Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Harbaugh’s Hands Caught in Cookie Jar

Bash Riprock

46 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Im a guy who wants the best football coaches in the profession to have their craft at the highest level, which is the NFL.   

Just my preference 

Agreed. Also, Harbaugh is clearly better suited to the NFL, where he doesn’t have to deal with that pesky NCAA.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Agreed. Also, Harbaugh is clearly better suited to the NFL, where he doesn’t have to deal with that pesky NCAA.

Counterpoint:  The shelf life of an NFL coach is pretty damn short…for every Bellichick there are 2-3 Reich’s…

Harbaugh has a lifetime contract at his alma mater, will never buy a meal in Ann Arbor and will be untouchable in the event of a win Monday night…maybe even if they lose.

At 60 years old, that’s pretty damn rare and might cause one to think twice, no?

Edited by temptation

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, temptation said:

To be fair the games are discussed in the other thread…this thread is simply the assassination of Michigan’s accomplishments from folks with an axe to grind.

For the record, this thread is 19 pages long and @Bash Riprock declared himself “done going down this rabbit hole” on page 10.

Thats telling.

What is telling about me and an obvious personal flaw on my part is inability to ignore your continuous ignorant posts....such as the one above.

But remember, you can also put out the fire by keeping your fat mouth shut.  Works both ways.  

I have been clear...I am not fond of coaches and programs that cheat, nor institutions that defend and/or cover them up.  I am also not fond of people such as yourself that justify those actions and play the victim card.  I deem that pathetic.

Edited by Bash Riprock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

What is telling about me and an obvious personal flaw on my part is inability to ignore your continuous ignorant posts....such as the one above.

But remember, you can also put out the fire by keeping your fat mouth shut.  Works both ways.  

I have been clear...I am not fond of coaches and programs that cheat, nor institutions that defend and/or cover them up.  I am also not fond of people such as yourself that justify those actions and play the victim card.  I deem that pathetic.

We’ve reached the name calling portion of the thread I see…we have also reached page 20…DOUBLE the number of pages since you opted out.

I really should start charging you rent for the space I own in your head…or maybe I’ll split it with Harbaugh.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, temptation said:

We’ve reached the name calling portion of the thread I see…we have also reached page 20…DOUBLE the number of pages since you opted out.

I really should start charging you rent for the space I own in your head…or maybe I’ll split it with Harbaugh.

Send me a bill for the rent space...hold your breath and wait for the check.  Please.

2 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Send me a bill for the rent space...hold your breath and wait for the check.  Please.

You really are the gift that keeps on giving…you’ve revisited this thread (that is now 20 pages long) that YOU created 5+ months ago that continually gets bumped to the top of the forum just to share your level of “outrage” about a “cheating coach/program” which you have no affiliation or rooting interest in.

How long have you been a member of this site?  Did you bring this same level of energy to all of the cheating programs in the southeast and at USC/Ohio State who were openly paying players for years before it was legal or do you cherry pick your outrage and was iPhone 14 footage your final straw?

Harbaugh HAD to sleep with your ex girlfriend or something.  At this point there is no other rational explanation.

I can only imagine you in your living room Monday night…stabbing your Harbaugh voodoo doll and pretending to be some sort of Michael Penix fanatic because he graduated from IU.

5 hours ago, temptation said:

We’ve reached the name calling portion of the thread I see…

Interesting comment from the guy who made the homophobic comment earlier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, temptation said:

You really are the gift that keeps on giving…you’ve revisited this thread (that is now 20 pages long) that YOU created 5+ months ago that continually gets bumped to the top of the forum just to share your level of “outrage” about a “cheating coach/program” which you have no affiliation or rooting interest in.

How long have you been a member of this site?  Did you bring this same level of energy to all of the cheating programs in the southeast and at USC/Ohio State who were openly paying players for years before it was legal or do you cherry pick your outrage and was iPhone 14 footage your final straw?

Harbaugh HAD to sleep with your ex girlfriend or something.  At this point there is no other rational explanation.

I can only imagine you in your living room Monday night…stabbing your Harbaugh voodoo doll and pretending to be some sort of Michael Penix fanatic because he graduated from IU.

