Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Potential Undefeated Regular Seasons in 24

Looking at your upcoming schedules what teams this year do you think have a good chance of going 9-0 this year.

Penn's schedule has been released, and after week 2 the schedule takes a tragic jump off the cliff. I expect Penn to be 9-0 at the end of the Regular season... With a battle tested Ft. Wayne Carroll in their sectional, Penn's season ends 9-1 or 10-1 this year. 

2 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Looking at your upcoming schedules what teams this year do you think have a good chance of going 9-0 this year.

Penn's schedule has been released, and after week 2 the schedule takes a tragic jump off the cliff. I expect Penn to be 9-0 at the end of the Regular season... With a battle tested Ft. Wayne Carroll in their sectional, Penn's season ends 9-1 or 10-1 this year. 

Carroll's off to a good start with Iowa QB commit Jimmy Sullivan. Don't know much about them other than that. Their program seems to be in a reloading phase. I wouldn't consider Carroll a lock against Penn. The Chargers were good last year with good outings against Hamilton Southeastern, Warren Central, and Snider. Then got wasted by Warsaw in the post season. Gotta hand it to Bart ball though, Snider almost suffered a similar fate in Mishawaka. Long story short.........Penn can beat Carroll. 

I don't see any SAC teams going undefeated, schedules are brutal.

Edited by BTF

6 hours ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Yawn....Chatard

I'll take that bet.  I think that they won't get by both Roncalli and Cathedral.  They'll be competitive, but they get Roncalli on the road this year ... and I'm not sold on the idea that Roncalli will be 4-7 again this coming season.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BTF said:

Carroll's off to a good start with Iowa QB commit Jimmy Sullivan. Don't know much about them other than that. Their program seems to be in a reloading phase. I wouldn't consider Carroll a lock against Penn. The Chargers were good last year with good outings against Hamilton Southeastern, Warren Central, and Snider. Then got wasted by Warsaw in the post season. Gotta hand it to Bart ball though, Snider almost suffered a similar fate in Mishawaka. Long story short.........Penn can beat Carroll. 

Carroll's AD has a solid brass set. The non conference games he has this year is top notch. Plus the natural rivalries of Snider and Homestead and other Ft. Wayne schools. This team will be a tough out no matter who plays them. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, foxbat said:

I'll take that bet.  I think that they won't get by both Roncalli and Cathedral.  They'll be competitive, but they get Roncalli on the road this year ... and I'm not sold on the idea that Roncalli will be 4-7 again this coming season.

4-7 no, at least 8-1 tho my friend 😉

On 2/8/2024 at 12:48 PM, BTF said:

Not wanting to hijack the thread, nor dump on the kid but what is Iowa’s recruiting pitch when they have a QB on campus, lol?

• Haha 1

On 2/9/2024 at 12:40 PM, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

What does Tippy Valley have coming back, they were a strong team going into the playoffs. 

Graduating 16 seniors a lot of really good talent and size at the skilled positions, 7 guys on both sides of the ball combined with consistent varsity experience will be coming back. I don't think they will be as good as last year, no doubt will be a tough game for anyone, but not quite the talent coming back that they had last year.

18 hours ago, temptation said:

Not wanting to hijack the thread, nor dump on the kid but what is Iowa’s recruiting pitch when they have a QB on campus, lol?

Elaborate, not sure I understand. If it makes you feel any better, Sullivan has offers from four Big Ten programs. 

18 hours ago, temptation said:

Almost fell outta my work chair reading this. 😂 and @BTF, I think (why I'm laughing), ole Temp is just poking some fun at the Hawkeyes and the fact that they operate in 13 personnel and hand the ball off like 40 times a game. So how do you even say to a kid, "hey come play QB for us! It'll be fun!" with a straight face? Idk Temp too well, but I think that's what he was implying (at least that's how I took it and enjoyed it). Lol

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CoachMack219 said:

Almost fell outta my work chair reading this. 😂 and @BTF, I think (why I'm laughing), ole Temp is just poking some fun at the Hawkeyes and the fact that they operate in 13 personnel and hand the ball off like 40 times a game. So how do you even say to a kid, "hey come play QB for us! It'll be fun!" with a straight face? Idk Temp too well, but I think that's what he was implying (at least that's how I took it and enjoyed it). Lol

I get that Iowa's offense is and always has been stale. I think it was his wording that through me off. At the end of the day, Carroll should be a pretty good team with Sullivan at the helm. Sure, the committed to a program that is least known for their QB's out of all the Big Ten programs, but three others thought he was good enough to extend an offer. And for the record, I'll say it again, I know nothing about what Carroll return other than he and Dinan. They do seem to be in a reloading phase. The student enrollment  continues to grow and their facilities make Snider and PFW look like third world countries. 

