Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

Who is your Top 6?

BTF

Im sure the "alliance" that B10/P12/ACC held together didn't factor at all.    If you remember 12 teams was supposed to be this year, but this gentleman alliance created by B10 with P12 and ACC to uphold the ACADEMIC (laughable) integrity of the NCAA during all of this was probably part of the algorithm 

It stinks to high ever, like @temptation said, why would guys like FISKE and #5 or #4 the other dude off the edge who is a high NFL prospect step onto the field for the Orange Bowl, insane if they do.   I am on the spectrum of the entire university say no thanks and just pay the players what they would get in cash from the Orange Bowl swag....... it will be JV FSU vs JV Georgia......yippee 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Then why rank teams for 8 straight weeks if none of it is going to be considered? The committee knew 3 weeks ago Jordan Travis was out for the year yet still moved Florida State UP in the last regular season poll after Ohio State's loss from 5 to 4. How does #7 Texas jump #4 Florida State after Florida State beat a team ranked higher than the opponent Florida State just beat by the committee's OWN rankings? Make it make sense!

If the CFP is all about eyeballs and ratings, just come out before the season starts and say these are the 4 teams that will be playing in the postseason because these are the 4 teams that we believe will draw the best ratings. Save everyone else the time and trouble. 

Like I'm on the committee...

18 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Im sure the "alliance" that B10/P12/ACC held together didn't factor at all.    If you remember 12 teams was supposed to be this year, but this gentleman alliance created by B10 with P12 and ACC to uphold the ACADEMIC (laughable) integrity of the NCAA during all of this was probably part of the algorithm 

It stinks to high ever, like @temptation said, why would guys like FISKE and #5 or #4 the other dude off the edge who is a high NFL prospect step onto the field for the Orange Bowl, insane if they do.   I am on the spectrum of the entire university say no thanks and just pay the players what they would get in cash from the Orange Bowl swag....... it will be JV FSU vs JV Georgia......yippee 

If I'm Florida State, I'm acting like I'm attending all the pre-game festivities and then morning of the game get on the bus and drive back to Tallahassee. 

• Haha 1

I love that the Committe admitted the health of Travis played a part in their rankings. Especially since they ranked FSU ahead of Georgia. So, FSU without Jordan Travis is better than Georgia? Ok.

Glad we're going to an expanded playoff next year. It'll have it's faults but it beats this quagmire.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I love that the Committe admitted the health of Travis played a part in their rankings. Especially since they ranked FSU ahead of Georgia. So, FSU without Jordan Travis is better than Georgia? Ok.

Glad we're going to an expanded playoff next year. It'll have it's faults but it beats this quagmire.

People will whine, trust me.

39 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

If I'm Florida State, I'm acting like I'm attending all the pre-game festivities and then morning of the game get on the bus and drive back to Tallahassee. 

Or pull a UCF and win the damn game and claim a national championship.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Of course. But at that point it's semantics revolving teams who have lost enough games that they have no real gripe. Florida State as un undefeated has a legit gripe.

Until an 11-2 Louisville gets left out in favor of an 8-4 Tennessee because they don't play in the SEC. 11 of the top 12 teams in the CFP rankings are or will be SEC or B10 members starting next season. 

2 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Florida State did everything they were suppose to do and got screwed. Absolutely true. I feel bad for them. Do I think they are one of the best 4 teams in the country? No. 

Isn't that the point of the discussion....should the playoff teams be selected for on the field play and what they earn or what a group of people (with bias) "think" are the best matchups?

49 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Until an 11-2 Louisville gets left out in favor of an 8-4 Tennessee because they don't play in the SEC. 11 of the top 12 teams in the CFP rankings are or will be SEC or B10 members starting next season. 

Not following. Louisville went 10-3 and had no valid reason to complain if they were left out. 

5 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Not following. Louisville went 10-3 and had no valid reason to complain if they were left out. 

I'm using hypotheticals. You're going to see an 8-4 SEC/B10 team get in over a 2 loss non-SEC/B10 team at some point down the road with window-dressing all over it. 

Edited by Footballking16

3 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

And Travis true backup is going to be back no problem, you know the guy who went into the SWAMP and won. 

