Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A State Championship: Bishop Chatard (14-0) vs. Heritage Hills (13-1)

Some history between these 2, some one score heartbreakers with just one win by HH and before this digresses into another "this football game carries the stench of Rome" thread, lets look at the history:

Heritage Hills 13-1 VS. Indianapolis Chatard 14-0

This is the 9th meeting between Heritage Hills and Chatard and the Trojans lead the series 7-1.

The first meeting between these 2 schools was in the 1997 Regional, The next 6 meetings were in the
South Semi State and this will be the 2nd meeting in the state finals.

Heritage Hills lone victory in the series came in 2004, The Trojans came into that game as a heavy favorite
and were the 3 time defending 3A state champs winning the title the previous 3 seasons. In that game Chatard
led 10-0 after the first quarter, Heritage Hills added a Jace Morrison field goal in the 2nd quarter and trailed
10-3 at halftime. The Patriots had a long clock killing drive in the 3rd quarter and tied it up with 2:29
remaining in the 3rd on a Bryce Pund 2-yard touchdown run. Neither team was able to muster much offense in
the 4th quarter before Jace Morrison kicked a 38-yard field goal with 8.3 sceonds left to seal the victory.

Series
1997 Indianapolis Chatard 24 Heritage Hills 21
2001 Indianapolis Chatard 34 Heritage Hills 14
2002 Indianapolis Chatard 35 Heritage Hills 28
2003 Indy Chatard 24 Heritage Hills 3
2004 Heritage Hills 13 Indianapolis Chatard 10
2005 Indianapolis Chatard 21 Heritage Hills 20 Overtime
2007 Indianapolis Chatard 28 Heritage Hills 17
2019 Indianapolis Chatard 34 Heritage Hills 3
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Some history between these 2, some one score heartbreakers with just one win by HH and before this digresses into another "this football game carries the stench of Rome" thread, lets look at the history:

This is the 9th meeting between Heritage Hills and Chatard and the Trojans lead the series 7-1.

The first meeting between these 2 schools was in the 1997 Regional, The next 6 meetings were in the

Heritage Hills lone victory in the series came in 2004, The Trojans came into that game as a heavy favorite
and were the 3 time defending 3A state champs winning the title the previous 3 seasons. In that game Chatard
led 10-0 after the first quarter, Heritage Hills added a Jace Morrison field goal in the 2nd quarter and trailed
10-3 at halftime. The Patriots had a long clock killing drive in the 3rd quarter and tied it up with 2:29
remaining in the 3rd on a Bryce Pund 2-yard touchdown run. Neither team was able to muster much offense in
the 4th quarter before Jace Morrison kicked a 38-yard field goal with 8.3 sceonds left to seal the victory.

Series

Yep, I am old.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Series

Pretty sure there are some members on this forum that played on that 2004 HH team 

2007…was that the Martin Chatard years?

2007 - yes, Zach Martin was on that team.

I’d be interested to know how the folks down south feel this 2023 HH team stacks up against the 2019 HH team.  I thought that 2019 team came was a juggernaut when they came to Indy, undefeated, I think.  And most BC supporters certainly did not expect the score to be so lopsided.  Do they still run the same offense?

also, what’s the over/under on number of posts before this thread devolves into another P/P vs. public school debate?

After a one year dalliance with Air Doyel it looks like Chatard has returned to their “run the ball and play stingy defense” roots. The starting defense is good. Real good. I’’m not sure if Knox gained 100 yards on the starters before the mass substitutions started in the beginning of the third quarter. The running game is mostly between the tackles and has a little bit of speed but nothing game changing. The passing game does just enough to keep the opposing defense honest. 

Does anyone have a quick synopsis of what HH brings?

4 minutes ago, Cali23 said:

I’d be interested to know how the folks down south feel this 2023 HH team stacks up against the 2019 HH team.  I thought that 2019 team came was a juggernaut when they came to Indy, undefeated, I think.  And most BC supporters certainly did not expect the score to be so lopsided.  Do they still run the same offense?

also, what’s the over/under on number of posts before this thread devolves into another P/P vs. public school debate?

If we include your post then 4. Exactly 4 posts til P/P was mentioned.

58 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Series

That was a travesty…one of- if not THE best HH team in a storied history- and turn the ball over 5 times and still almost beat a good Chatard team. Such a shame…that 02 team was State Champ good 

26 minutes ago, tango said:

And in 2008. 

Typical memorial fan.  

No matter what two teams are playing, a memorial fan will always find a way to include themselves and point at some thing they did.

Memorial fans would get more pats on the back if their hands weren’t in the way so much 😂

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

23 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Typical memorial fan.  

No matter what two teams are playing, a memorial fan will always find a way to include themselves and point at some thing they did.

Memorial fans would get more pats on the back if their hands weren’t in the way so much 😂

Yikes. Lighten up, Francis. No one mentioned Memorial until you did. 