Out of the PAC...I could definitely see Heritage Hills going 9-0. State appearance and returning good amount of talent. Southridge, North Posey, and Gibson Southern would be tough roadblocks. 

Out of the SIAC...Reitz has went 9-0 two straight seasons but not sure they can make it three with how much they're losing. Can't rule them out though as I hear they could be reload candidates. If not them, I could see Memorial doing it as they return good talent from a sectional champ team.

Out of the SWIAC...Linton was solid last year and they return some of their top players on both sides, I could see them going 9-0 especially with their schedule.

1 hour ago, CoachMack219 said:

Yeah, just a jab at Iowa.  Nothing more, nothing less.  

Hope the kid goes where he best fits.

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I get that Iowa's offense is and always has been stale. I think it was his wording that through me off. At the end of the day, Carroll should be a pretty good team with Sullivan at the helm. Sure, the committed to a program that is least known for their QB's out of all the Big Ten programs, but three others thought he was good enough to extend an offer. 

Definitely wouldn't question the kid's abilities based on his commitment to be a D1, Big Ten, Quarterback. I've seen the kid's film and he is darn good. Iowa got a good one for sure! Wish him nothing but the best, as Temp said. Hopefully, for his sake, the new OC will throw it around just a LITTLE more than the about 60/40 split from a year ago (103rd/ 133 in Pass Percentage in 2023). Nothing too crazy, not saying they should turn into Hawaii (65% Pass) or anything but I think throwing it a LITTLE more would make Iowa even more appealing to QB recruits (even WR recruits), like Sullivan and others of his caliber in the future. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Yeah, just a jab at Iowa.  Nothing more, nothing less.  

Hope the kid goes where he best fits.

I more less figured...........just didn't understand your wording. Slow on the uptake I guess. Iowa will always be good with the defense they put on the field, but they'll never be a playoff contender if they don't open up their offense. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Nothing to fix on defense, plenty to fix on offense. I don't know if Sullivan will take the Iowa offense to new heights, but I do know he'll make things dangerous for his high school opponents. 

Temp...........what Indy teams have a shot at going undefeated? Who were the young teams last year? I'm hearing Warren Central might be legit, but we heard that last year too. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I more less figured...........just didn't understand your wording. Slow on the uptake I guess. Iowa will always be good with the defense they put on the field, but they'll never be a playoff contender if they don't open up their offense. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Nothing to fix on defense, plenty to fix on offense. I don't know if Sullivan will take the Iowa offense to new heights, but I do know he'll make things dangerous for his high school opponents. 

Temp...........what Indy teams have a shot at going undefeated? Who were the young teams last year? I'm hearing Warren Central might be legit, but we heard that last year too. 

No clue why a guy like Phil Parker never gets discussed when HC jobs come open.  Maybe he has and I have overlooked it?

I think you asked me a similar question this time last year when it comes to 6A central Indiana football and I will reply this year with the same answer...

"Lemme see how the transfer portal shakes out this summer and get back to you..."

That being said, I'd predict the seats at Warren and Carmel are heating up...

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

No clue why a guy like Phil Parker never gets discussed when HC jobs come open.  Maybe he has and I have overlooked it?

I think you asked me a similar question this time last year when it comes to 6A central Indiana football and I will reply this year with the same answer...

"Lemme see how the transfer portal shakes out this summer and get back to you..."

That being said, I'd predict the seats at Warren and Carmel are heating up...

Fair. I guess Fort Wayne is easier to predict than Indy. A player here or there may make a move, but not enough for a transfer of power shift. 

On 2/12/2024 at 9:28 AM, Football Fanatic said:

Out of the PAC...I could definitely see Heritage Hills going 9-0. State appearance and returning good amount of talent. Southridge, North Posey, and Gibson Southern would be tough roadblocks. 

Out of the SIAC...Reitz has went 9-0 two straight seasons but not sure they can make it three with how much they're losing. Can't rule them out though as I hear they could be reload candidates. If not them, I could see Memorial doing it as they return good talent from a sectional champ team.

Out of the SWIAC...Linton was solid last year and they return some of their top players on both sides, I could see them going 9-0 especially with their schedule.

Perhaps with Tell City dropping HH they will fill that game with an opponent who actually has the capability of beating them.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 12:42 PM, Titan32 said:

Perhaps with Tell City dropping HH they will fill that game with an opponent who actually has the capability of beating them.

I’m actually shocked that Tell City did this. They’ll probably have one of the better teams since they last Beat Heritage. Not saying they would this year but they’ll be solid. 

2 hours ago, PerrycountyFan said:

I’m actually shocked that Tell City did this. They’ll probably have one of the better teams since they last Beat Heritage. Not saying they would this year but they’ll be solid. 

The game this season wouldn't have been close, Tell City knows this.