Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PLAC-MSC 2023

38 minutes ago, jets said:

I've seen a lot of Paoli picks on here , and understandably - they did win your conference. BUT, and it's probably just my PAC bias here - but I've been on this NP team since we played them in week 8. They are legit. Big, strong, fast. I would be shocked if they dropped this one to Paoli. (Paoli lost to Boonville.....we (SR) handled Boonville...and NP got us this year by a TD) - best of luck to both teams tonight. 

For me I just did it because @JQWL would and I have to beat him in pick ems. I hope it's a good game but North Posey is favored for good reason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jets said:

I've seen a lot of Paoli picks on here , and understandably - they did win your conference. BUT, and it's probably just my PAC bias here - but I've been on this NP team since we played them in week 8. They are legit. Big, strong, fast. I would be shocked if they dropped this one to Paoli. (Paoli lost to Boonville.....we (SR) handled Boonville...and NP got us this year by a TD) - best of luck to both teams tonight. 

NP is undoubtedly the best team they have faced since week 1...but a lot has happened in the last 11 weeks.

Hard to tell just how good Paoli is just by looking at their schedule.  NP definitely wins the SOS battle.

Paoli did beat Forest Park 50-14 last week. NP got them earlier this year 41-7. To me that is a better gauge on what to expect tonight.

I'm excited to see how it turns out. JH has it 38-24 favoring NP and I think that's fair.

Welp boys seasons over for us. Thanks for the convos. Look forward to 24 where hopefully our teams can sharpen each other up and win some titles. Thanks to all the coaches who provide insight on their teams. Always fun to hear about all the kids. Im sure we will have a 24 thread up soon enough!! Congrats to Paoli, Valley and Pekin on making it to finals tonight even if the draw reallllllly helped 1 of them. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

We play Eastern Pekin Week 3 in varsity at home. 

We can travel on 9/7 --- which is also Labor Day weekend. I assume we could host, as well, if needed. 

If interested.. you can DM me on here, or contact Coach May at rmay@btownccs.k12.in.us 

are you looking for a JV game?

6 minutes ago, JQWL said:

are you looking for a JV game?

Yeah lol 

22 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

We play Eastern Pekin Week 3 in varsity at home. 

We can travel on 9/7 --- which is also Labor Day weekend. I assume we could host, as well, if needed. 

If interested.. you can DM me on here, or contact Coach May at rmay@btownccs.k12.in.us 

Sorry sorry. For a JV game

Edited by btownqbcoach1

IFCA Senior/Junior All-State Teams were announced over the weekend.

Senior Team 1A

Konner Chase-DB Springs Valley

Larron Childers-LB Springs Valley

Senior Team 2A

Trey Rominger-RB Paoli

Ryan Branaman-DL Brownstown

Junior Team 1A

Kayce Jones-DL Springs Valley

Junior Team 2A

Owen Wischmeier-LB Brownstown

Micah Sheffer-P Brownstown

Fletcher Cole-DB Paoli

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Eastern Pekin looking for a new football coach. Good SR class....not much coming up from what I've seen. 

Maybe some of those kids can come to West side of county. 😂😂

Pekin had a good SR class this past year or will have a good SR class in '24?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1bYMTnbetTf6n1WlRqudBX6WJ6X8YGQE&ll=38.581727596860034%2C-87.00908379867599&z=8

I propose something similar to this every year. Going to keep at it until it happens. I'm a really big fan of what the PAC has done with their Big/Small Divisions. We should steal this idea. Unfortunately, Perry Central I'm sending you to the Small PAC but I think it would be a great fit. Almost everyone would be on Central Time. Almost everyone is right off 64. 

MSC Big Division (Charlestown, Corydon, North Harrison, Brownstown, Scottsburg, Madison, Silver Creek)

MSC Small Division (Eastern, Crawford County, Mitchell, Paoli, Springs Valley, West Washington, Salem)

Everyone would have 6 conference games and 3 non-conference teams.

I haven't figured it up but I bet the travel expenses would be less with this as well.

Also, this would create a really fun 16 team conference for other sports with Austin and Orleans being non-football schools.

I don't know much about wrestling but this might help the PLAC wrestling schools as well.

12 minutes ago, JQWL said:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1bYMTnbetTf6n1WlRqudBX6WJ6X8YGQE&ll=38.581727596860034%2C-87.00908379867599&z=8

I propose something similar to this every year. Going to keep at it until it happens. I'm a really big fan of what the PAC has done with their Big/Small Divisions. We should steal this idea. Unfortunately, Perry Central I'm sending you to the Small PAC but I think it would be a great fit. Almost everyone would be on Central Time. Almost everyone is right off 64. 

MSC Big Division (Charlestown, Corydon, North Harrison, Brownstown, Scottsburg, Madison, Silver Creek)

MSC Small Division (Eastern, Crawford County, Mitchell, Paoli, Springs Valley, West Washington, Salem)

I haven't figured it up but I bet the travel expenses would be less with this as well.

Also, this would create a really fun 16 team conference for other sports with Austin and Orleans being non-football schools.

I don't know much about wrestling but this might help the PLAC wrestling schools as well.

Who all in PLAC has wrestling? I only know of WW and Mitchell. 

Also under this proposal our schedule changes 0. So....not sure I feel 1 way or another. Haha

37 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Who all in PLAC has wrestling? I only know of WW and Mitchell. 

Also under this proposal our schedule changes 0. So....not sure I feel 1 way or another. Haha

Overall, there wouldn't be a ton of changes. I'd like to involve Clarksville somehow but I left them out.

WW, Paoli, Mitchell do for sure have wrestling. Crawford County did have wrestling. Not sure if they still do or not.

19 hours ago, JQWL said:

This is a interesting concept. 

I like the idea of more non conference games and playing some other teams from around the area.

If going by enrollment Brownstown and Salem would switch, like it or not. 

OR there is this scenario where you could match up based off of Sagarin rating of past season.

MSC Gold (Brownstown 82, Paoli 136, Silver Creek 154, Charlestown 158, Springs Valley 171, Scottsburg, 196, NH 203)

MSC Silver ( Salem 241, WW 244, Eastern 248, Corydon 265, Madison 272, Mitchell 294, Crawford 304)

1 hour ago, cloudofdust said:

This is a interesting concept. 

I like the idea of more non conference games and playing some other teams from around the area.

If going by enrollment Brownstown and Salem would switch, like it or not. 

OR there is this scenario where you could match up based off of Sagarin rating of past season.

MSC Gold (Brownstown 82, Paoli 136, Silver Creek 154, Charlestown 158, Springs Valley 171, Scottsburg, 196, NH 203)

MSC Silver ( Salem 241, WW 244, Eastern 248, Corydon 265, Madison 272, Mitchell 294, Crawford 304)

The Sagarin Ratings idea is neat. Would create a competitive schedule for everyone in theory. Wouldn't be hard to figure out. I know this is a football forum but I think having a good basketball or volleyball tournament at the end of the season prior to sectional play would be great. Hopefully a big money maker.