No one forced you to read or comment on this thread.  No one.  Just walk away.  Just walk away and stop acting like you need to defend Harbaugh.  Trust me, he's good with people's opinions.

And yes, you did make a homophobic reference about Grover and myself, and you've twice made comments about Harbaugh and my wife.  At least the quote above only references an ex-girlfriend.  After 3 of such references, I am beginning to better understand your fetish.  Those type of comments define you.

26 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

No one forced you to read or comment on this thread.  No one.  Just walk away.  Just walk away and stop acting like you need to defend Harbaugh.  Trust me, he's good with people's opinions.

And yes, you did make a homophobic reference about Grover and myself, and you've twice made comments about Harbaugh and my wife.  At least the quote above only references an ex-girlfriend.  After 3 of such references, I am beginning to better understand your fetish.  Those type of comments define you.

I’ll walk away around 11:45pm tomorrow night…

On 1/6/2024 at 6:13 PM, temptation said:

which you have no affiliation or rooting interest in.

Maybe I missed this in an earlier post, but what exactly is your affiliation with the University of Michigan or why do you have rooting interest with the institution?  Is it their hideous football helmets, stupid fight song,  overbearing school colors, generally insufferable fanbase, etc?  

I lived in southeastern Michigan for almost 10 years, so I'm pretty familiar with the UM fanbase and cognoscenti.  I even made a couple of pilgrimages to the Big House during my years there.  It was an ugly hole in the ground.  Big, sure, but an ugly dump just the same. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Muda69 said:

I even made a couple of pilgrimages to the Big House during my years there.  It was an ugly hole in the ground.  Big, sure, but an ugly dump just the same.

Many years ago when my older daughter was a high school cheerleader, their squad competed in a cheer competition at U of M. When I was talking with her afterward, she told me that their bus arrived early enough that they drove around the campus a bit. I asked if she got to see The Big House. She said they did. I asked her what she thought of it. Direct quote: “It’s a dump filled with losers.” Talk about a proud Dad!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I've been to the Big House. It's big, but that's about it. That being said, how nice their stadium is has no bearing on the fact that they are the best team in college football and just crowned themselves champions. What's disturbing to me is what college football has become and the lengths some will go (or is it most) to achieve success (or maybe it's just the income). Money corrupts the majority. I think a coach nowadays will do whatever it takes to secure his seven figure salary and over inflated ego. Many are guilty of it, not just Harbaugh. 

Anyway, congrats to the Wolverines, and glad this drama filled season is over with. 

8 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

Well, the old adage that cheaters never win is wrong.  Sometimes they do.

That's a fact and NCAA football is a dirty business.  But hey, Jimmy said they are "innocent" last night, so there you have it.  Time to move on.  Sure hope he does as well.....

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39270452/jim-harbaugh-michigan-overcame-field-issues-knew-were-innocent

Despite a three-game suspension to open the season after an NCAA investigation into alleged recruiting violations in 2020, followed by a sign-stealing scandal and the subsequent dismissal of staff member Connor Stalions that led to another three-game suspension, Harbaugh said the Wolverines were never rattled.

"It went exactly how we wanted it to go to win every game," Harbaugh said Monday night after No. 1 Michigan defeated No. 2 Washington 34-13. "The off-the-field issues, we're innocent and we stood strong and tall because we knew we were innocent. And I'd like to point that out.

"These guys are innocent. Overcome that ... it wasn't that hard because we knew we were innocent."

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

"The off-the-field issues, we're innocent and we stood strong and tall because we knew we were innocent. And I'd like to point that out.

"These guys are innocent. Overcome that ... it wasn't that hard because we knew we were innocent."

Mr. Harbaugh doth protest too much, methinks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Mr. Harbaugh doth protest too much, methinks.

I don’t necessarily agree with the sentiment. But any time you work a Shakespeare reference into a GID post, you’re getting a “like” from me. 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Congratulations to the Wolverines on their championship and ringing one up for the Big 10. Far and away the weakest field since the inception of the four team playoff. But a championship trophy none the less. 

• Haha 1