Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A State Championship Bishop Luers vs North Posey

1 minute ago, scarab527 said:

What was worse in context: 5A last year or 2A this year? 

With as much as you ripped 5A last year, seems like 2A is getting off easy. 

I also have to concede that other than the giant teams like luers of the past that are so good that everyone pays attention to, I'm no expert on 2a football so it's really hard to for me to make an accurate comparison.

When I say 2a is down it is because I compare it to legendary teams of 2a that would mollywhop either of these teams in the state championship. Is that necessarily fair? Absolutely not, but it is my system, and it is where I feel the goal should be for these teams.

Regardless it is a great season and great win, and  luers players coaches and fans should be proud of their performance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Well said. What most people don’t seem to understand is Luers plays up all year until the tourney. They play 3-4 6A teams, 2-3 5A teams, and the rest are 3 or 4A teams. They were beaten badly by East Noble and New Haven early in the year, both 4A teams, and lost by 3 points to 6A Homestead, who gave Snider their only loss. 

Don't most privates play up during the season? We don't have many privates schools in our area. Mater Dei plays up. Providence stays independent so they can play up in their schedule. I assume this is common. 

2 minutes ago, GoIrish01 said:

Luers beat NP 40-3

Heritage Hills beat NP 10-0

by your logic Luers is 30 points better than the 3A runner up they lost to Chatard by 28, does that mean Luers would be the clear 3A champ?

The transitive property doesnt apply to sports and its kinda cringe to claim that you'd clearly be the champ of a high division when you don't win your own. AC had an amazing season and has a ton to be proud of but this isn't a good look.

I think it means they could definitely beat heritage hills. Direct comparisons aren’t always a guarantee to be accurate, I agree with that. I do however think that AC would beat luers. We don’t have to agree. Glad for Luers, though. Fortunately snider and Luers were able to represent the 260 well, as did the Jets, just in a losing effort. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

I think it means they could definitely beat heritage hills. Direct comparisons aren’t always a guarantee to be accurate, I agree with that. I do however think that AC would beat luers. We don’t have to agree. Glad for Luers, though. Fortunately snider and Luers were able to represent the 260 well, as did the Jets, just in a losing effort. 

Agree, all 3 of the area teams represented 260 very well. And I have no idea how much Luers returns or how good they might be next year but we very well might finally get to see that head to head match up.

1 hour ago, Yuccaguy said:

They are an imposing 2A team.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves with the superlatives.

Well...   It is absolutely true that there have been years that the Luers team have been better than some college teams. Especially some of those "juggernaut" teams.  

But worth noting:  No one is claiming that said college teams were D1 sides themselves.  Lol. 

5 minutes ago, LuersMom5 said:

Well...   It is absolutely true that there have been years that the Luers team have been better than some college teams. Especially some of those "juggernaut" teams.  

But worth noting:  No one is claiming that said college teams were D1 sides themselves.  Lol. 

Luers has never been better than a college team. That’s insane. Lol. It’s boys going up against men. 

Edited by combthehair

1 minute ago, LuersMom5 said:

Having had Luers this year.  I am not at all shocked at their winning a State Championship.  

In specific positions, they clearly were the most complete team in class 2A.  After the Eastside contest, cleaning up the things on the egdes...they should have been favored 

Not sure what collegiate teams that you could espouse...  again, let's not get ahead of ourselves with the superlatives.

May want to remember that the Knights had 3 losses during this season's journey!

54 minutes ago, JQWL said:

Don't most privates play up during the season? We don't have many privates schools in our area. Mater Dei plays up. Providence stays independent so they can play up in their schedule. I assume this is common. 

Not really. Luers is in the SAC and they are the lowest class team in the conference. They take their lumps, but when the playoffs start, they will see nothing that they haven’t already seen at a higher level

4 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Having had Luers this year.  I am not at all shocked at their winning a State Championship.  

In specific positions, they clearly were the most complete team in class 2A.  After the Eastside contest, cleaning up the things on the egdes...they should have been favored 

Not sure what collegiate teams that you could espouse...  again, let's not get ahead of ourselves with the superlatives.

May want to remember that the Knights had 3 losses during this season's journey!

Overstating things is kind of like

My thing

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Komets2727 said:

Not really. Luers is in the SAC and they are the lowest class team in the conference. They take their lumps, but when the playoffs start, they will see nothing that they haven’t already seen at a higher level

I will always regard luers as an excellent program simply for who they are willing to put themselves up against, more should follow in their footsteps

Maybe if teams like a certain southern team would put real competition in their schedule other than heritage hills who they already play they might find real success and their fans wouldn't be relegated to whining about not being able to beat chatard

3 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

Chatard hasn't been able to stay in 4A....losing to teams that didnt win it...only Memorial was able to do that.. mayb Chatard will fair better this time up??  

Provided that the Sectional of Death 2.0 doesn't show up in 4A and there's not another one of those "one season COVID" SF cycles.

I was impressed with Luers. It was the first time I was able to see them in person all year. I left them for dead after weeks 1 & 2, but they are clearly a different team now. I think Kyle Lindsay should be looked at for Coach of the Year. 

For the record, I think Luers vs Lutheran or Luers vs Adams Central would be good competitive games. 

Congrats to Luers. No matter what they say about the level of play in 2A, the bottom line is this: You'll be remembered forever as the 2A champ. And 95% of high school football fans don't even know what the GID is. So most are oblivious of the "this class is weak," or "this class is watered down" talk. Fans are enjoying these championships for what they are. Gotta love high school football. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BTF said:

I was impressed with Luers. It was the first time I was able to see them in person all year. I left them for dead after weeks 1 & 2, but they are clearly a different team now. I think Kyle Lindsay should be looked at for Coach of the Year. 

For the record, I think Luers vs Lutheran or Luers vs Adams Central would be good competitive games. 

Congrats to Luers. No matter what they say about the level of play in 2A, the bottom line is this: You'll be remembered forever as the 2A champ. And 95% of high school football fans don't even know what the GID is. So most are oblivious of the "this class is weak," or "this class is watered down" talk. Fans are enjoying these championships for what they are. Gotta love high school football. 

Luers would beat both Lutheran and Adams Central I believe

2 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Luers would beat both Lutheran and Adams Central I believe

You and I were both hard on Luers this season. I love when a team proves critics wrong. 

59 minutes ago, LuersLurker said:

1999-2001 were the years of the Great Eight.

I remember those years well. Anthony Spencer's years were just as good as the Jaylon Smith years. Both those era's saw Luers beat Snider two years in a row. That's saying something. 

Just now, LuersLurker said:

Darn if I can remember only 4 of the names:  Anthony Spencer, Coach Kyle Lyndsay, Adam Griffith, Micheal Ledo.  Someone help me out. And to think that I had pictures of them in my Classroom.

Michael Ledo. I was trying to remember that name. One of the better running backs to come out of Fort Wayne.