Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A State Championship: Bishop Chatard (14-0) vs. Heritage Hills (13-1)

51 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

This was possibly the dumbest thing (or maybe just weird) I have ever read on here....aside from anything from the Merrillville morn.

Gotta call BS on this one Chief.

People might actually take you seriously around here (sometimes you say interesting things) but your incessant need to fight with everyone is tiring. Whenever you show up the conversation gets less interesting and usually goes off track. 

Well, now here we are.  This has went off the rails.  This game carries the stench of Rome!!!!

Anyway, here is the deal, we knew what we were running into.  The kid that had the 3 ints said it best, "We are used to this".  34ish seniors, 1 two way player, etc, etc.....

Here is the fact publics--deal with it.  We at HH have dealt with it on and off for over 25 years in the playoffs, what is the answer?  The answer is until the brain trust at the IHSAA changes the rules (which they won't) we have to get bigger, faster and stronger.  Period.  

I'm with @hhpatriot04--go do some Oklahoma drills.  Let's get to work!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Just a dad said:

People might actually take you seriously around here (sometimes you say interesting things) but your incessant need to fight with everyone is tiring. Whenever you show up the conversation gets less interesting and usually goes off track. 

LOL...Pot meet Kettle?  People here know me....you do not.

Edited by Titan32
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

Well, now here we are.  This has went off the rails.  This game carries the stench of Rome!!!!

Anyway, here is the deal, we knew what we were running into.  The kid that had the 3 ints said it best, "We are used to this".  34ish seniors, 1 two way player, etc, etc.....

Here is the fact publics--deal with it.  We at HH have dealt with it on and off for over 25 years in the playoffs, what is the answer?  The answer is until the brain trust at the IHSAA changes the rules (which they won't) we have to get bigger, faster and stronger.  Period.  

Agree totally...but some of these p/p dudes are off the rails defending the current system.  I guess you can lead a horse to water.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

You are about to win back-to-back 3A titles with your QB. Even as a sophomore he is probably the most dynamic athlete in 3A. He is the best individual player that Chatard saw in the playoffs and they got to play all of the best teams. The unfortunate part is that when he graduates the other kids at HH will have to take some lumps in 4A just because of 1 great player preceding him. They are the ones who will be “punished” for how good he is. That is the downside to success factor.  Nothing is perfect. Enjoy these next two years and I hope more kids from HH decide to play football. Like I’ve said, your kids played a great game. They were well coached. The community showed great support. And your fans showed out. 

19 minutes ago, Just a dad said:

You are about to win back-to-back 3A titles with your QB. Even as a sophomore he is probably the most dynamic athlete in 3A. He is the best individual player that Chatard saw in the playoffs and they got to play all of the best teams. The unfortunate part is that when he graduates the other kids at HH will have to take some lumps in 4A just because of 1 great player preceding him. They are the ones who will be “punished” for how good he is. That is the downside to success factor.  Nothing is perfect. Enjoy these next two years and I hope more kids from HH decide to play football. Like I’ve said, your kids played a great game. They were well coached. The community showed great support. And your fans showed out. 

Maybe by then the IHSAA will have gone to four-year cycle for SF?

14 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Maybe by then the IHSAA will have gone to four-year cycle for SF?

My guess is the IHSAA won't ever make that move. Using a rolling 2 year cycle is an immediate band-aid fix when a school has a special class (or two) and is lucky enough to make deep runs in back to back seasons.  

3 minutes ago, tango said:

My guess is the IHSAA won't ever make that move. Using a rolling 2 year cycle is an immediate band-aid fix when a school has a special class (or two) and is lucky enough to make deep runs in back to back seasons.  

From my viewpoint, I don't see the rolling 2-year cycle really addressing that as, since the points are considered "in-class," once you move to a class, you are there for two years minimum ... COVID notwithstanding.  In essence, once you move up, those previous points don't matter as they were earned in another class.  The rolling cycles only have impact in moving teams up quicker and no impact on getting them down any quicker.

Where the rolling 2-year cycle comes into play is to eliminate the situation that the IHSAA found itself in with WeBo and Pioneer and, this season, Lutheran and Adams Central, where teams earned a total of 6 or more points, but across the old, rigid, 2-year cycles so teams could make three consecutive trips to LOS and not get bumped after the second.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Agree totally...but some of these p/p dudes are off the rails defending the current system.  I guess you can lead a horse to water.

System is the last thing I’m concern with. It is one notch below my concern for kids transferring. As a former high school and college athlete, I never gave a piss about who the other team is or how it was formed. I just wanted to win and when it didn’t happen I didn’t find an excuse other than we got beat. Same way I raised my kids. IDC who they played or where they came from. Just go out and find a way to win. If not a win, don’t make excuses. 
Im guessing you had similar DNA and taught you kids the same thing. 
But that’s just a guess. 

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Screagle said:

System is the last thing I’m concern with. It is one notch below my concern for kids transferring. As a former high school and college athlete, I never gave a piss about who the other team is or how it was formed. I just wanted to win and when it didn’t happen I didn’t find an excuse other than we got beat. Same way I raised my kids. IDC who they played or where they came from. Just go out and find a way to win. If not a win, don’t make excuses. 
Im guessing you had similar DNA and taught you kids the same thing. 
But that’s just a guess. 

I did....and my athlete just plays who is in front of him ...we don't even discuss the current situation with the IHSAA.  But, I also taught them with regard to life, nothing ever changes when people stick their head in the sand, be a catalyst for change...don't wait for other people to do it...never accept the status quo no matter the push back and no matter how many other people are willing to accept it. 

The IHSAA reads GID.

For the record I have never been a recruiting/transfer complainer....I really don't think those things are the issue.

Edited by Titan32

2 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I did....and my athlete just plays who is in front of him ...we don't even discuss the current situation with the IHSAA.  But, I also taught them with regard to life, nothing ever changes when people stick their head in the sand, be a catalyst for change...don't wait for other people to do it...never accept the status quo no matter the push back and no matter how many other people are willing to accept it. 

The IHSAA reads GID.

For the record I have never been a recruiting/transfer complainer....I really don't think those things are the issue.

Seems like the discussion on the 3A state title game has run its course.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Just a dad said:

While I appreciate the kind words and recognition of a very special athlete, everybody in Spencer County remembers in the late 90's when Jett's dad's team got upset in the sectionals.  That isn't lost on any of us....the future expectations are high, but children are children and if anything children are inconsistent and every teenage boy has the inherent ability to be a moron.  I know because I was one and I am a father to one on this team.  

2024 season has started, at this point we are looking to be competitive for a conference championship and competitive for a sectional.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

While I appreciate the kind words and recognition of a very special athlete, everybody in Spencer County remembers in the late 90's when Jett's dad's team got upset in the sectionals.  That isn't lost on any of us....the future expectations are high, but children are children and if anything children are inconsistent and every teenage boy has the inherent ability to be a moronI know because I was one and I am a father to one on this team.  

2024 season has started, at this point we are looking to be competitive for a conference championship and competitive for a sectional.  

The truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth! Doesn't matter if it is P/P or Public. I was one of those to at one time and have a son that was one too!

6 hours ago, Titan32 said:

The IHSAA reads GID.

LOL…well I imagine not!

(Sorry man- you set yourself up for that one lol)

• Haha 1