Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2023

Irishman

2 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

1st question

What is his recruiting ties and where to do they take him? 

What ins does he have in the Midwest, I believe thats where IU/PU must work to lockdown first and foremost the greater 5 state area of Indiana.  

I don't know, thats why I ask, obviously great success, but those were established programs before he took over and took them to great successes, not discounting that, but big big step and he needs to have a great understanding on how to recruit to IU.   Just like Brohm did for PU resurrection.    Jury still out on Walters imo as far as recruiting prowess 

1. He's from Pittsburgh, played QB at West Viriginia and has spent the majority of his time coaching in PA and the colonial states outside his stint at Alabama with Saban. Looks like most of his JMU roster is from the DMV and surrounding areas with a fair amount of FL kids. There's a fair amount of talent on JMU that has the potential to follow him which isn't uncommon in this climate. 

2. There's currently three coaches on his staff that all have IU ties; Pat Kuntz DL coach (Roncalli/ND/IU GA 16-18), Bryant Haines DC/LB coach (Ball State grad and former position coach at IU), and Marcus Hall-Oliver DB coach/recruiting coordinator (IU position coach under Allen). Expect most if not all those guys to follow him as they will all be receiving major pay raises. 

He resurrected that Indiana-Pennsylvania program that his father once built, went 14-9 in two seasons at Elon as they were coming off 8 consecutive losing seasons, and then obviously inherited a strong JMU program that he transitioned into FBS going 8-3, 11-1 the last two seasons. Think you're selling his resume a little short. Recruited Phillip Rivers and Russell Wilson to NC State during his time as their QB coach and responsible for recruiting guys like Mark Ingram, Julio Jones, Donta Hightower, etc to Alabama.

• Like 1

Wow, didn't know Pat Kuntz is coaching at IU,   used to be KUNTZ from Roncalli who would post here back in the DAY

Wasn't attempting to sell resume short, truly didn't know much other than the quick blurb of the article today I saw when he was hired. 

IU faithful have reason to be excited for sure 

4 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Wow, didn't know Pat Kuntz is coaching at IU,   used to be KUNTZ from Roncalli who would post here back in the DAY

Wasn't attempting to sell resume short, truly didn't know much other than the quick blurb of the article today I saw when he was hired. 

He coached at IU as a GA from 2016-2018 and then found his way on staff at JMU in the last year or two. It's being widely speculated that he will join Cignetti in Bloomington. 

7 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

The poster is his dad. I found out he was on staff when Allen was the DC at IU. They came to Homestead HS for a 1 day camp. Pat and Mark Hagen were the D Line coaches. 
I have some not so good memories coaching against those Roncalli teams he was on. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 12:16 PM, psaboy said:

Jamey Chadwell, Curt Cignetti,  Rhett Lashlee, Jason Candle are a few that come to mind. No way Urban goes to IU, unless they make an offer he can't refuse, 15-20 million a year may do it??

bump

12 hours ago, temptation said:

Just like prime.  Asking his players to walk the plank and cash checks he wrote.

Gone by 2026.

Hilarious comment from a Michigan fan.

Hopefully, he will run a clean program, resist cheating, represent his university with integrity, demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and fair play to his players and stay on the field avoiding suspensions for being a cheating hack.

He may well be at IU longer than Jimmy boy at the land of Walmart Wolverines.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Hilarious comment from a Michigan fan.

Hopefully, he will run a clean program, resist cheating, represent his university with integrity, demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and fair play to his players and stay on the field avoiding suspensions for being a cheating hack.

He may well be at IU longer than Jimmy boy at the land of Walmart Wolverines.

You’re so far gone it’s sad at this point.

13 minutes ago, Irishman said:

yep...he was given the pa mic after he was introduced at the IU Maryland BBall game last night. Not really a fan of it, but still not as bad as Brian Kelly's fake Southern accent 😄

I was at a loss for words when it was suggested that he said that. I assumed maybe he said that to the media, which would have been bad. I don't see anything wrong with saying something like that to rev up the student body. 

Great hire in my opinion. Reminds me of Brian Kelly how he's done well at every stop. Learning from Saban helps just a little too. He sounds like he knows what he's doing, not just a rah rah guy. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, temptation said:

You’re so far gone it’s sad at this point.

Yeah...I am good with your statement. 

I could care less if Cignetti states your favorite team sucks. I will state again, I just hope he doesn't get suspended 6 games during one season for multiple rules violations.  If you consider that statement as far gone....I will happily live in that world.  

Door is always open if you want to visit.....

2 hours ago, BTF said:

I was at a loss for words when it was suggested that he said that. I assumed maybe he said that to the media, which would have been bad. I don't see anything wrong with saying something like that to rev up the student body. 

Great hire in my opinion. Reminds me of Brian Kelly how he's done well at every stop. Learning from Saban helps just a little too. He sounds like he knows what he's doing, not just a rah rah guy. 

He said it in front of an IU crowd at Assembly Hall. What’s he supposed to say? We’re going 3-9 next year.

Too many people looking way too far into this.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

He said it in front of an IU crowd at Assembly Hall. What’s he supposed to say? We’re going 3-9 next year.

Purdue does suck. I'm not sure even the student bought into "Michigan and Ohio State" sucks, lol. But hey, if he got the crowd energized, more power to him. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Perhaps…just seems like something a 12 year old would say in a debate with his friends at the lunch room/cafeteria after gym class.

Lame.

38 minutes ago, temptation said:

Perhaps…just seems like something a 12 year old would say in a debate with his friends at the lunch room/cafeteria after gym class.

Lame.

….kinda like you on this forum from your basement?

Let’s be honest…if Cignetti would have left it at Purdue and Ohio State sucks, you would have been just fine  But you got your panties in a wad because he included your favorite team.  Take a breath Karen.  

Heck, if Cignetti was honest, he would have said those cheating turds at Michigan suck!