Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

7 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

never-mind.. I actually clicked on the BD's profile....that is 10-12 enrollment. 

https://www.ihsaa.org/sites/default/files/documents/2022-23 2023-24 Football Alignment.pdf

2 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Zionsville works too. 

Well I think that this group of dudes could come up with a better system than what the IHSAA currently is working with. 

I would agree with that. 

On 11/29/2023 at 6:37 AM, BTF said:

There's a few school right underneath Warren Central that are catching up in enrollment. No one is catching Carmel or Ben Davis anytime soon. 

Unless they would split into two high schools. As for Carmel, you can bet you're life savings that will never happen. A guy I knew who used to be one of the higher ups in that system told me they will keep adding freshmen/senior centers and whatever to avoid a second high school. The main reason - SPORTS! Imagine if the HSE District had not done this. Both HSE and Fishers High Schools have over 3,000 enrollment. So a 6-7,000 enrollment high school.

I think the Giants should still be pretty good. Isaiah Rogers has one of the best arms I've ever seen in a high school quarterback. I mean, his ball means business coming off his arm. It's going to be incredibly hard to replace the leadership the Giants will be losing on the field and off (Kevin Vanderbush retiring), but I think Coach Mann and his staff will "go back into the lab" and figure something out. I was really impressed with Russ this year. While he landed on second or third base with this roster, he certainly never acted like it the way he coached them up. 

As far as the rest of 6A goes, I would expect Warren will have a lights out, championship defense. They were very young this year. If they can figure something out on offense, they could certainly have enough to hang a plaque. Center Grove's not going anywhere. You'll probably see those HCC teams continuing to show what they're made of...especially Westfield who, anecdotally, I heard was a year ahead of where they thought they'd be.

I'm interested to see what happens with Sectional realignment this year. With Snider joining 6A, that likely pushes Fishers and HSE south again since the IHSAA does not want to separate schools in the same district. Of course, that depends on what squads end up at the bottom of 6A and drop to 5A with Cathedral and Snider up. 

Edited by BDGiant93
  • Haha 1

On 12/4/2023 at 12:41 PM, WestfieldRocks said:

Unless they would split into two high schools. As for Carmel, you can bet you're life savings that will never happen. A guy I knew who used to be one of the higher ups in that system told me they will keep adding freshmen/senior centers and whatever to avoid a second high school. The main reason - SPORTS! Imagine if the HSE District had not done this. Both HSE and Fishers High Schools have over 3,000 enrollment. So a 6-7,000 enrollment high school.

There's no land for a new high school in Wayne Township, and there's not really any talk of splitting up BD. There hasn't been any talk of that for 30 years.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 6:49 PM, temptation said:

Anybody have JV/freshmen records for the usual 6A favorites at their disposal?

Center Grove JV 8-1 with their lone loss to Louisville Trinity

https://www.centergrovefootball.com/schedule/team_instance/8860013?subseason=890599

Center Grove Frosh 9-0

https://www.centergrovefootball.com/schedule/team_instance/8860096?subseason=890602

After I sent, realized Grover responded...so I attached links to schedules with results

Edited by Bash Riprock

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Center Grove JV 8-1 with their lone loss to Louisville Trinity

https://www.centergrovefootball.com/schedule/team_instance/8860013?subseason=890599

Center Grove Frosh 9-0

https://www.centergrovefootball.com/schedule/team_instance/8860096?subseason=890602

After I sent, realized Grover responded...so I attached links to schedules with results

A combined 99-16 against BD/Warren at the JV level and 191-51 over the entire MIC huh?

26 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Penn Drops Carmel in favor of Mishawaka.....

We will be an undefeated paper giant going into sectionals for the foreseeable future. 

GAH. 

#droptheNIC

Seems like a play for the gate you’d get at those games more than anything and to rekindle that historical rivalry. 

But doesn’t help with making deep runs in 6A. 

Penn to the DAC when?

3 hours ago, temptation said:

A combined 99-16 against BD/Warren at the JV level and 191-51 over the entire MIC huh?

Truly don't count.  I go back so far both at youth and high school levels and know there have been so many classic matchups over the years.  Nothing but tons of respect for BD, Warren, Lawrence, etc. programs.  I just hope we all get back to playing each other in the regular season again. (I mean varsity as we all play each other at every other level)

Edited by Bash Riprock

2 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Seems like a play for the gate you’d get at those games more than anything and to rekindle that historical rivalry. 

Penn to the DAC when?

It's exactly the inward looking thought that 86ed the move to the DAC in the early 2000s. Don't expect it to change any time soon, and it certainly does not help with making any noise in the tournament. 

2 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Penn to the DAC when?

Penn administration and coaching seem to care more about the perception of a winning program then actually having a program that is respected by the Indy teams....Penn is an after thought in 6A football... They pissed away their chance against CP to maybe prove something, and now with this laughable schedule, it wont get any better. 

Adams, Washington and Riley provide you nothing in prep for what is ahead. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Truly don't count.  I go back so far both at youth and high school levels and know there have been so many classic matchups over the years.  Nothing but tons of respect for BD, Warren, Lawrence, etc. programs.  I just hope we all get back to playing each other in the regular season again. (I mean varsity as we all play each other at every other level)

I mean, it means something, we can disagree on how significant it is I guess.

CG’s sustained success speaks for itself and every other team in the MIC has had at least 1 rebuilding year whereas CG hasn’t.

CG has not had a losing season since 2005…I know, you already knew that.

4 hours ago, temptation said:

CG’s sustained success speaks for itself and every other team in the MIC has had at least 1 rebuilding year whereas CG hasn’t.

I meant I don’t count wins…Didn’t have a clue until you provided the data. 

14 hours ago, temptation said:

The crazy thing is how quickly Moore turned CG around. They have had some bumps in the road. But, his first season they go 5-5 and season 2 they are playing in the state finals. King had good teams going into the playoffs but couldn't generate any momentum in the playoffs. Moore has developed a Juggernaut. Seasons that were not what we come to expect from CG: 04, 05, 06 and 17 all ended around .500....They went 9-2 in 07 that ended in sectionals and a 7-3 season in 10 that ended in sectionals. Other than that they are competing for Regional, Semi or State titles. They are the measuring stick of how a program in Indiana today. 

Very impressed with the CG community and with Coach Moore. 

• Thanks 1