Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Who is your Top 6?

BTF

2 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I think those teams have proven it.  Washington would be undefeated beating Oregon twice.  (my doubts about the 2nd time beating them)  That is significant.  They would be in no question.

If FSU runs the table, huge accomplishment.  Absolutely waxed LSU.  Have been in the top 4 all season long until their QB was injured.  I think they have a more than legitimate shot to be Louisville in the conference tournament.  How do you eliminate a team that has run the table?  They've held their ranking all season long.

Texas...for the same reason FB16 listed...they beat Bama at their place...identical record has to go with head to head competition.

I'm glad I don't have to. Whatever happens happens. I really just think I'm in the mood for a debate. 

41 minutes ago, BTF said:

Tragically, yes. It's an utter mess. I think we all know that Ohio State is one of the top four. Let's stop kidding ourselves. The best four teams in the country right now are:

1. Michigan - if they don't beat Iowa, then I give up

2. Georgia - regardless of what happens Saturday, they are one of the top four

3. Ohio State - top four, end of discussion

4. Oregon - playing pretty good football, I'll take them over Alabama right now

I think Oregon and Michigan win their games by multiple scores. I think Georgia wins. Neither Florida State (lol) or Texas should jump Ohio State (although it wouldn't hurt my feelings)

The playoff should be Michigan, Georgia, Oregon, and Ohio State. But the committee will find a reason to jump either Texas or Florida State over Ohio State. 

Ohio State is not one of the top four.  They were an interception in the chest and an addition problem away from losing to what turned out to be a mediocre Notre Dame team.

Were down at halftime to Rutgers, tied with barely bowl eligible Maryland and in a dogfight with a barely bowl eligible Wisconsin.  

Hell, had the scoop and score not been overturned against Penn State, they very well could have lost that one.

I know it was early but don’t even get me started on their game against Indiana.  There is something to be said for going 11-1 and winning despite playing poorly but they don’t pass the eye test.

Washington has struggled since they were gifted a game by Oregon and I expect them to go down Friday.

FSU just isn’t the same though if they pull it out Saturday night they’ll have 3+ weeks to get their QB ready.  They are not one of the best four currently but you cannot leave an undefeated P5 champ out.

The Bama/UGA/Texas phenomenon will be fascinating if Bama wins.  No way the SEC gets left out as they have dominated the sport since the playoff system began.

As a UM fan, Georgia and Oregon scare me the most.  I’d love to get Washington or FSU in the semi.

(Of course I was thrilled with the TCU draw last year and we saw how that turned out.)

What I expect tonight.

1.  Georgia

2.  Michigan

3.  Washington

4.  Florida State

5.  Ohio State

6.  Oregon

7.  Texas

8.  Alabama 

Edited by temptation

11 minutes ago, temptation said:

(Of course I was thrilled with the TCU draw last year and we saw how that turned out.)

Last year was a travesty for a Big Ten fan. Should have been an all Big Ten championship. 

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Ohio State is not one of the top four.  They were an interception in the chest and an addition problem away from losing to what turned out to be a mediocre Notre Dame team.

Were down at halftime to Rutgers, tied with barely bowl eligible Maryland and in a dogfight with a barely bowl eligible Wisconsin.  

Hell, had the scoop and score not been overturned against Penn State, they very well could have lost that one.

I know it was early but don’t even get me started on their game against Indiana.  There is something to be said for going 11-1 and winning despite playing poorly but they don’t pass the eye test.

Washington has struggled since they were gifted a game by Oregon and I expect them to go down Friday.

FSU just isn’t the same though if they pull it out Saturday night they’ll have 3+ weeks to get their QB ready.  They are not one of the best four currently but you cannot leave an undefeated P5 champ out.

The Bama/UGA/Texas phenomenon will be fascinating if Bama wins.  No way the SEC gets left out as they have dominated the sport since the playoff system began.

As a UM fan, Georgia and Oregon scare me the most.  I’d love to get Washington or FSU in the semi.

What I expect tonight.

1.  Georgia

2.  Michigan

3.  Washington

4.  Florida State

5.  Ohio State

6.  Oregon

7.  Texas

8.  Alabama 

Very close. Flip Oregon and Ohio State. 

Florida State certainly isn't one of the four best teams in the country. Again, I think they'd struggle to beat a three loss Notre Dame. But I'll defer to previous conversations here and concede that an undefeated Power Five conference champion deserves a spot. The SEC is just gonna have to be pissed:

1.   Michigan

2.   Washington

3.   Texas

4.   Florida State

28 minutes ago, BTF said:

Florida State certainly isn't one of the four best teams in the country. Again, I think they'd struggle to beat a three loss Notre Dame. But I'll defer to previous conversations here and concede that an undefeated Power Five conference champion deserves a spot. The SEC is just gonna have to be pissed:

1.   Michigan

2.   Washington

3.   Texas

4.   Florida State

Florida State would be a double digit underdog with their first string QB vs. any of the top 8 much less with a 3rd string QB. Let’s be honest, had they played the schedule of any of the other top teams, 3 losses at a minimum. Here’s a thought, schedule a real non conference schedule instead of Patsy Central. That goes for all of the top teams. Middle Tennessee State. Youngstown State. Incarnate Ward. Sadly, I think the scheduling of cupcakes will get worse with the playoff growing to 12 teams

3 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Florida State would be a double digit underdog with their first string QB vs. any of the top 8 much less with a 3rd string QB. Let’s be honest, had they played the schedule of any of the other top teams, 3 losses at a minimum. Here’s a thought, schedule a real non conference schedule instead of Patsy Central. That goes for all of the top teams. Middle Tennessee State. Youngstown State. Incarnate Ward. Sadly, I think the scheduling of cupcakes will get worse with the playoff growing to 12 teams

Counterpoint:  Bama would be easily in (and at #1) had they scheduled Patsy Central instead of Texas.

12 minutes ago, temptation said:

Also, FSU scheduled LSU and it wasn’t their fault Clemson was not as advertised.

Clemson is actually starting to look like a decent win. They're better than what their record indicates. 

25 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

I don't think they are one of the best four teams in the country, but I was convinced by more than one poster on this forum that conference championship at the Power Five level has to mean something. This is the first time, I think, that were faced with the possibility of one of two things happening: 

1.   No representation from the SEC

2.  An undefeated Power Five not getting an invite

Someone is going to be pissed, and I think it should be the SEC. The message? Win all of your games, no down weeks if you want to be crowned national champ. 

35 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Lol.

Florida State is -500 to make the playoffs. Hate to break it to you, but they’re getting in and deservedly so. They’re undefeated and 2-0 against the SEC.

40 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Lol.

Florida State is -500 to make the playoffs. Hate to break it to you, but they’re getting in and deservedly so. They’re undefeated and 2-0 against the SEC.

If that’s the case, the college football NIT should be a good watch.

Georgia, Ohio State, Alabama and Oregon.