Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A State Championship Bishop Luers vs North Posey

10 hours ago, tango said:

I think this and the 5A game may be the only 2 of the 6 that aren't 30+ blowouts. Luers has played and won against some bigger schools so they should have seen some physical play. I could see this being a high scoring game. I'll take NP 41-35.

North Posey isn’t scoring 41 points on Luers. If Luers scores 21 points on North Posey it is game over

I truly think NP has a strong chance in this one. They've only given up over 13 points twice this year (both of those games they won).  Their only loss came to the 3A south semi-state champion 10-0.  They've pretty much taken care of business against every team and the PAC isn't some weak conference.  Oh and they went up to the number 1 school in regionals and dominated with just running the ball. 

With that being said, Luers is the Mater Dei of Fort Wayne so you never can take them lightly. 

1 hour ago, LuersLurker said:

I read online that NP football team is traveling to Indy Friday morning.  Are they staying overnight before the game?

image.png.608a8d5fd284b461c6db03a3e646c7a5.png

I’m sure they will. NP is about a 3 1/2 hour drive to Indy- and they kickoff is 10 am (their time)…that would make for an early Saturday morning if you left day of. 

26 minutes ago, NumbersNvrLie said:

Held Heritage Hills to its lowest point total of the year in a 10 to 0 loss

I want @Komets2727 (the guy who in 6 weeks has gone from “no way Luers makes it to the state finals” to “Luers will win…defense is stout” to tell me.

Obviously he has a feel for North Posey despite being 300 miles from the school’s doorstep.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

I want @Komets2727 (the guy who in 6 weeks has gone from “no way Luers makes it to the state finals” to “Luers will win…defense is stout” to tell me.

Obviously he has a feel for North Posey despite being 300 miles from the school’s doorstep.

Rodney? Where are ya?

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Well Mr. Temptation, I obviously overestimated 2A. I have also said this isn’t even close to being a top Luers team all time. I watched 2 full games of North Posey and I think Luers should win this game. Speed and athletes at the 2A level are a lethal combination and the Knights possess both. Could North Posey win? Absolutely. Will they? Luers will have to do a lot wrong for it to happen

Also, if you go and look at who I picked to win 2A, it was Luers… just sayin 

Edited by Komets2727

6 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Well Mr. Temptation, I obviously overestimated 2A. I have also said this isn’t even close to being a top Luers team all time. I watched 2 full games of North Posey and I think Luers should win this game. Speed and athletes at the 2A level are a lethal combination and the Knights possess both. Could North Posey win? Absolutely. Will they? Luers will have to do a lot wrong for it to happen

😂😂😂 gotta stop the lethal combination of 2 of the best runners in the state 

7 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Gotcha.

32 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

It only 2.5 hours, Luers will drive 2 hours

If you look online for the drive time it will tell you 2 hours and 42 minutes. For a distance of 169 miles. That is traveling the speed limit on I64 and I69 of 70 MPH for much of the trip. School buses are not allowed by law to travel at 70 MPH. It will be a 3 hour trip for the buses.