Ultimately, this Monday morning, I shall just blame Brohm Corp and Jack Plummer.   They could have helped but chose to SUCK, so.....

Sorry, winning at the Swamp does not mean what it meant 10-15 years. That program is barely a shell of what it use to be

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Isn't that the point of the discussion....should the playoff teams be selected for on the field play and what they earn or what a group of people (with bias) "think" are the best matchups?

Listen, FSU’s schedule and conference sucked. Period. There is no argument to be had about that. Compare that to the grind Washington had or Alabama or Georgia. FSU wouldn’t have sniffed 13-0 and you know it. 3-4 losses at a minimum

1 minute ago, Komets2727 said:

Listen, FSU’s schedule and conference sucked. Period. There is no argument to be had about that. Compare that to the grind Washington had or Alabama or Georgia. FSU wouldn’t have sniffed 13-0 and you know it. 3-4 losses at a minimum

FSU:

-Beat more bowl eligible teams than any team in the country

-Beat as many teams in the CFP top 25 as Michigan, Georgia and Texas

-Had a better strength of record than both Texas and Alabama

Me thinks you don't know what you're talking about. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Lighten up Francis....

I guess it depends on which rating service you believe...if you follow ESPN as Corrigan quotes, FSU did have the easiest schedule at #55.  But UGA and Michigan were at #37 and #35 respectively and that difference is not that different. Oregon came in at #52.

If one subscribes to College Football News, much closer with FSU at 14, Texas 12, Washington 10, Bama 4, Michigan 3.  To put in perspective, Oklahoma 21, Florida 18, Oregon 17 and ND 13.

If Sports Illustrated is your preference, FSU 78, UGA 63, Washington 54, Michigan 51, Bama 31.  Additional perspective, Oregon 96, Penn State 89.  

In 2 cases, Oregon's schedule was weaker, and in the other almost the same.  Would you had an issue had Oregon beat Washington and won PAC 12 had they been in the CFP??  I bet not.

FSU was 2-0 over SEC teams, neither at their home stadium.  The ACC won the series schedule over the SEC 6-4. 

4 hours ago, temptation said:

Or pull a UCF and win the damn game and claim a national championship.

I was thinking the same thing. Undefeated and beat the team that finished #1 in the final poll (before conference championships). I'm sure they are already designing their hats and tee shirts. 

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

If it's the four best teams, then Georgia should be in. If it's based on field of play and what they earn, the Alabama should be out. Like I said earlier, the committee needs to pick a lane and stay in it. I still think they were "terrified" of the bible belt aftermath if they left the SEC out. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

If it's the four best teams, then Georgia should be in. If it's based on field of play and what they earn, the Alabama should be out. Like I said earlier, the committee needs to pick a lane and stay in it. I still think they were "terrified" of the bible belt aftermath if they left the SEC out. 

Why Georgia over Ohio State?  Isn’t their one loss better?

Just playing devil’s advocate here.

15 minutes ago, BTF said:

I was thinking the same thing. Undefeated and beat the team that finished #1 in the final poll (before conference championships). I'm sure they are already designing their hats and tee shirts. 

Doubtful. This is 100% a lose-lose for Florida State, especially if some of the top guys opt out for them like I think they will.

Beat Georgia and it's because Georgia didn't care and had players op out.

Lose to Georgia and hear for the next 6 months that the committee got it right. 

12 minutes ago, BTF said:

I still maintain that if Alabama had lost to any other team in the country not named Texas, even if it was UT-Chattanooga, they would have been in along with FSU. The only reason FSU was left out is because the committee couldn't justify putting Alabama in over Texas given the head to head result. 

• Like 2

Something to consider in support of Florida State

Ohio State won the Big Ten Championship game in 2014 with a 3rd string QB; beating Wisconsin. 

Ohio State was selected to the inaugural playoff even though they started Cardale Jones. They went on to win the Championship with Jones as the QB. 

5 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

And Travis true backup is going to be back no problem, you know the guy who went into the SWAMP and won. 

Ultimately, this Monday morning, I shall just blame Brohm Corp and Jack Plummer.   They could have helped but chose to SUCK, so.....

I like Travis' comment that he wished he broke his leg earlier in the year so the committe could see that FSU can still play without him.