• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
Sign in to follow this  
thedoc

EC vs Roncalli

Alright boys one of the most debated topics ever on the GID is EC Wrongcalli:02:

Just wondering what thoughts are for this weeks HUGE matchup of old rivals.

Thoughts opinions anything from my EIAC brothers or the other side.

Need to wake up da eiacman, coach farva, gamecock, chikn and jojs, and the darkside 

Going to be a battle. 

Glad we have them at home once again on our turf....errr..grass/dirt/mud.  

A lot of questions will need to be answered.  Can the Rebels shut down the Trojan run game??? Can the Trojan D contain the balanced offensive attack and limit the Rebel throw game???  

Will the weather play a factor...possible rain/showers?????  We shall see.........

Should be another great semi state matchup. It just wouldn't be right if these two teams didn't play each other for semi state! IF the Wrongcalli Rebals have a good passing attack then it will be up to EC to keep them off the field with long sustained drives. Reitz exposed ECs passed defense last week with a solid passing attack.Last year WRONGCALLI had no answer for ECs ground game. Should be a great matchup EC 28 WRONGCALLI 24

Certainly not my area of expertise but NorthWood would love to play either on Black Friday! Just can't look past those Lowell Red Devils!

Does Wrongcalli have any division 1 talent? Or any level college talent ? Curious to know what kind of athletes Wrongcalli has this year.

• Downvote 1

Biggest Stat of the game could be how many pass attempts Maxwell has and how many yards per carry ec averages.  If you let ec gain 3 to 4 yards on the ground then no reason to throw.. If Maxwell has to throw 15 to 20 times then could be trouble for my Trojans.

10 hours ago, railsplitters said:

Does Wrongcalli have any division 1 talent? Or any level college talent ? Curious to know what kind of athletes Wrongcalli has this year.

I don't believe Wrongcalli fields a team let alone have any division 1 talent or any level college talent.

Now Roncalli has some athletes with potential college talent. I don't believe they have anyone committed to a Division 1 school. They do have plenty of blue collar athletes that will likely play football somewhere.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

I don't believe Wrongcalli fields a team let alone have any division 1 talent or any level college talent.

Now Roncalli has some athletes with potential college talent. I don't believe they have anyone committed to a Division 1 school. They do have plenty of blue collar athletes that will likely play football somewhere.

I can appreciate this post.  For some reason the whole Wrongcalli thing is hittin a weird chord with me.  Maybe it's out of the immense respect I have for the ol' ball coach there. 

Edited by Von2Rov
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Von2Rov said:

I can appreciate this post.  For some reason the whole Wrongcalli thing is hittin a weird chord with me.  Maybe it's out of the immense respect I have for the ol' ball coach there. 

Agreed, Coach Scifres is a great football coach and an even better man. He is great to talk to when it comes to football knowledge and great to talk to about life in general.

Which two teams will show up on Friday?  

The Roncalli team which defeated EC last year 31-10 in the regular season or the team that lost 21-0 in semistate?  This Roncalli team, in my opinion, is a better, more balanced team than last year's team.

Will the EC team which lost to a very mediocre Bishop Chatard team 20-7 in week nine (BC's worst team in MANY years) show up or the Trojan team that defeated a very good Reitz team last week?

What is the deal with calling Roncalli - Wrongcalli from you boys?  You guys are not still carrying baggage from the November 21, 2003 are you?  Sergi was in!   If you guys need to talk with someone about this, give me a ring. I can help you get over this.  Time to move on.    Here to help!  

1 hour ago, Von2Rov said:

I agree. I know folks, coaches/admins, on both sides, I know they have nothing but respect for each other. Fans are going to be fans, take it for what it's worth. I'm looking forward to Friday night, should be a great one if you're a Football fan.

Dont be offended , its just a little nickname you guys earned years ago. I must say I was stunned to see EC handle Wrongcalli so well in the playoffs after the beat down they took in the regular season. The new EC coaching regime does seem to have EC start off slow and finish strong by the end of the year. I see another close battle.

1 hour ago, railsplitters said:

Dont be offended , its just a little nickname you guys earned years ago. I must say I was stunned to see EC handle Wrongcalli so well in the playoffs after the beat down they took in the regular season. The new EC coaching regime does seem to have EC start off slow and finish strong by the end of the year. I see another close battle.

Not offended.  Should be a great game on Friday night.  Sure EC is going to pack the house.  Agree that I see a close contest.  Roncalli has had a few this year and have managed to being on the winning side of each one.   

8 hours ago, PCollier said:

Which two teams will show up on Friday?  

The Roncalli team which defeated EC last year 31-10 in the regular season or the team that lost 21-0 in semistate?  This Roncalli team, in my opinion, is a better, more balanced team than last year's team.

Will the EC team which lost to a very mediocre Bishop Chatard team 20-7 in week nine (BC's worst team in MANY years) show up or the Trojan team that defeated a very good Reitz team last week?

BC's "worst team in MANY years" had an opportunity to beat Roncalli at home earlier in the season. Congrats to Roncalli for winning that game.  

Having seen both teams play I think Roncalli passing game is the difference in this one. Rebels win 28-14.

On 11/15/2016 at 11:38 PM, railsplitters said:

So would you say Maxwell is not a polished passer just yet? 

Very improved thrower.. has some good weapons on the outside but not sure enough to throw 15-20 times and win 

16 hours ago, Trojettes said:

BC's "worst team in MANY years" had an opportunity to beat Roncalli at home earlier in the season. Congrats to Roncalli for winning that game.  

Having seen both teams play I think Roncalli passing game is the difference in this one. Rebels win 28-14.

Very true and BC's worst team in many years was still a very strong team.  A 6-6 season and loss to Danville was a big shock to me.  This season's Rebel win was the first regular season victory over the Trojans since 2010, BC won 31-8 in 2015!  

9 hours ago, railsplitters said:

He's only a sophomore I would imagine he will be extremely polished by the time he's a senior.

Alex is going to be a stud.. true dual threat qb