Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

McCarthy to the NFL…Statement About Harbaugh?

Bash Riprock

JJ McCarthy declaring for the NFL draft. Smart move?  Does he leave a year early if Jimmy Boy is returning?  Anticipating potential sanctions? 

Sorry about typo in the thread post…

image.thumb.png.442c6d587977be8da4b5a01f6eb4ed5e.png

Edited by Bash Riprock
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

JJ McCarthy declaring for the NFL draft. Smart move?  Does he leave a year early if Jimmy Boy is returning?  Anticipating potential sanctions? 

Sorry about typo in the thread post…

image.thumb.png.442c6d587977be8da4b5a01f6eb4ed5e.png

At least you’re consistent.

Over 120 players have forgone eligibility and declared for the NFL draft (including TWO from CENTER GROVE) and you make a thread about JJ and Harbaugh.

Waking up with the champs on your mind daily again…

We will see how long this one lasts before you get reprimanded by @Coach Nowlin who sees through you just like I do.

Edited by temptation
  • Disdain 1

4 hours ago, temptation said:

At least you’re consistent.

Over 120 players have forgone eligibility and declared for the NFL draft (including TWO from CENTER GROVE) and you make a thread about JJ and Harbaugh.

Waking up with the champs on your mind daily again…

We will see how long this one lasts before you get reprimanded by @Coach Nowlin who sees through you just like I do.

You are one sensitive individual. 

He’s a QB…and a very good college QB. Thus the discussion.  I’m not sure his passing abilities and other tangibles translates to a NFL game. Additionally, I think it’s more than a fair question to ask if he is making this decision based on possible knowledge his coach isn’t returning.  

That being said, I see a variety of thoughts as to where he will land in the draft. Some I read have him as the 5th QB taken…others not as optimistic. 

As far as your comment about what Coach sees in me, well perhaps you can elaborate.  But here’s some advice, just refrain from commenting if the discussion upsets you…Don’t get butt hurt or feel you were put on this earth to defend the honor of each and every Michigan football player and/or coach. Zero malice or negative intent for JJ McCarty. SMH

Edited by Bash Riprock

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

You are one sensitive individual. 

He’s a QB…and a very good college QB. Thus the discussion.  I’m not sure his passing abilities and other tangibles translates to a NFL game. Additionally, I think it’s more than a fair question to ask if he is making this decision based on possible knowledge his coach isn’t returning.  

That being said, I see a variety of thoughts as to where he will land in the draft. Some I read have him as the 5th QB taken…others not as optimistic. 

As far as your comment about what Coach sees in me, well perhaps you can elaborate.  But here’s some advice, just refrain from commenting if the discussion upsets you…Don’t get butt hurt or feel you were put on this earth to defend the honor of each and every Michigan football player and/or coach. Zero malice or negative intent for JJ McCarty. SMH

You dropped “sanctions”, lol.  You try so hard to play innocent after called out on your nonsense.

Coach shut down your other thread due to your hypocrisy after you whined about being picked on/called out.

(Oh yeah, you’ve also now misspelled his name twice.)

25 minutes ago, temptation said:

You dropped “sanctions”, lol.  You try so hard to play innocent after called out on your nonsense.

Coach shut down your other thread due to your hypocrisy after you whined about being picked on/called out.

Sanctions are an absolute possibility. Again, you don’t need to defend them. 

You couldn’t be more wrong. Just move on…

On 1/14/2024 at 8:08 PM, temptation said:

How bout we stay on topic,  that would be exciting wouldn't it?    

Where is that @Muda69 Gif of the ping pong playing cats........

For the record, I did not "reprimand" Bash,  his post was the last post in that thread, so used it as an example as stated.   

On 1/15/2024 at 3:06 AM, temptation said:

Speaking of being wrong…

Wait Wait Wait....

Youre telling me that human who choose to be so called "pundits" on various media platforms put out videos of the "wrong hot take".  

Now, you can dod the exact same thing with other of these so called pundits doing the exact same thing but instead speaking positive about Michigan and Harbaugh

This is click media 101 

Its all garbage and me personally, I spend very little time or attention to it at this point.....

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

For the record, I did not "reprimand" Bash,  his post was the last post in that thread, so used it as an example as stated.   

Ask and you shall receive:

catplayingpingpong.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/14/2024 at 8:25 PM, Footballking16 said:

Jim Harbaugh reportedly meeting with Chargers.

Looks like he did indeed interview....

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2024/01/14/jim-harbaugh-nfl-rumors-michigan-contract-updates-chargers-coaching-candidates-raiders/72225729007/

A couple of more spots may open up with terrible playoff performances....Dallas and Philly.  Going to get interesting.  Michigan is also working on an extension that I can only guess is extremely lucrative.  Will boil down to how badly he desires the NFL.  

Guess Belichick interviewed with Atlanta and assume he will be in demand as well, presenting a little competition.  Seems like a number of Raider players are pushing for their interim coach, Antonio Pierce.

8 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

My mistake.  Apologies.

On 1/16/2024 at 11:14 AM, Bash Riprock said:

Looks like he did indeed interview....

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2024/01/14/jim-harbaugh-nfl-rumors-michigan-contract-updates-chargers-coaching-candidates-raiders/72225729007/

A couple of more spots may open up with terrible playoff performances....Dallas and Philly.  Going to get interesting.  Michigan is also working on an extension that I can only guess is extremely lucrative.  Will boil down to how badly he desires the NFL.  

