Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The p/p hegemony continues unabated

48 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

I think Providence and Park Tudor have shown over the years they are right where they belong. This year was an up year, but they have ebbed and flowed just like their Public school counterparts.

I'm a fan of Coach McDonald and the program they are building at Providence. They've just run into Indy Lutheran at the regional level. 

Members of this forum will be happy to know my friends over there anticipate growing enrollment and moving to 2A.   

13 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

But they aren't, they are winning the state championship in 1A, 2A, and 3A for the last 3 years...

I always forget about Bishop Webo and St. Gibson of Southern. 

Why say "they" when what you really mean is Chatard and Lutheran?  

And there have been more public 2A champs (Rensy, Southridge, Monrovia, WeBo x 3) than privates in the SF era (Ritter x2, Andrean, Mater Dei, and now Luers)

Edited by oldtimeqb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tin Cup said:

I'm fine with an all p/p division, as long as they allow public schools the ability to voluntarily join that division if they so choose.  Some public schools will still be interested in being the best-of-the-best, not just best-of-the-rest.  

I guarantee there isn't a team in the first three classes that would give two $h*ts about your division captain insano 

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

1 minute ago, oldtimeqb said:

I always forget about Bishop Webo and St. Gibson of Southern. 

Why say "they" when what you really mean is Chatard and Lutheran?  

And there have been more public 2A champs (Rensy, Southridge, Monrovia, WeBo x 3) than privates in the SF era (Ritter x2, Andrean, Mater Dei, and now Luers)

I said the last 3 years, never said anything about those other years, but while we are on that let's take a look at how many of those publics beat a private school at LOS. I count a total of 3 or 4 on first glance for all three classes throughout the entire SF era so yes it is hard for p/p's to win more than publics in 2A when there aren't any of the normal private schools in 2A or perhaps none at all some years.

24 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Did park Tudor just come down from 2A? I know Providence did. This is thier 1st cycle in 1A that I can remember and they lost to state Champs in regional both years. 

Do you think it would have made a difference the years Providence was in 2A if they were in 1A? I don't. Park Tudor has been in 2A in the past there are about 930 students grades K-12 378 for 9-12.

7 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

I said the last 3 years, never said anything about those other years, but while we are on that let's take a look at how many of those publics beat a private school at LOS. I count a total of 3 or 4 on first glance for all three classes throughout the entire SF era so yes it is hard for p/p's to win more than publics in 2A when there aren't any of the normal private schools in 2A or perhaps none at all some years.

Correction it was 5

36 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

You forget the special education kids as well.  Too expensive to keep around.

How much in subsidies and grants does a ~3A public school get solely for these programs?

I’d estimate it’s more than Lutheran’s entire annual operating budget.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Whitehat said:

How much in subsidies and grants does a ~3A public school get solely for these programs?

As shown in the excellent information FarmerFran just provided your estimate is probably way, way off.

Can you please share what Indianapolis Lutheran's entire annual operating budget is?

14 minutes ago, Whitehat said:

2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

As shown in the excellent information FarmerFran just provided your estimate is probably way, way off.

Can you please share what Indianapolis Lutheran's entire annual operating budget is?

I received a public education, not one of them fancy Catholic or Lutheran educations, so help me on this...what does any of this have to do with winning football games?

9 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Indiana allocated $901,000,000 for IDEA grants in 2020. The money is used to assist students with disabilities in Indiana public schools as needed. They’re required to allocate at least the same amount each proceeding year. 

Lutheran’s operating budget is about 2 million.

12 minutes ago, Whitehat said:

Indiana allocated $901,000,000 for IDEA grants in 2020. The money is used to assist students with disabilities in Indiana public schools as needed. They’re required to allocate at least the same amount each proceeding year. 

Lutheran’s operating budget is about 2 million.

Nice attempt at moving the goalposts, Whitehat.

No, your original question was, and I quote:

Name one 3A public school that received $901 million in IDEA grants in 2020.  I'll wait.

3 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Name one 3A public school that received $901 million in IDEA grants in 2020.  I'll wait.

They all have access to it as needed. Private school students do not, even though private school parents also pay taxes.

Edited by Whitehat
  • Disdain 1

1 hour ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

But they aren't, they are winning the state championship in 1A, 2A, and 3A for the last 3 years...

Some people on here won't be happy until all the P/P's do go 0-10.  Do you think Hammond Noll should be moved up?  

9 minutes ago, Whitehat said:

They all have access to it as needed. Private school students do not, even though private school parents also pay taxes.

Why would private schools need it? I've been on two different private school sites and a special education department is nowhere to be found. If you don't have students with special needs, why would you get money allocated for students with special needs?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

I don't know that is tough. I would have to look at their last couple years. Is them staying in 2A going to change anything?

Hammond Noll's last winning season was 2006.

6 minutes ago, JQWL said:

Why would private schools need it? I've been on two different private school sites and a special education department is nowhere to be found. If you don't have students with special needs, why would you get money allocated for students with special needs?

You’re mistaking the effect for the cause.