Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2023

Bobref

11 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

Another pitiful loss for the Irish.  The offense, Hartman in particular, never got going today.  It's possible that Notre Dame loses, and IU wins today. IU up 17-14 with 2 minutes left.

Losing Mitchell evans last week was huge. Not having any other receiving option on the roster besides a lacrosse player is an absolute embarrassment. Such a waste having a qb like Hartman without any weapons or protection for a an entire season. Yuck   

Huge letdown after playing so well in previous games. The defense could not tackle or cover receivers, the o line could not run block or pass protect well at all. Hartman had guys open but looked like he was throwing too high all game. Even special teams mistakes hurt them. 

On 11/4/2023 at 3:35 PM, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Losing Mitchell evans last week was huge. Not having any other receiving option on the roster besides a lacrosse player is an absolute embarrassment. Such a waste having a qb like Hartman without any weapons or protection for a an entire season. Yuck   

That just shows that Hartman used Evans more than 50% of his targets,  and now his safety receiver is gone.  Maybe it's time to bench Hartman and give the QB job to Angeli.  And in my opinion, he had time to throw at times, but just held onto the ball too long.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it seems like the final Notre Dame game, at Stanford, will only be televised on the PAC12 Network.  Is this a going away present to the PAC12 or is it another payout or don't watch deal.  Either way it's a big mistake.  I'm sure Notre Dame had no input for this decision either.  I hope we Irish fans, in Indianapolis, can at least find a radio broadcast on the internet, as the local affiliate 1430am, does not air the Irish games anymore.

On 11/16/2023 at 10:36 AM, PHJIrish said:

Well it seems like the final Notre Dame game, at Stanford, will only be televised on the PAC12 Network.  Is this a going away present to the PAC12 or is it another payout or don't watch deal.  Either way it's a big mistake.  I'm sure Notre Dame had no input for this decision either.  I hope we Irish fans, in Indianapolis, can at least find a radio broadcast on the internet, as the local affiliate 1430am, does not air the Irish games anymore.

Fubo is an app that has pac 12 network. You can do a free trial, watch the game, and then cancel your trial before your have to pay. 

• 2 weeks later...

Man, would this guy look good in a Bears uniform. What are the odds he actually plays in the bowl game?

https://www.on3.com/teams/notre-dame-fighting-irish/news/notre-dame-football-joe-alt-outland-trophy-finalist-fighting-irish-offensive-line/

Notre Dame left tackle Joe Alt named one of three Outland Trophy finalists

Tuesday was confirmation of what we all already know. Notre Dame junior left tackle Joe Altis one of the best linemen in college football. 

Alt was named one of three finalists for the Outland Trophy, which is awarded annually to the nation’s best linemen on offense or defense. The other nominees, selected by the All-America Committee of the Football Writers Association of America, are Texas defensive tackle T’Vondre Sweat and Kansas State guard Cooper Beebe. A winner will be chosen at the Home Depot College Football Awards show on Dec. 8. The show will be televised on ESPN starting at 7 p.m. ET. 

Notre Dame has had three previous winners of the Outland Trophy; defensive end Ross Browner (1976), guard Bill Fischer (1948) and tackle George Connor (1946). Connor was the very first recipient of the coveted award. There have been many great linemen to come through Notre Dame, especially on the offensive side of the ball in recent years, but none of them have stood with the trophy at the end of the year. Alt has a very good case to be the first to do so in a very long time. 

Alt’s season-long Pro Football Focus grade of 90.4 is the best in the FBS when accounting for a snap minimum. Of every FBS tackle who met the threshold, none of them came close to Alt’s score. Oregon State’s Taliese Fuaga came in second with a mark of 86.9. 

Alt is regarded as a surefire top-10 NFL Draft pick per most of the reputable draft coverage outlets. He’s got all the physical tools at 6-8, 322 pounds. Ever since he took over as Notre Dame’s starter at left tackle midway through the 2021 season he has been the most consistent, durable and downright productive player the Irish have had along the offensive line the last two seasons. 

