or disrespectful of this, is apparently one of those  "expert" Facebook posters....or much worse.

With that, this is a pretty darn good Chatard team.  Although known for their defense, they scored 4 TDs - 28 pts on only 9 offensive plays v. Knox  and 35 pts on 14 offensive plays v. Knox prior to half time. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Lysander said:

With that, this is a pretty darn good Chatard team.  Although known for their defense, they scored 4 TDs - 28 pts on only 9 offensive plays v. Knox  and 35 pts on 14 offensive plays v. Knox prior to half time. 

This reminds me of my first introduction to Chatard with my graduating class in 2012 lol.  Believe that meeting finished 56-6…every time Chatard touched the ball it was perfect execution and big gains. 

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

Heritage Hills is, frankly, one of the greatest 3A programs in Indiana HS football history.  Anyone unaware or disrespectful of this, is apparently one of those  "expert" Facebook posters....or much worse.

I appreciate the words.  Everyone on this end understands the buzzsaw we are running into.....the speech has already been given to shut out all the media and frankly those in the community that see it as an impossible feat.  In 2019 the boys were being congratulated on a great season before the game in Indy was even played.  They were defeated mentally before they got there.  I'll steal one from the Gibson Southern playbook here...."IB".

• Like 4

Bluto: What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...

It ain't over now, 'cause when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'. Who's with me? Let's go! Come on!...

IYKYK

I’ll always have a soft spot for the underdog in a big game.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

I appreciate the words.  Everyone on this end understands the buzzsaw we are running into.....the speech has already been given to shut out all the media and frankly those in the community that see it as an impossible feat.  In 2019 the boys were being congratulated on a great season before the game in Indy was even played.  They were defeated mentally before they got there.  I'll steal one from the Gibson Southern playbook here...."IB".

The biggest thing that has separatedv the success of recent HH teams and those of the past is perfection. I was a bit worried that we had lost the recipe for success. We were winning but not dominating. I really like looking at the sidelines now and it is full of former coaches, teammates, and fellow alum. People like Coach Winchell coming back is the excellence needed and expected. (Yes watch out... HH will have a Goldsberry and Winchell on the same field for three years after this.)

There's no team I'd rather have to match up with in the state championship than Bishop Chatard. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

The biggest thing that has separatedv the success of recent HH teams and those of the past is perfection. I was a bit worried that we had lost the recipe for success. We were winning but not dominating. I really like looking at the sidelines now and it is full of former coaches, teammates, and fellow alum. People like Coach Winchell coming back is the excellence needed and expected. (Yes watch out... HH will have a Goldsberry and Winchell on the same field for three years after this.)

There's no team I'd rather have to match up with in the state championship than Bishop Chatard. 

There is a certain “perfection” in the match that largely represents (in the broadest sense) the last 20-24 years in 3A….not to belittle many other great teams but it is hard to think of Chatard without also thinking of a Heritage Hills over the last 20 years.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

It’s about time IB gets used correctly on here 

21 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Faces and playmakers for Chatard? 

I'm trying to think how many HH athletes have multiple state finals appearance... Goldsberry already with wrestling and football (assuming he plays...) Not sure if his uncle made state in wrestling.

🐢

Senior heavy.  Kinnett (RB), Guy (WR/S), Arteaga (QB), Feeney (LB/TE), Purichia (LB/RB), Keating (CB), Woods (OL/DL), Campbell (OL/DL).  I'm sure I'm missing some deserving names on here.  But lot of senior contributors.   Maybe 1-2 D1 commits.  Nobody that will wow the scouts, but a lot of solid players making a solid team.