Guess Belichick interviewed with Atlanta and assume he will be in demand as well, presenting a little competition.  Seems like a number of Raider players are pushing for their interim coach, Antonio Pierce.

And the Falcons as well

When Jim Harbaugh accepted the job in 2015 his stated goal was to return Michigan to national prominence…

He did so, and then some, resulting in the ultimate prize.

The competitor in him knows that his stock will never be higher, his brother has a Super Bowl title and it seems he is entertaining all options and who can blame him?

Michigan will not be able to match NFL money but will his abrasive style earn him an NFL offer because he is going to have very specific demands?

As a fan it would suck to lose him but I’d understand.

Time will tell.

IMG_1451.jpeg

IMG_1439.jpeg

Edited by temptation

As for McCarthy…kid is a winner.  Posted in the other thread that he’s 63-3 as a starter since his sophomore year of high school.

Might not have the skill set of Maye, Williams and Daniels but I think he’s not as much of a risk as the defending Heisman winner…

Maybe not a day 1 starter but the combine may change that.

The young man is definitely a winner...no one can claim otherwise.  And I think he probably considered an outstanding leader.  It would seem his stock has risen after the title game in which some draft analysts are now saying he will go as the 4th QB taken at the end of the 1st round.  Based on that, I agree with Bobref...his stock will never be higher and makes sense he would declare.

What has me scratching my head a little is I thought he was ok during the national championship game, but it was far from his best.  His long run backed up down by his own endzone was probably his best play of the game.  But the NFL is now all about the passing game, and I am not sure his game best aligns with the pure passing skills needed.  Now, perhaps the experts see his potential development, similar to a Jordan Love.  I am not sure.  Harbaugh's endorsement as the "best ever" at Michigan does say something.  

I guess time will tell....seems like a young man of outstanding character and is quite the leader.  Hope he is successful at the next level.  

Any speculation as to what teams may use their draft pick on him?

19 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

The young man is definitely a winner...no one can claim otherwise.  And I think he probably considered an outstanding leader.  It would seem his stock has risen after the title game in which some draft analysts are now saying he will go as the 4th QB taken at the end of the 1st round.  Based on that, I agree with Bobref...his stock will never be higher and makes sense he would declare.

What has me scratching my head a little is I thought he was ok during the national championship game, but it was far from his best.  His long run backed up down by his own endzone was probably his best play of the game.  But the NFL is now all about the passing game, and I am not sure his game best aligns with the pure passing skills needed.  Now, perhaps the experts see his potential development, similar to a Jordan Love.  I am not sure.  Harbaugh's endorsement as the "best ever" at Michigan does say something.  

I guess time will tell....seems like a young man of outstanding character and is quite the leader.  Hope he is successful at the next level.  

I never know who to trust when it comes to your last question and with so much coaching uncertainty right now its hard to project much.

I will say however, that the Raiders have been mentioned by multiple mocks.

6 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Watched the game on ESPNNews. They had the camera behind the offense the whole game. I saw a LOT of McCarthy to make me think he will be the steal of the draft at that position. his ability to move in the pocket and knowing when to take off and run were impressive. The most impressive play though was in the first quarter. He dropped an absolute dime on a long pass play. It was a vertical route by the outside receiver. The CB was actually in a decent position, but that ball dropped in to the WR's hands and the CB had no chance to make a play. It was really something. 

Nowlin, you will likely be saddened to hear all the talk in Chicago is about Caleb Williams. I am not sure it's an upgrade from what you get with Fields, but a new offensive staff may be what JF needs. Williams may come to you a little cheaper, but I have doubts about him as a pro. 

Harbaugh is in a can't lose position. If he stays, they compete for another title. With the right team, he could turn it around quickly. I think he does want to match his brother, especially considering he was on the losing end of that one. 

13 hours ago, Irishman said:

Watched the game on ESPNNews. They had the camera behind the offense the whole game. I saw a LOT of McCarthy to make me think he will be the steal of the draft at that position. his ability to move in the pocket and knowing when to take off and run were impressive. The most impressive play though was in the first quarter. He dropped an absolute dime on a long pass play. It was a vertical route by the outside receiver. The CB was actually in a decent position, but that ball dropped in to the WR's hands and the CB had no chance to make a play. It was really something. 

Nowlin, you will likely be saddened to hear all the talk in Chicago is about Caleb Williams. I am not sure it's an upgrade from what you get with Fields, but a new offensive staff may be what JF needs. Williams may come to you a little cheaper, but I have doubts about him as a pro. 

Harbaugh is in a can't lose position. If he stays, they compete for another title. With the right team, he could turn it around quickly. I think he does want to match his brother, especially considering he was on the losing end of that one. 

I think a number of analysts would agree with you Irish.  

I agree with your comments about Harbaugh...his brother nipped him when they both took their teams to the Super Bowl, and that has to sting.  John seems to be in a good position to be a contender for another one this year.

Belichick interviewed with Atlanta again....thoughts about him coaching the Falcons. Not sure why he would want to jump in a situation without a proven QB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

I think a number of analysts would agree with you Irish.  

I agree with your comments about Harbaugh...his brother nipped him when they both took their teams to the Super Bowl, and that has to sting.  John seems to be in a good position to be a contender for another one this year.

Belichick interviewed with Atlanta again....thoughts about him coaching the Falcons. Not sure why he would want to jump in a situation without a proven QB.

Chargers interviewed Vrabel...c'mon LA...you know you wanna do it.