It’s very possible, perhaps even probable, Alt has played his last game in a Notre Dame uniform. Top 10 money is tough to pass up. Of course, Alt would likely be a top 10 pick in 2025, too, if he returned to Notre Dame for his senior season, stayed healthy and played up to the standard he set for himself over the last two and a half seasons. But monetarily, there is not much incentive to stay in South Bend. And he can always return to get that coveted Notre Dame degree.

Also heard Oregon and Auburn in the for Riley. Feel like an old man but i hate this transfer portal. Irish have lost 2 receivers, a center, and defensive lineman the last few days and I’m sure there will be more. So the wide receivers for the bowl game should be interesting. 

And not sure if anyone saw, but at Mondays press conference Marcus Freeman said he wanted to do everything to keep the staff in tact for next year. On Tuesday they announced wide receivers coach Chansi Stuckey was no longer part of the staff. Strange timing, and Stuckey brought in some talented receivers. Guess someone had to be the fall guy for the offense not showing up at times this season. 

Edited by WolvesOnTheProwl

23 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Also heard Oregon and Auburn in the for Riley. Feel like an old man but i hate this transfer portal. Irish have lost 2 receivers, a center, and defensive lineman the last few days and I’m sure there will be more. So the wide receivers for the bowl game should be interesting. 

And not sure if anyone saw, but at Mondays press conference Marcus Freeman said he wanted to do everything to keep the staff in tact for next year. On Tuesday they announced wide receivers coach Chansi Stuckey was no longer part of the staff. Strange timing, and Stuckey brought in some talented receivers. Guess someone had to be the fall guy for the offense not showing up at times this season. 

I hate the timing of the transfer portal too.  I get it but it still sucks.

Gotta basically patchwork a roster together for a meaningless bowl game.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Riley Leonard (Duke) getting a lot of crystal balls to ND.

Crazy that all the ND insiders pegged him as a near lock for the Irish 3 minutes after the transfer portal opened.

Nothing to see here…

I do not understand the mentality of “recruit the best high school quarterback we can get,” but then surf the transfer portal for a new, veteran QB every year. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

There goes another freshman receiver Braylon James to the transfer portal. Sure hope Riley Leonard brings some receivers with him if he chooses to go to south bend 

7 hours ago, Irishman said:

Right? Think about next year when the bowls have to start with the 13th ranked team as the best option available. 

Yeah, that doesn't garner much interest. On a good note though, the playoffs should provide eleven fun games to watch. 

• Like 1

CFP Top 25 and how many players they have in the transfer portal:

Rank | Team | Players in Portal

1 Michigan: 0
2 Washington: 1
3 Texas: 0
4 Alabama: 0
5 Florida State: 1
6 Georgia: 4
7 Ohio State: 11
8 Oregon: 3
9 Mizzou: 7
10 Penn State: 2
11 Ole Miss: 4
12 Oklahoma: 7
13 LSU: 3
14 Arizona: 5
15 Louisville: 4
16 Notre Dame: 10
17 Iowa: 3
18 NC State: 15
19 Oregon State: 4
20 Oklahoma State: 2
21 Tennessee: 4
22 Clemson: 5
23 Liberty: 1
24 SMU: 3
25 Kansas State: 12

“The chosen one” lol…

IMG_1011.png

4 hours ago, temptation said:

CFP Top 25 and how many players they have in the transfer portal:

Rank | Team | Players in Portal

1 Michigan: 0
2 Washington: 1
3 Texas: 0
4 Alabama: 0
5 Florida State: 1
6 Georgia: 4
7 Ohio State: 11
8 Oregon: 3
9 Mizzou: 7
10 Penn State: 2
11 Ole Miss: 4
12 Oklahoma: 7
13 LSU: 3
14 Arizona: 5
15 Louisville: 4
16 Notre Dame: 10
17 Iowa: 3
18 NC State: 15
19 Oregon State: 4
20 Oklahoma State: 2
21 Tennessee: 4
22 Clemson: 5
23 Liberty: 1
24 SMU: 3
25 Kansas State: 12

“The chosen one” lol…

IMG_1011.png

Buchnar returning to ND to join the lacrosse team. Maybe he was just the chosen one for a different sport?!?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...