Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CFP - Who Ya’ Got?

Bobref

Michigan? The Tide? Upstart Washington? Return to Glory Texas?

After considerable soul searching, I have reluctantly decided that I want Michigan to take home the brass ring. I did so for 3 reasons:

1. After all, it’s the B1G.
  2. I would really enjoy the NCAA people swallowing hard while watching Harbaugh accept the trophy.
  3. By pulling for the Striped Helmeted Head of the Weasel Family, it’s possible I might shock @temptation into at least momentary silence, which would give us a respite, however brief, from his incessant defenses of Khaki Boy.
  • Haha 1

It's hard to take the Big Ten seriously at this stage. Half of me says Michigan chokes royally (karma is a real thing), the other half says they take the whole thing with an "in your face" middle finger to all of their doubters and attackers. They'll dub themselves champions after their victory over Bama, then comes along Washington, the underdog once again, and the Huskies shock all of college football. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bobref said:

Michigan? The Tide? Upstart Washington? Return to Glory Texas?

After considerable soul searching, I have reluctantly decided that I want Michigan to take home the brass ring. I did so for 3 reasons:

1. After all, it’s the B1G.
  2. I would really enjoy the NCAA people swallowing hard while watching Harbaugh accept the trophy.
  3. By pulling for the Striped Helmeted Head of the Weasel Family, it’s possible I might shock @temptation into at least momentary silence, which would give us a respite, however brief, from his incessant defenses of Khaki Boy.

I think this is the first time in the history of the CFP you could make a legitimate case for all 4 teams.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Michigan 31 - Alabama 21

Washington 27 - Texas 21

Washington 28 - Michigan 24

I see Washington and Texas going way over that number.  Expect a track meet.

If your prediction on the Rose Bowl is correct, I may just take @Bobref up on his offer and spare the board for a few days.

If so I need you to get some quality photos of @Bash Riprock stabbing his Jim Harbaugh voodoo doll.

Edited by temptation
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

I see Washington and Texas going way over that number.  Expect a track meet.

If your prediction on the Rose Bowl is correct, I may just take @Bobref up on his offer and spare the board for a few days.

If so I need you to get some quality photos of @Bash Riprock stabbing his Jim Harbaugh voodoo doll.

Worth the price of admission!!!!

14 hours ago, temptation said:

I think this is the first time in the history of the CFP you could make a legitimate case for all 4 teams.

Haven’t watched one bowl snap besides the Notre Dame game, but will watch all of the playoff games for this reason, not sure who will win and they should be good games 

22 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Michigan 27 - Alabama 20 final - Heckuva a game. Don’t like either team, but this could have went either way. Big 10 needed this for sure

Man, I was worried Michigan was going to choke that one away. They looked like the better team all game to me and just couldn't take control due to stupid mistakes. Bama is Bama and will be in it to the end if you don't close the door. Nothing flashy at all out of that offense. I wouldn't be surpriesed if Tommy Rees loses his job in the offseason and Bama tries finding a QB who is more of a threat throwing the ball. 

The game tying drive and the 2 play drive in OT were special. Great leadership and players who weren't afraid of the moment.

Washington 37 - Texas 31 final - Another crazy game that I felt Washington controlled throughout yet Texas had chances in the end zone in the final seconds to win it. I thought all along that Texas would not be able to stop Washington’s passing attack, too much speed, and that the Huskies would get just enough stops to win the game. 

Glad to see some new blood and both games be highly competitive. Refreshing for a change.

Thought UM would have opened as a much bigger favorite but suppose it'll get bet up a few more points before kick off. I do think UM has a big advantage in the trenches but Penix does such a great job of getting the ball out on time and delivering it on point. Michigan will ground and pound until Washington stops it, can they score enough points to keep it close?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Glad to see some new blood and both games be highly competitive. Refreshing for a change.

Thought UM would have opened as a much bigger favorite but suppose it'll get bet up a few more points before kick off. I do think UM has a big advantage in the trenches but Penix does such a great job of getting the ball out on time and delivering it on point. Michigan will ground and pound until Washington stops it, can they score enough points to keep it close?

I guess we shall see about the trenches....looks like UDUB received the award for the nation's top offensive line.  As you stated, Penix does not need much time, the UW's receivers will certainly stretch the field.  I do agree Washington will have to commit all 7 up front to stop the run...so their DB's better be on their game.

https://www.si.com/college/washington/football/husky-offensive-line-receives-moore-award-as-nations-best

Washington having their RB injured does not help them at all.....

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

yes they were

Love the physical offensive line and Old School toughness they ran their offense with.    A true throwback 

That defense was nasty too. And the tackling by their DB's in open space if phenomenal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

yes they were

Love the physical offensive line and Old School toughness they ran their offense with.    A true throwback 

And is it possibly that JJ is underratred as a draft prospect? The guy seems like a high IQ winner and leader. He can also make the big throws when needed. IDK, maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like he's being undervalued because Michigan's Offense wasn't geared around the QB throwing the ball all over the field all game. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 1:08 PM, Boilernation said:

And is it possibly that JJ is underratred as a draft prospect? The guy seems like a high IQ winner and leader. He can also make the big throws when needed. IDK, maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like he's being undervalued because Michigan's Offense wasn't geared around the QB throwing the ball all over the field all game. 

36-2 as a starter in high school…27-1 as a starter in college….(.955).

• Like 1