Zack Martin was a junior in 2007 and senior in 2008. His younger brother, Nick was a junior in 2009 and senior in 2010.

So to answer the ‘Martin’ years question, the answer is yes. Assuming you meant the older brother. 

Edited by oldtimeqb

2 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

Series

Thanks for the detailed recap.  I was there as a spectator for all of these games except the 1997 game.  Despite the 7-1 Chatard series lead, almost all of these games could have had a different outcome if the ball bounced the other way on one or two plays.  This series could easily be 4-4.  Always had tons of respect for the HH program and how they are seemingly always in the mix in November.  Looking forward to another great game!

I haven't seen the Patriots play this year, but it sounds like they spread it out a little more than the old wishbone/option days?  Must be pretty good defensively too with how they were able to slow down the GS offense last night?  

52 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Typical memorial fan.  

LOL, whatever dude... 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Zack Martin was a junior in 2007 and senior in 2008. His younger brother, Nick was a junior in 2009 and senior in 2010.

So to answer the ‘Martin’ years question, the answer is yes. Assuming you meant the older brother. 

I forgot about the younger brother. Did he also go to ND? NFL? Zach Martin is still the biggest HS player I've ever seen in person. Just huge!

44 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

It’s a joke lol…and if you understood what he was saying you wouldn’t question it 😂  what do you think happened in 2008 to make a random memorial fan care about what years the Martin brothers played for Chatard?🤣😂🤣😂

13 minutes ago, tango said:

I forgot about the younger brother. Did he also go to ND? NFL? Zach Martin is still the biggest HS player I've ever seen in person. Just huge!

Nick Martin played for the Texans for a while. No idea if he is still playing…he probably is cuz Zach is still playing for the cowboys 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

1 hour ago, tango said:

Yes.  Nick went to ND also.  And the oldest brother, Josh, is the head coach of the Chatard freshmen team.  

• Like 1

I’ll get this started.  

What I want:
Heritage Hills 28 Chatard 24

What I think is more likely:        
Chatard 35 Heritage Hills 21 

this is clearly one of the more special Chatard teams because it takes A LOT to go undefeated with their schedule….And Heritage Hills is pretty young.  If Jett can take over and establish himself as the best player on the field…I think there is a chance.

2 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’ll get this started.  

What I want:
Heritage Hills 28 Chatard 24

What I think is more likely:        
Chatard 35 Heritage Hills 21 

this is clearly one of the more special Chatard teams because it takes A LOT to go undefeated with their schedule….And Heritage Hills is pretty young.  If Jett can take over and establish himself as the best player on the field…I think there is a chance.

Yeah, the fact that they went undefeated in the regular season isn't lost on anybody in Lincoln City.

5 hours ago, TheDoctor22 said:

Thanks for the detailed recap.  I was there as a spectator for all of these games except the 1997 game.  Despite the 7-1 Chatard series lead, almost all of these games could have had a different outcome if the ball bounced the other way on one or two plays.  This series could easily be 4-4.  Always had tons of respect for the HH program and how they are seemingly always in the mix in November.  Looking forward to another great game!

I haven't seen the Patriots play this year, but it sounds like they spread it out a little more than the old wishbone/option days?  Must be pretty good defensively too with how they were able to slow down the GS offense last night?  

Yeah, we  have a different look offensively than the old days.

6 hours ago, Cali23 said:

This is a totally different look, as BC coaches will clearly see, we have jettisoned the flexbone.  That offense was put together for Cole Sigler, who was a special athlete that couldn't throw well.  We dumped that offense.  Jett is a dual threat 1000+ passer, 1000+ runner.  Dangerous when you flush him.  This is a different look than 2019.  We still run the wishbone every now and then....some of old guys get a tear in the eye when they do.  BUT THEY DON'T RUN IT AS WELL AS 25 YEARS AGO DADGUMIT!  🙂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

It’s a joke lol…and if you understood what he was saying you wouldn’t question it 😂  what do you think happened in 2008 to make a random memorial fan care about what years the Martin brothers played for Chatard?🤣😂🤣😂

You can't read between the lines of a one line comment. What I was saying is he played in 2008. If I wanted to say more I could have.

1 minute ago, tango said:

You can't read between the lines of a one line comment. What I was saying is he played in 2008. If I wanted to say more I could have.

???

This is cute

what made you feel like you had to restate the very obvious of what “and in 2008” meant? Now you want to be on the offense and say “I only meant that!!!!” 

that comment got to ya didn’t it lol…

ahahahahahahh 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

???

This is cute

what made you feel like you had to restate the very obvious of what “and in 2008” meant? Now you want to be on the offense and say “I only meant that!!!!” 

that comment got to ya didn’t it lol…

ahahahahahahh 😂😂😂

Yep, you got to me Dumfries.