• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street
Sign in to follow this  
Hog5761

Penn vs Carmel

Penn D and their special teams ... they could awing this game in Penn's favor

3 hours ago, Indian72 said:

Penn D and their special teams ... they could awing this game in Penn's favor

Carmel's Special teams pretty good as well , they have a couple burners returning punts and kickoffs . 

I think Carmel's offense is probably unlike anything Penn sees.  Still, I think it's a close game.  

I don't see Penn being able to keep it close those year. Carmel will win huge, I believe. 

I never thought I'd be a Carmel fan, but here I am. They have the good sense to have my favorite athletic trainer as their head trainer! If a trainer has any effect, Carmel wins.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

I think Carmel's offense is probably unlike anything Penn sees.  Still, I think it's a close game.  

What is special about Carmel's offense? 

Genuinely curious. 

Schematics? Or just playmakers unlike the northern part of the state?

15 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Penn has seen Carmels offense for the last 3 Semistates . Is it different this year ?

14 hours ago, CGFan2017 said:

I don't see Penn being able to keep it close those year. Carmel will win huge, I believe. 

So Carmel must be A lot better this year than CG was last year ? Because CG didn't win Huge in the state title game , and Carmel lost the Semistate game . 

33 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH85 said:

So Carmel must be A lot better this year than CG was last year ? Because CG didn't win Huge in the state title game , and Carmel lost the Semistate game . 

I think offensively CG wasn't as good last year as they were this year. I feel the same way for Carmel's offense. I'm hoping for the close game. Honestly know nothing about Penn this year other than what I've read on here. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. 

Dont get so defensive. 

Edited by CGFan2017

2 hours ago, CGFan2017 said:

I think offensively CG wasn't as good last year as they were this year. I feel the same way for Carmel's offense. I'm hoping for the close game. Honestly know nothing about Penn this year other than what I've read on here. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. 

Dont get so defensive. 

Dude, it is cool.  You go with what you know...If you have any insight into what to expect tonight please let us know.

I am expecting Carmel to be big and athletic.  Penn may not have the D1 talent that the schools down south have but these kids have a lot of heart, they have play makers all over the D and their rush is scary.  If Penn can throw the ball tonight and get the Carmel D to back off the ball, Penn will have a chance to win this game.  

Carmel's D is giving up 21.5 points per game, that means they have holes on D...Penn just needs to find them and exploit them.

18 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

What about their O would make you say that?  Do you mean athletically?  Or from a uniqueness stand point?  

We have seen 2 wishbone teams, 1 triple option, and a variety of teams that run variations of the spread but probably shouldn't.

When looking at this year's Penn team they are in my opinion better on D and much better in special teams.  We are missing Bohn from last year but this O can throw the ball and can wear a team out by pounding them repeatedly.  This O also is much better about turnovers then they have been in years past.  

Penn's offense isn't going to be able to put up enough points to win. There defense on the other hand will be the reason they win, if they win

1 hour ago, Jimmies_7 said:

Penn's offense isn't going to be able to put up enough points to win. There defense on the other hand will be the reason they win, if they win

Thank you.

there, their & they're

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It is always hard to get a good read on Penn from year to year. They always seem to have a good record and win. It is just some years it's because they are the bomb. And some years the competition is not quite up to their standards. Where as with Carmel, if they do get this far I know they are a tough out. So with that said to pick a winner ,for me ,is a crap shoot. I'm going with the greyhounds, as I think their schedule was tougher this year. 

On 11/17/2016 at 9:55 AM, Black_Gold2007 said:

We as an area have to stop fearing the teams down south.  Penn may lose but they have a punchers chance....and that is all you need.

There was no fear in my prediction... just 100% accuracy. 

Go ahead and check 21-10, damn got lucky on that guess.  Maybe that luck will rub off on the NIC next year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Can anyone that attended the game talk about how Carmel looked. I know CG played them earlier, but I'm sure they're a different team. 

Also, congrats to Penn on a great season. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IndianCheif said:

There was no fear in my prediction... just 100% accuracy. 

Go ahead and check 21-10, damn got lucky on that guess.  Maybe that luck will rub off on the NIC next year. 

You're kind of a moron, guy. 

1 hour ago, CGFan2017 said:

Can anyone that attended the game talk about how Carmel looked. I know CG played them earlier, but I'm sure they're a different team. 

Also, congrats to Penn on a great season. 

Just listened to it, not really a statement on  Carmel, just going on common opponents, scores, etc., but I'm expecting an anticlimactic 6A title game. Sagarin has CG a two score favorite on a neutral field, sounds about right. Carmel's young, maybe a year away. They sounded better than last season, especially the QB, but idk, that game had all the makings of a beat down but it never got out of hand... it sounded like a sloppy, ugly, kinda boring field position game. The better team won, but they've clearly got holes. 

Edited by AverageAmericanMale
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It was COLD and RAINY...  Awful conditions for both squads.  

I will NEVER be tempered by Penn...solid team with an impeccable staff. They are a class organization, and always look forward to seeing them,    

I will say the same for Carmel, fantastic staff and managed to perceiver through the elements tonight.  

Good luck to the Greyhounds in the Finals at LOS!!!!   Represent the North well guys....

7 hours ago, AverageAmericanMale said:

You're kind of a moron, guy. 

I try and support all NIC teams once the tourney starts, but it is people like you that make it hard to support one school. I will try and look past you and a large number of *cough*Penn*cough* supporters like you that think you are on this pedestal and can not be analyzed or critique, and tell the genuine rational people that attend and support that school... Great seaon and nice job representing the NIC with CLASS (even with trolls on you back).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5