Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2023

3 minutes ago, Dawgs said:

Give Bosse coaching staff the talent Reitz has, they’ll still be playing. Can’t give coach of the year to someone who has all those transfers and can’t win when it matters. Now Hurley, I agree with. 

One thing I’ve appreciated about Bosse throughout the struggles they’ve had in recent years — with very few kids coming out, etc. — is that those kids show up every game and compete hard until the whistle blows.

I’ve even remarked to people I was with more than once that, as an opposing fan, I was proud of them.  It would be so easy to just hang your heads and phone it in.

Coaching has to be a part of that.

Hurley has transfers too and I've been told that the Bosse coach and the Harrison coach has gotten into it many times over the transfers that leave Harrison to go to Bosse.  Reitz just won the conference back to back years by the biggest margin ever.  Levi Salters should be mad.  Best record that Vincennes has had in the conference and did it without there QB the past few games.  What about last year, maybe they should have gave the coach of the year award to Coach Sutton.  They won 3 games and 1 of them was against Jasper at Jasper.  

40 minutes ago, MHS4Life said:

Hurley has transfers too and I've been told that the Bosse coach and the Harrison coach has gotten into it many times over the transfers that leave Harrison to go to Bosse.  Reitz just won the conference back to back years by the biggest margin ever.  Levi Salters should be mad.  Best record that Vincennes has had in the conference and did it without there QB the past few games.  What about last year, maybe they should have gave the coach of the year award to Coach Sutton.  They won 3 games and 1 of them was against Jasper at Jasper.  

Besides Rode, who else transferred to Memorial?

1 minute ago, MHS4Life said:

Bryant, Johnson, Kendrick, Vaughn and probably a few others.  Most of these grew up in another school district and then transferred to Memorial in High School.

What you’re describing is not a transfer.

Both Bryant cousins, yes, did transfer to Memorial.

1 minute ago, MHS4Life said:

Whatever you say Boss.

Words have specific definitions.  They’re not up for debate, opinion, interpretation.

A transfer is when a kid moves from one IHSAA member HS to another one - not when they go from a particular grade school or Jr High to a HS.

This isn’t my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Words have specific definitions.  They’re not up for debate, opinion, interpretation.

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean – neither more nor less.”

Lewis Carrol’s Through the Looking Glass😅😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bobref said:

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean – neither more nor less.”

Lewis Carrol’s Through the Looking Glass😅😂🤣

I must say...when I woke up this morning, I surely didn't expect to find Lewis Carrol quotes on GID.  Well done!

• Thanks 1

So with the new reclassing...any thoughts on what the sectional changes would be?

In 3A, Memorial would surely go to sectional 30 with Gibson Southern. Which team gets moved out of that sectional and where? I'm guessing it would be West Vigo or Owen Valley.

In 4A, who takes Memorial's spot in sectional 24? By distance, Silver Creek would be the closest but Northview has been in it before and could return? Who takes East Central's spot in sectional 23? Which sectional does Chatard go to and are they in the north or south? 

Just some things to think about for next season. In both 3A and 4A, they finally got all the sectionals to an even 8 teams, so I assume they will try to stick with that and avoid byes. But presumably they will have to move some teams around to make the distances make sense.

It wouldn't surprise me if they let Sectional 24 just go from 8 to 7 teams bc there really isn't anyone close enough to add. IMO, what happens in 3A is a crap shoot, but it seems the most logical move would be Ev. Memorial to Sectional 30 and move West Vigo, which might cause bit of a domino effect to move someone to replace Chatard in Sectional 28. I wish there was a way to get HH, SR, GS and Memorial all in the same Sectional, which would be a tough Sectional but great for the fans.

2 minutes ago, tango said:

wish there was a way to get HH, SR, GS and Memorial all in the same Sectional, which would be a tough Sectional but great for the fans.

Part of me agrees but getting to watch HH/GS in a semi state game was pretty special. 

• Like 1

My guess is Sectional 24 will stay at the 7 remaining teams.

Pike Central, Southridge, and West Vigo were all close to the bottom of 3A. Within 10 or so students of dropping to 2A.  So that could change things as well.  I always felt like both SR/HH were a package deal for sectional alignments, so just HH might get pulled back to SW IN.

But a safe assumption would be West Vigo moves up to 28 to replace Chatard should everyone else stay put. 

37 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

My guess is Sectional 24 will stay at the 7 remaining teams.

Pike Central, Southridge, and West Vigo were all close to the bottom of 3A. Within 10 or so students of dropping to 2A.  So that could change things as well.  I always felt like both SR/HH were a package deal for sectional alignments, so just HH might get pulled back to SW IN.

But a safe assumption would be West Vigo moves up to 28 to replace Chatard should everyone else stay put. 

I have heard Pike is coming down to 2A, Southridge will stay up and I have no idea about West Vigo

On 11/21/2023 at 12:24 PM, Cappy said:

I have heard Pike is coming down to 2A, Southridge will stay up and I have no idea about West Vigo

How could you know which side of the line Pike Central will fall when we have no idea where such a line will be? Also, there is no real line. More like stacking decks of cards.

Pike Central talk in November?  First for everything. 

• Haha 1

West vigo would not go to 28.  They would go to 29 and 29 would move someone north…assuming logical choices by the ihsaa and minimal enrollment changes which includes west vigo. 

I would guess that speedway/tri west would move to 28 to fill that void…and it’s probably speedway because Danville/triwest/ Webo/crawfordsville are already kinda a thing.

Imo…the biggest issue with 3A and it’s bracket is the region…specifically Lafayette.  There are a lot of big schools in the region and tons of tiny 2A/1A schools….some years WL is paired with Indy teams…some years they have to play Hanover/Calumet. It’s kind of a no man’s land for 3A.  

• Like 1