Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

23-24 DOE Enrollments

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Looks like they lost 400+ students since the last count?  That’s pretty significant.

Poor Anderson if true, lol.

Woudn't matter much.  Anderson got Snider last year in a 3-man section and lost 44-14 in first game of post-season.  Had North the season before and lost 49-9 in the first game of post-season.  Had Kokomo the season before and lost 35-6 in the first game of post-season.  Season before it was Dwenger and lost 42-6 in the first game of post-season.  Harrison the season before that and lost 35-0 in the first game of post-season.  I'm thinking its not an issue of which sectional they end up in ... they need to get away from Ft. Wayne; and possibly the North all together.

30 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Woudn't matter much.  Anderson got Snider last year in a 3-man section and lost 44-14 in first game of post-season.  Had North the season before and lost 49-9 in the first game of post-season.  Had Kokomo the season before and lost 35-6 in the first game of post-season.  Season before it was Dwenger and lost 42-6 in the first game of post-season.  Harrison the season before that and lost 35-0 in the first game of post-season.  I'm thinking its not an issue of which sectional they end up in ... they need to get away from Ft. Wayne; and possibly the North all together.

I was referring to travel, more so than competitiveness, though that is a long way just to get your butt kicked.

Longer drive, same result.

90+ minutes one way…hopefully they’d host.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, temptation said:

I was referring to travel, more so than competitiveness, though that is a long way just to get your butt kicked.

Longer drive, same result.

90+ minutes one way…hopefully they’d host.

Can we qualify Anderson as an Indy team since I69 is three lanes from Indy to Anderson?

• Disdain 1

5 hours ago, temptation said:

Looks like they lost 400+ students since the last count?  That’s pretty significant.

Warren Central’s enrollment is down, but almost all of the students lost can be attributed to the Warren Online Academy. If you add the 379 students from the online school to the enrollment at WCHS, it puts them right around the number they had last year (3748 this year, 3788 last year).  So their enrollment hasn’t really dropped.  I’m not sure if they allow their online students to participate in athletics.  Either way, it has no impact on the classification for Warren Central in any sport.

On 12/24/2023 at 9:01 PM, qbcoach13 said:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/viewer?mid=1tvJ-o3tt6pEhP9Vf6JfHXRZGG-vN7t0&ll=39.65989550595235%2C-86.7098083467436&z=7

Updated. Now has 1a, 2a, and 3a. 

2a-4a each have 64. 1a has what is left. 

Merry Christmas!!! 

South Putnam is 1A not 2A but thank you for this list! Very cool.

12 hours ago, sr1 said:

The 3A sectional in the Evansville area would be deep. 5 of the 8 schools have been to state in the last 10 years.  Those 5 schools combined have been to state 10 times in the last 10 years and won 5 championships.

If that's the way the IHSAA sets it up it would be wonderful. So many new and old rivalries. A fan's dream. 

5 hours ago, tango said:

If that's the way the IHSAA sets it up it would be wonderful. So many new and old rivalries. A fan's dream. 

First of all- there are fall count numbers, not the Spring ones that the IHSAA will use for classifications. Don’t think they’ll change much- but you never know. 

Secondly- if Washington and Pike Central leave 30, does it makes sense for Memorial and MD to slide into their spots? (VL is already in the SIAC)

Not sure what you’d do with 32 with Salem’s departure?? 

2 hours ago, jets said:

First of all- there are fall count numbers, not the Spring ones that the IHSAA will use for classifications. Don’t think they’ll change much- but you never know. 

Secondly- if Washington and Pike Central leave 30, does it makes sense for Memorial and MD to slide into their spots? (VL is already in the SIAC)

Agree on the fall count vs spring count issue.  Way too early to worry about it.   Salem and Charlestown (up to 4A) could really shake up the SE Indiana sectional.

Washington and Bosse are right on the 3/4 cut line as well as WeBo, North Montgomery, and Centerville are close to 2/3A.  Those schools could change the groupings for what was 29/30 and 31/32 in the last classifications. I do not think West Vigo will placed in the "southwest" sectional again and highly unlikely Owen Valley is either.  They will almost certainly be grouped with Edgewood.  

Personally I would love to see Bosse go down to 3A setting up an all CENTRAL time sectional. Mt Vernon, Memorial, Mater Dei, Gibson Southern, Princeton, Heritage Hills, Southridge, and Bosse. 

Edited by oldtimeqb

2 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Agree on the fall count vs spring count issue.  Way too early to worry about it.   Salem and Charlestown (up to 4A) could really shake up the SE Indiana sectional.

Washington and Bosse are right on the 3/4 cut line as well as WeBo, North Montgomery, and Centerville are close to 2/3A.  Those schools could change the groupings for what was 29/30 and 31/32 in the last classifications. I do not think West Vigo will placed in the "southwest" sectional again and highly unlikely Owen Valley is either.  They will almost certainly be grouped with Edgewood.  

Personally I would love to see Bosse go down to 3A setting up an all CENTRAL time sectional. Mt Vernon, Memorial, Mater Dei, Gibson Southern, Princeton, Heritage Hills, Southridge, and Bosse. 

Um…Dubois County (Southridge)is on - as we like to say - “God’s time” (Eastern)….not stupid…err I mean, Central time! 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, jets said:

Um…Dubois County (Southridge)is on - as we like to say - “God’s time” (Eastern)….not stupid…err I mean, Central time! 

Wow. Total brain fart moment on my part.  

I used to joke about the two years or so where Knox, Pike, and Dubois were all central before voting to move back to eastern. 

The voting public roundly proclaimed ‘We tried progress (Central) … but didn’t like it.’ 😀

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Indiana should be on CST. I don’t care what time it is in Cincinnatti, Louisville, or Owensboro. 

Agreed.  There is no logical way Indiana should be on the same time as Maine.  “God’s time” would actually be Central time.

If Bill Laimbeer was running for Governor of Indiana on the sole platform of moving us to Central time…he’d have my vote.🤣

• Like 1

Living on & near the IN-OH state line, I'd vote for Indiana on Central and Ohio on Eastern. The best would be to just not observe DST this spring and fall and go back to Indiana time. Indiana time is Central DST and Eastern ST if I'm not mistaken. 

On 12/26/2023 at 2:45 PM, jets said:

I think it makes the most sense to group geographically so as many fans can attend games as possible, which helps the schools because they split the Sectional gate. If qbcoach13's group in SW IND for 3A comes to fruition, I would bet it would be at or near the the highest attendance for any 7 game Sectional in the state. GS, MD, HH, SR & Memorial all have big fan bases that travel.

57 minutes ago, psaboy said:

What does pin location color mean? I assuming sectional number, has that been assigned?

It’s a suggestion for sectional assignments made by the poster, nothing official.  The enrollments have not been released by the IHSAA.  They were pulled from the DOE, so they give a preview of the numbers that could be used to determine alignments for the next cycle.

• Like 1

Lafayette is closer to Indy them FWA, so I would think Harrison would make sense to put them in sectional with the northern Indy schools that are assigned that way, then add Homestead. That leaves the three teams from Da Region, Penn and Elkhart and Snider, Carroll and Northrop.