Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

23-24 DOE Enrollments

2 hours ago, WWFan said:

His enrollment list them in 1....sectionals listed in 2. 

I think the OP accidentally put Cathedral in 6A and 4A in the first two posts.  Then QB coach moved up the "largest" school in each class to accommodate.  Notice Guerin (3A/4A cut line) and Centerville (2A/3A line) are moved just like Providence (largest 1A but 2A in the sectional alignment projection.) 

That's why those projections are fun to discuss but FAR from anything official. 

*Question* Does IHSAA set 6A (32) then 5A (32) - then evenly divide the bottom 4 classes?  Or do they set 64-64-64-60ish in 1A? 

I don't think there are 320+ football schools which would mean 1A gets 64 then additional teams added at 5a?

4 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

I think the OP accidentally put Cathedral in 6A and 4A in the first two posts.  Then QB coach moved up the "largest" school in each class to accommodate.  Notice Guerin (3A/4A cut line) and Centerville (2A/3A line) are moved just like Providence (largest 1A but 2A in the sectional alignment projection.) 

That's why those projections are fun to discuss but FAR from anything official. 

*Question* Does IHSAA set 6A (32) then 5A (32) - then evenly divide the bottom 4 classes?  Or do they set 64-64-64-60ish in 1A? 

I don't think there are 320+ football schools which would mean 1A gets 64 then additional teams added at 5a?

I thought the biggest 32 were 6A. The bottom 64 were 1A. Next 64 were 2A and so on for 3A and 4A. Then the overflow went into 5A. That's why we get weird numbers in 5A sometimes like 37.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JQWL said:

I thought the biggest 32 were 6A. The bottom 64 were 1A. Next 64 were 2A and so on for 3A and 4A. Then the overflow went into 5A. That's why we get weird numbers in 5A sometimes like 37.

That’s the way they did it when there were more than 320 schools with 11 man football.  There are less than 320 now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2023 at 1:17 PM, BTF said:

Can we qualify Anderson as an Indy team since I69 is three lanes from Indy to Anderson?

Anderson is a separate city from the Indy metro for sure...though Indy seems to be getting closer to Anderson by the year.

18 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Anderson is a separate city from the Indy metro for sure...though Indy seems to be getting closer to Anderson by the year.

That's due to people leaving Anderson and heading south.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

speaking of 2 year difference:  Rensselaer in last count 527, Rensselaer this count 447 

Will that be enough to put RCHS back down in 2A?

On 1/18/2024 at 11:49 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

speaking of 2 year difference:  Rensselaer in last count 527, Rensselaer this count 447 

What on earth happened to lose that many students??

57 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

I think they found out they were at the wrong central and moved to Adams Central.

In all seriousness, I think it was a large migrant worker population that was added to the schools ADM in the fall of the count year.  

ADM?? Sorry, I am not familiar with that acronym ?? Care to explain?? 

Is the "migrant worker population" no longer around the area with their children, or did they move to another district?? 

6 minutes ago, jets said:

ADM?? Sorry, I am not familiar with that acronym ?? Care to explain?? 

Is the "migrant worker population" no longer around the area with their children, or did they move to another district?? 

ADM = Average Daily Membership.

Fancy DOE jargon for the student count.

10 hours ago, Punttheball said:

I think they found out they were at the wrong central and moved to Adams Central.

In all seriousness, I think it was a large migrant worker population that was added to the schools ADM in the fall of the count year.  

On 1/18/2024 at 11:49 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

22 hours ago, jets said:

What on earth happened to lose that many students??

The closure of St. Joseph’s College is probably a factor as well.  Here is the enrollment trend over the last 15 years for Rensselaer Central.  St. Joe closed in 2017.

2009 - 556

2010 - 570

2011 - 538

2012 - 536

2013 - 523

2014 - 553

2015 - 534

2016 - 531

2017 - 498

2018 - 498

2019 - 515

2020 - 494

2021 - 521

2022 - 468

2023 - 447

23 hours ago, Punttheball said:

12 hours ago, HoopsCoach said:

The closure of St. Joseph’s College is probably a factor as well.  Here is the enrollment trend over the last 15 years for Rensselaer Central.  St. Joe closed in 2017.

2009 - 556

2010 - 570

2011 - 538

2012 - 536

2013 - 523

2014 - 553

2015 - 534

2016 - 531

2017 - 498

2018 - 498

2019 - 515

2020 - 494

2021 - 521

2022 - 468

2023 - 447

That's why I asked Coach Nowlin ....figured he had boots on the ground with an explanation

1 hour ago, jets said:

That's why I asked Coach Nowlin ....figured he had boots on the ground with an explanation

Yes, @Coach Nowlin would definitely be a go to source.  Just thought some data and the possible correlation to the closure of St. Joe would be relevant to share.

Thanks for the Tag @HoopsCoach sorry not on much when school El ED PE is up and running, but with e learning today I popped in

@jets  yes as @Punttheball mentioned along with Hoops Coach:   That is the combo, ST. JOE has been a slow decline since closing, however count day 2022, we had a tremendous influx of transient families, families came into town, working fields and etc, and there was like 30 some HS age kids, Sept our count was 528, by Xmas we were under 500 and they all disappeared.   They had migrant busses parked an interstate hotel that was occupied for months, had Taco Truck (VERY GOOD MIND YOU) parked on site for them, first time I had ever seen this.   Hasn't happened since.   But yes, that Is what pushed us up to 3a for 2 years where we played in that class with less than 470 kids in the last 2 years.  

So it goes 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Thanks for the Tag @HoopsCoach sorry not on much when school El ED PE is up and running, but with e learning today I popped in

@jets  yes as @Punttheball mentioned along with Hoops Coach:   That is the combo, ST. JOE has been a slow decline since closing, however count day 2022, we had a tremendous influx of transient families, families came into town, working fields and etc, and there was like 30 some HS age kids, Sept our count was 528, by Xmas we were under 500 and they all disappeared.   They had migrant busses parked an interstate hotel that was occupied for months, had Taco Truck (VERY GOOD MIND YOU) parked on site for them, first time I had ever seen this.   Hasn't happened since.   But yes, that Is what pushed us up to 3a for 2 years where we played in that class with less than 470 kids in the last 2 years.  

So it goes 

Wow - that is a wild story! (And pretty bad timing in regards to enrollment counts)....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

So it goes 

I feel your pain, Seymour has always been a very static enrollment, between 1100-1200 at the HS. Given our current “migration” situation locally, leadership is expecting us 6A by the next count. Unfortunately Hispanics are not big Football participants. Last figures I heard were nearing 40% of the enrollment K-12. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Unfortunately Hispanics are not big Football participants. Last figures I heard were nearing 40% of the enrollment K-12. 

But that should improve the quality of the soccer program. Jasper's boys program has gotten much more competitive in recent years for that reason.   

• Like 2